shipping from japan - stuck

orbitalharvest

hey apologies if this is a covered topic.  i did a cursory search through but didn't see anything right away.  i ordered an item from mandrake.  they sent me the ems tracking, and it looks like the shipment has made it's way here to california.  it's even been received by some post office (not sure exactly which one) here in my city, but it's sat there since the 12th.  is this normal?  any experience with this happening guys?  thanks for any info ahead of time y'all!

I've had instances where the item kept moving back and forth between Chicago and my home city, Madison. Sometimes it's just one postal worker (or one postal location) that reads the international label wrong and sends it the wrong way. I've also had cases where a package languished in my local post office for several days/weeks; in those cases, I just went to the post office and asked about it, and eventually they found it waiting wherever it waited and got it to me.

If it turns out to be missing/stolen, then... well, I've fortunately never experienced that, so I can't help in that circumstance. I'm sure some of the other folks here would be able to help with that.

20 minutes ago, orbitalharvest said:

hey apologies if this is a covered topic.  i did a cursory search through but didn't see anything right away.  i ordered an item from mandrake.  they sent me the ems tracking, and it looks like the shipment has made it's way here to california.  it's even been received by some post office (not sure exactly which one) here in my city, but it's sat there since the 12th.  is this normal?  any experience with this happening guys?  thanks for any info ahead of time y'all!

If its ems then you should go to your local post office to see if they can look it up from their internal system to see whats up.