1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

Was your order got cancelled or still unfulfilled?

It hasn't been cancelled. I just wish BBTS didn't require an NRD for the Metal Builds so I could cancel the pre-order and pick-up EVA 00 from HLJ. 

4 hours ago, General Rasp said:

It hasn't been cancelled. I just wish BBTS didn't require an NRD for the Metal Builds so I could cancel the pre-order and pick-up EVA 00 from HLJ. 

did you try comparing the difference in price even if you loss the down payment?

It might still be cheaper getting it from HLJ and lose the BBTS down payment

HLJ with shipping to USA by fedex is at 31,780 yen ,  is around 234 USD

At BBTS you will still need to pay the tax and the $4 shipping

11 hours ago, General Rasp said:

I regret doing a NRD pre-order with BBTS.

They need to change their name to Bad Toy Store. They have the slowest fulfilment times of any place I have used recently. They item will release and then 4 months later you get their notification. That in conjunction with their price gouging makes them a "Last Resort" type purchase in my book. 

14 hours ago, General Rasp said:

I have a Metal Build Hi-Nu at BBTS with NRD. However it is planned for release in September 2022. I’m tempted to snatch a second copy once it is released in Juli.

It is probably cheaper getting it now from Japan given the current exchange rate.

I really love the Hi-Nu design (specifically the MG Ver. Ka sculpt) but I don’t know if I like the Metal Build enough to own two.

Got my Metal Build Type-x Finsternis this week and in person it looks pretty similar to the promotional pictures. 
Under certain lighting conditions it can look a bit redish but not nearly as exaggerated as some pictures made it look like.

So Bandai, now that I got an Astraea with a Sniper Rifle and a Dynames with a GN Bazooka, when will I get a green Dynames with the correct sniper cloak?

I've got to say i've been having some pretty bad luck with my Metal Robot Damashii figures lately.  A piece on my Bael broke off the other day, and prior to that, the very fragile plastic hinge on the backpack connector for the Akatsuki funnels also broke off.  I'm past the point where I ham-hands stuff now, so I was horrified when both happened.  Nothing crazy glue can't fix in both cases, but very disappointing.  I'm also noticing that the joints on a lot of my MRD's, particularly the real type Knight Gundams, have become extremely loose over time from nothing but sitting in a detolf.  

Apparently there is a July release (reissue?) for Metal Build Astray Gold Frame Amatsu Mina and F91 Chronicle White going on:

https://www.hlj.com/metal-build-gundam-astray-gold-frame-amatsu-mina-princess-of-the-sky-ver-reissue-bans61071-2

https://www.hlj.com/metal-build-gundam-f91-chronicle-white-ver-reissue-bans61067-2

1 hour ago, Scyla said:

Apparently there is a July release (reissue?) for Metal Build Astray Gold Frame Amatsu Mina and F91 Chronicle White going on:

https://www.hlj.com/metal-build-gundam-astray-gold-frame-amatsu-mina-princess-of-the-sky-ver-reissue-bans61071-2

https://www.hlj.com/metal-build-gundam-f91-chronicle-white-ver-reissue-bans61067-2

I would love to jump on the Gold Frame buuuut

The Hi-ν Gundam comes out at the end of the month so it kinda goes over my budget

5 hours ago, davidwhangchoi said:

@no3Ljm hey! Which metal builds are  you planning to get? Or you taking a break from the line a bit? Im on a break except hi-v 

@68whiskeyhow bout you?

I got the Gold Frame Mina & F91 on the initial pre order. I need to save room as I just ordered the 1/72 Moshow Strike Rouge & Seed Studios Eva 02 statue and its 36in x 20in . Not sure I can do anymore "Re Issues" this year.  I dont have the kind of storage or finances like @Carlsylar lol

@davidwhangchoi are you getting either of those? 

1 hour ago, 68whiskey said:

I got the Gold Frame Mina & F91 on the initial pre order. I need to save room as I just ordered the 1/72 Moshow Strike Rouge & Seed Studios Eva 02 statue and its 36in x 20in . Not sure I can do anymore "Re Issues" this year.  I dont have the kind of storage or finances like @Carlsylar lol

@davidwhangchoi are you getting either of those? 

I had doubles of the original F91 so i’m going to pass on that but gold frame is tempting. 

18 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

I had doubles of the original F91 so i’m going to pass on that but gold frame is tempting. 

The Gold Frame is nice because you get everything that the original had plus more (like a second golden right arm).

The matte finish makes it stand out around the other Astrays who all have a glossy finish.

On 7/12/2022 at 3:36 PM, davidwhangchoi said:

@no3Ljm hey! Which metal builds are  you planning to get? Or you taking a break from the line a bit? Im on a break except hi-v 

Hey @davidwhangchoi:drinks: Same as you. On break on most stuff. Just waiting for the Metal Build Hi-Nu and Chogokin RX-93ff. :rolleyes:

Got my Metal Build Historia book today. It has a nice double page spread of every release up to the Hi-Nu (who’s pictures are sadly too dark).

But the best thing is the extra content in the back of the book with lots of of schematics and technical drawings of the toys as well as information on the painting process and so on.

Sadly everything is in Japanese (which I can’t read) so I can just look at the picture. 

15 minutes ago, 100mega said:

Anyone here ever order Metal Build figures from USA Gundam Store know how much they generally lag behind places like HLJ? Waiting on my Eva 00 ☺️

I've ordered metal builds from them in the past. It usually takes a little over a month after JP release for US retailers to receive their items, however, that was Pre-COVID when items arrived and shipped from our ports in a timely manner.

2 hours ago, Grey728 said:

I've ordered metal builds from them in the past. It usually takes a little over a month after JP release for US retailers to receive their items, however, that was Pre-COVID when items arrived and shipped from our ports in a timely manner.

Yeah at this point I'd bank on two months or more after JP release. USAG has gotten big, and even ordering in-stock items can take a week or so for things to ship out. They will deliver, but just like BBTS it will take time. 

Edited by leeboo1211

2 hours ago, davidwhangchoi said:

ah i forgot about the chogokin gundam:good:

I haven't ordered the Chogokin one. It's expensive on most proxy stores. I'm going to take a chance when it becomes available on Bandai US sites. For now, not willing on paying $400 something for it.

6 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

I haven't ordered the Chogokin one. It's expensive on most proxy stores. I'm going to take a chance when it becomes available on Bandai US sites. For now, not willing on paying $400 something for it.

I am in the same boat with you. $400 for something that is not even up to Metal Build quality/detail is a bit steep. 

You guys see P Bandai is now saying they are going to release to US & Japan at same time? Then in the fine print it says "Not responsible for shipping delays outside of our control" , this is the common excuse they use i.e "Logistics" . Im assuming they are getting heat for their horrible shipping times. 

Their quote below

WORLDWIDE SAME TIME DELIVERY Item
*We will offer an efficient concurrently deliver service across the globe, but will not be liable for delay caused by events we cannot control, such as International shipping crisis.
Edited by 68whiskey

1 hour ago, 68whiskey said:

I am in the same boat with you. $400 for something that is not even up to Metal Build quality/detail is a bit steep. 

You guys see P Bandai is now saying they are going to release to US & Japan at same time? Then in the fine print it says "Not responsible for shipping delays outside of our control" , this is the common excuse they use i.e "Logistics" . Im assuming they are getting heat for their horrible shipping times. 

Their quote below

WORLDWIDE SAME TIME DELIVERY Item
*We will offer an efficient concurrently deliver service across the globe, but will not be liable for delay caused by events we cannot control, such as International shipping crisis.

Thanks for sharing that. For me, with what's been going on around the world, I don't mind the wait as long that I'm going to get it. I just hope that I will do. ;) 

I know it's Chogokin but I still going to put it here since it's GUNDAM. ;)

Chogokin Gundam AERIAL
January 2023
Y22000

image.jpeg.47ff2a95dc3c5434ed93f40180a18bd1.jpeg

image.jpeg.d99238a9b7510f68ee121e84c2331deb.jpeg

I wonder why Gundam is venturing back to the Chogokin line even though there's already Metal Build and Metal Composite. I know it makes sense on the recent Gundam statues line, I just don't know why they're going to release AERIAL under the Chogokin. Probably because it has lights up gimmick where the other line doesn't?

16 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

I know it's Chogokin but I still going to put it here since it's GUNDAM. ;)

Chogokin Gundam AERIAL
January 2023
Y22000

image.jpeg.47ff2a95dc3c5434ed93f40180a18bd1.jpeg

image.jpeg.d99238a9b7510f68ee121e84c2331deb.jpeg

I wonder why Gundam is venturing back to the Chogokin line even though there's already Metal Build and Metal Composite. I know it makes sense on the recent Gundam statues line, I just don't know why they're going to release AERIAL under the Chogokin. Probably because it has lights up gimmick where the other line doesn't?

The Qan[t] has an LED in his chest. So there would be a precedent.

Maybe it is the way they are built and designed. Metal Build for stylized designs, Metal Composite for Katoki Hajime designs, Chogokin for the rest of the high end Gundam action figures.

I would appreciate of the Metal Build line ends soon since I’m out of display space. :p

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

The new movie is coming out, the Witch From Mercury. Its probably easier to tool up on the chogokin line than a metal build line. 

14 hours ago, 68whiskey said:

The new movie is coming out, the Witch From Mercury. Its probably easier to tool up on the chogokin line than a metal build line. 

I thought Witch From Mercury is a series and not a movie/OVA?

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

I thought Witch From Mercury is a series and not a movie/OVA?

The prologue that just released is an ova/ona episode. The series broadcasts drop later this fall.

Prologue episode (open the video in new window and read the description)

Completly forgot about that version of Vidar. Used to only seeing the FM 1/100 design the follow up was burried.

Edited by Rock

27 minutes ago, Rock said:

The prologue that just released is an ova/ona episode. The series broadcasts drop later this fall.

Prologue episode (open the video in new window and read the description)

Thanks for that. I only asked 68whiskey because of the Chogokin conversation. But seeing that Aerial is not featured in that Prologue OVA/ONA episode, I'm just curious why Aerial falls under the Chogokin line.