13 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

You're assuming that the price was correct on a listing that likely was never intended to be "live."  (It's either no longer live because they ran out of stock before ever announcing or because they were just mocking up the listing and accidentally made it live.)

Also, for me, the price was less expensive with shipping than if I leveraged one of the lower POs that you're referring to.  Even if we could do SAL by the time this is released (which is doubtful,) it still ends up being with $5 of Bluefin.  The only one I've seen for cheap enough is MyKombini which sold out right away over night on release.

If you live in a place like CA with high tax, then YMMV.

I'm not talking about JP sellers.

33 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Annnd you're holding out on where these magical listings are because?....  :)

I think he might be referring to proxy services maybe? I could be entirely wrong. With a proxy service shipping (jpn domestic and international), service fees) would probably average about 60$ ontop of the jpn pbandai msrp of 28600 jpnyen (lets say about $265 US). In total that would come out to about what bluefinbrands starting price is $325 (before state tax if this applies to you, for most it does like me $30+ NYstate tax).

Along with their horrible shipping (even with the requested service of padding out and someone like me who doesn't mind paying the extra shipping cost, they still deny) this makes bluefinbrands the less desirable choice. Oh and my example of padding out a shipment was for my $1020 MS Nu which they refused to. The brown shipper box was scuffed up, dented and smushed... thanks to the horrible NY shipping handlers and luckily nothing was damaged. But overall I wouldn't mind giving my money to a service overseas that wouldn't mind padding out my items for a few extra dollars rather than lining their own pockets.

edit: I wouldn't have mind if the shipping cost came up to an additional $50 for my MS Nu... fkn hell I already dished out 1020 >.>. Same logic would apply for this eva 01 mb movie ed. I'm sure if I submit a request they'll bs me and politely say no and my stuff will still arrived fkd. I would probably do a cc chargeback if they denied my request to cancel.

Edited by PsYcHoDyNaMiX

36 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Annnd you're holding out on where these magical listings are because?....  :)

To encourage people to do their own searches as well. This community and others has its regular members that always help out with the links and put the effort in searching them. I link POs here that go up as well and that's with constant stalking of certain websites or looking at other fora and reposting the info here. It takes effort.

Then, there are some that just wait for it to be done for them. 

Plus I'm cranky today.

Edited by crackpot

4 minutes ago, crackpot said:

To encourage people to do their own searches as well. This community and others has its regular members that always help out with the links and put the effort in searching them. I link POs here that go up as well and that's with constant stalking of certain websites or looking at other fora and reposting the info here. It takes effort.

Plus I'm cranky today.

Me too... I couldn't sleep T_T.

and my potato of a 3d printer decided to give me a hard time this morning >.>.

Edited by PsYcHoDyNaMiX

2 minutes ago, PsYcHoDyNaMiX said:

I think he might be referring to proxy services maybe? I could be entirely wrong. With a proxy service shipping (jpn domestic and international), service fees) would probably average about 60$ ontop of the jpn pbandai msrp of 28600 jpnyen (lets say about $265 US). In total that would come out to about what bluefinbrands starting price is $325 (before state tax if this applies to you, for most it does like me $30+ NYstate tax).

Along with their horrible shipping (even with the requested service of padding out and someone like me who doesn't mind paying the extra shipping cost, they still deny) this makes bluefinbrands the less desirable choice. Oh and my example of padding out a shipment was for my $1020 MS Nu which they refused to. The brown shipper box was scuffed up, dented and smushed... thanks to the horrible NY shipping handlers and luckily nothing was damaged. But overall I wouldn't mind giving my money to a service overseas that wouldn't mind padding out my items for a few extra dollars rather than lining their own pockets.

Right on, totally get why you wouldn't want that.

And, @crackpot doesn't seem to be referring to JP proxy services:

43 minutes ago, crackpot said:

I'm not talking about JP sellers.

In my mind, a proxy is a JP seller being domestic in Japan.  They aren't an etailer shop, but they are a JP service, hence, EMS, DHL, etc. is still required unlike purchasing from the States.  But yeah, to your point YMMV on that.  For me, my total from Bluefin was $331.  The Int'l stuff that I do for Macross is only because I can't do it elsewhere easily.  It's a pain.

3 minutes ago, crackpot said:

To encourage people to do their own searches as well. This community and others has its regular members that always help out with the links and put the effort in searching them. 

Plus I'm cranky today.

At least you're being honest. haha. But I'm not one of those people.  I regularly contribute.  And if I recall, a ton of people helped you on the DX 1/48 thread when you first arrived.  :)  Food for thought.

We all have cranky days.  Especially, when our lives are upside down right now.

8 minutes ago, PsYcHoDyNaMiX said:

With a proxy service shipping (jpn domestic and international), service fees) would probably average about 60$ ontop of the jpn pbandai msrp of 28600 jpnyen (lets say about $265 US). In total that would come out to about what bluefinbrands starting price is $325 (before state tax if this applies to you, for most it does like me $30+ NYstate tax).

This as well. With that in mind, along with the rest, 2nd round of JP PO starts 4/14 4pm JST. So you got less than 24 hours to put that request in with a proxy.

20 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

And if I recall, a ton of people helped you on the DX 1/48 thread when you first arrived.  :)  Food for thought.

Oh yeah, I'm grateful for that but at the same time I was constantly checking all those websites regularly throughout the day, as well on PO night, even after a few weeks after PO night, then close to release day through a few days after until I was quick enough to get one.

I put links here as soon as I find them as well.

Edited by crackpot

So I'm confused, are there US based, or non-Japanese based sellers with the EVA2020 listing live right now? Or is the discussion re: Bluefin just to hold out because non-Japanese sellers are likely to have a listing up that is less expensive? Provided one knows "where to look" or is really good with Google-Fu that is.

-b.

11 minutes ago, Snackbar said:

The Eva Metal Build is now live... officially this time. :)

https://www.bluefinbrands.com/eva-01-test-type-eva2020-bundle.html

Nice.

6 minutes ago, crackpot said:

Interesting. So it wasn't more significantly expensive. The $325 was a bundle with other stuff included and the lone figure is $285.

Link for the stand-alone (Sold Out); https://www.bluefinbrands.com/eva-01-test-type-eva2020-evangelion-bandai-tamashii-nations-metal-build.html

Would have rather had the stand-alone, could care less about those mini figures. 

-b.

At least the two mini figs appear to be poseable. *Yoda* Hrrrrmmmmmmmm really on the fence now about cancelling my order. At least for the $30 difference (NY state tax) I'm getting two poseable mini figs? XD

EDIT: wait... what's the scale on those mini figs?!

EDIT2: wtf!? $50?! Something weird is going on here... >.>
https://www.entertainmentearth.com/product/evangelion-20-you-can-not-advance-eva-unit-9th-angel-evangelion-production-model03-nxedge-style-action-figure/blfbas55695

EDIT3: $35 for the Eva06 from bbts, the going price for eva03 at multiple sites is $50 preorder:
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/93423

EDIT4: Sooooooo with it being a bundle... I'm guessing they'll ship it all together in another box and not the brown shipper box with the two nxedge style figures on the outside taped to it? XD

EDIT5: Okay as long as the two NXedge figs arent just packing taped to the outside of the brown shipper box of the pbandai MB eva01 movie ed... I'm content with the $30 difference... atm >.>. XD

Edited by PsYcHoDyNaMiX

2 minutes ago, PsYcHoDyNaMiX said:

Tiny! :lol:

That is a good question though, but I'm sure I'll be mildly disappointed with what that extra $30 earned me.

-b.

11 minutes ago, PsYcHoDyNaMiX said:

At least the two mini figs appear to be poseable. *Yoda* Hrrrrmmmmmmmm really on the fence now about cancelling my order. At least for the $30 difference (NY state tax) I'm getting two poseable mini figs? XD

EDIT2: wtf!? $50?! Something weird is going on here... >.>
https://www.entertainmentearth.com/product/evangelion-20-you-can-not-advance-eva-unit-9th-angel-evangelion-production-model03-nxedge-style-action-figure/blfbas55695

EDIT3: $35 for the Eva06 from bbts, the going price for eva03 at multiple sites is $50 preorder:
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/93423

EDIT4: Sooooooo with it being a bundle... I'm guessing they'll ship it all together in another box and not the brown shipper box with the two nxedge style figures on the outside taped to it? XD

Trying to get rid of shelf warmers. Lol! The other one is still a PO but the orders received were probably very low.

37 minutes ago, Kanedas Bike said:

Nice.

Link for the stand-alone (Sold Out); https://www.bluefinbrands.com/eva-01-test-type-eva2020-evangelion-bandai-tamashii-nations-metal-build.html

Would have rather had the stand-alone, could care less about those mini figures. 

-b.

Ahhh wtf there was a standalone?! Okay now im just feeling a bit dumb but at least not so dumb because got the jump on a hair pulling preorder window by going with the bundle days ago lol.

EDIT: damn bluefinbrands trying to catch everyone with the bundle by only providing the bundle link on their media pages (fb, ig, twitter, etc.).

EDIT2: okay not 'so' bummed out about the extra $40.

Edited by PsYcHoDyNaMiX

38 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Did you happen to catch this live with an "Add to Cart" before being sold out? 

On their twitter feed, it never links to the standalone release. All links posted lead to the bundle. You can assume there never was an option for the standalone but who knows?

Edited by crackpot

1 minute ago, Alex GS said:

I would tried to get this if I didn't own already MB Eva 01 & Eva 02, the price is spot on for  a Tamashi Exclusive .

https://www.bluefinbrands.com/eva-01-test-type-eva2020-evangelion-bandai-tamashii-nations-metal-build.html#

Came here to post the same thing. I'm in the same boat; already own both (two of each).

To buy another for a different pearlescent paint scheme, especially during these times...

They just enabled the `Add to Cart` button the standalone:

https://www.bluefinbrands.com/eva-01-test-type-eva2020-evangelion-bandai-tamashii-nations-metal-build.html#

(Edit: I just clicked on Alex GS's link and there was not a button, then I clicked on the link in the email they sent 44 minutes ago and it had a button. Refreshed the original and it now also has a button. So they either activated the button on the page or have some sort of mailing list activation...which I don't but is feasible. Third option, my first request failed somehow...but I've clicked on all of these links 5+ times each because this rollout is silly.)

Edited by FattyMoBookyButt
Added description

1 minute ago, bleecher said:

The problem is for people who ordered the bundle and have no option to switch over the the standalone. Maybe Bluefin customer service can update the orders though?

If you contact customer service, they can cancel your order, and then you can order the standalone version. customerservice@bluefincollectibles.com

Edited by Snackbar

12 minutes ago, crackpot said:

After more than an hour, the standalone is available. They definitely need somebody else to manage their website better. 

Right now they're probably more worried about staying in business over the next two years.

31 minutes ago, Alex GS said:

I would tried to get this if I didn't own already MB Eva 01 & Eva 02, the price is spot on for  a Tamashi Exclusive .

The colors are growing on me but man I hate that I cannot force myself to like the headsculpt on this.

1 hour ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Did you happen to catch this live with an "Add to Cart" before being sold out? 

Nope, but as everyone is talking about the listing is live now.

Sorry, I was/am at work (from home) and got distracted from the fun times here. 

I also got that same email, I'm not even going to bother with trying to switch my order, I'll live with $30 for two little figures I didn't really want but might turn out to be cool enough.

-b.