6 hours ago, weiser21 said:

Already POed with BBTS with a non refundable deposit. :sad:

Same here. I was so confused why BBTS needed a non-refundable deposit. If any of the pre-orders were cancelled they would be taken by other customers. This figure isn't going to be a shelf warmer.

24 minutes ago, 68whiskey said:

Speaking of the GUndam Factory Rx-78 , have the Illuminated versions dropped anywhere other than ebay yet? Im not ready to pay $400 + tax for one 

@LUNA PARK has it for Y25800.

https://www.lunapark.store/product-page/chogokin-x-gundam-factory-yokohama-rx-78f00-gundam-night-illuminated-ver

15 hours ago, 68whiskey said:

Speaking of the GUndam Factory Rx-78 , have the Illuminated versions dropped anywhere other than ebay yet? Im not ready to pay $400 + tax for one 

15 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

14 hours ago, 68whiskey said:

I have had bad experiences with Luna Park , I refuse to give them my money. 

That's where I ordered mine from, I've had it for about a week - still haven't opened it yet. 

I almost had a bad experience with LP as they essentially put one layer of bubble wrap, placed it inside of the Gundam Factory shopping bag and double-bagged it with the DHL shipping bags (so the box, wrapped in bubble wrap, inside of the Gundam Factor Bag inside of (2) DHL bags). It's truly a miracle that it arrived with a couple of dings on the corners of the box.

I'll order from LP again but will make a point of asking them to place my item inside an actual shipping box. 😒

-b.

1 hour ago, Kanedas Bike said:

That's where I ordered mine from, I've had it for about a week - still haven't opened it yet. 

I almost had a bad experience with LP as they essentially put one layer of bubble wrap, placed it inside of the Gundam Factory shopping bag and double-bagged it with the DHL shipping bags (so the box, wrapped in bubble wrap, inside of the Gundam Factor Bag inside of (2) DHL bags). It's truly a miracle that it arrived with a couple of dings on the corners of the box.

I'll order from LP again but will make a point of asking them to place my item inside an actual shipping box. 😒

-b.

How much did they charge you for shipping? I was going to order one from them then saw the 5K Yen shipping fee and decided to wait. If that's what 5K Yen shipping gets me, I'm out.

2 hours ago, Kanedas Bike said:

-b.

Doesn't look like they've changed that practice, at least not across the board. This was posted to a Facebook group 2 days ago, 

Screenshot_20211107-213435_Facebook.jpg

4 hours ago, weiser21 said:

How much did they charge you for shipping? I was going to order one from them then saw the 5K Yen shipping fee and decided to wait. If that's what 5K Yen shipping gets me, I'm out.

It was 5000 JPY, probably a little high considering no box, but it was via DHL and it arrived lightning fast so I'm not inclined to make a big deal about it.

2 hours ago, leeboo1211 said:

Doesn't look like they've changed that practice, at least not across the board. This was posted to a Facebook group 2 days ago, 

Screenshot_20211107-213435_Facebook.jpg

^Pretty much the same, but packed a little better than that (didn't have that terrible brown tape around it).

To be honest I'm probably more annoyed that the Gundam Factory bag was used as packing material. My original Gundam Factory came from OkiniLand and it was nicely folded and unused and the bag was something that I was not expecting when it arrived.

All of that said, I got lucky, my item arrived in good shape, it arrived quickly so I don't have any legit complaints. Just sharing my experience since I saw the question asked. I'd order from them again, but I would make a point to ask for an actual box for shipping.

-b.

On 11/7/2021 at 11:32 PM, Kanedas Bike said:

It was 5000 JPY, probably a little high considering no box, but it was via DHL and it arrived lightning fast so I'm not inclined to make a big deal about it.

^Pretty much the same, but packed a little better than that (didn't have that terrible brown tape around it).

To be honest I'm probably more annoyed that the Gundam Factory bag was used as packing material. My original Gundam Factory came from OkiniLand and it was nicely folded and unused and the bag was something that I was not expecting when it arrived.

All of that said, I got lucky, my item arrived in good shape, it arrived quickly so I don't have any legit complaints. Just sharing my experience since I saw the question asked. I'd order from them again, but I would make a point to ask for an actual box for shipping.

-b.

I don't think they care about box condition as long as the contents arrive intact. They did that to me as well (shipped my item in a bag) and when I reached to them their reply to me was the same as that dude's post. They asked me here to reach out to them again but it's too much of a hassle. I recall them asking for additional shipping as my pre order was made before the pandemic. Very disappointed when the item arrived.

2 minutes ago, weiser21 said:

I don't think they care about box condition as long as the contents arrive intact. They did that to me as well (shipped my item in a bag) and when I reached to them their reply to me was the same as that dude's post. They asked me here to reach out to them again but it's too much of a hassle. I recall them asking for additional shipping as my pre order was made before the pandemic. Very disappointed when the item arrived.

That's a real bummer, I recall HLJ took a similar stance some years back and after (what I assume had to have been) significant customer backlash their shipping practices shifted back to better protection for the items being shipped.

I suspect that LP will go through those same pains and improve, or see business shift to other vendors.

And I still haven't opened my Gundam Factory Nigh Illuminated version...😬 

-b.

Just my personal experience with Luna Park. I ordered a second GBP VF-1J. One from Luna the other from Okini. Both came to me in really good shape. Both came in cardboard boxes and NOT ship wrapped.

One thing I WOULD HIGHLY recommend for Luna Park is, plastic corner additions. ShowZ sends them out on almost everything I have ordered. I have a collection of them, if I decide to sell stuff down the road. I am not sure what additional cost this would be for them, but that way, even if in a shipping wrap package the corners are far more protected. Ultimately better shipping containers should be used.

4 hours ago, Alphahorizon said:

Just my personal experience with Luna Park. I ordered a second GBP VF-1J. One from Luna the other from Okini. Both came to me in really good shape. Both came in cardboard boxes and NOT ship wrapped.

One thing I WOULD HIGHLY recommend for Luna Park is, plastic corner additions. ShowZ sends them out on almost everything I have ordered. I have a collection of them, if I decide to sell stuff down the road. I am not sure what additional cost this would be for them, but that way, even if in a shipping wrap package the corners are far more protected. Ultimately better shipping containers should be used.

It's perplexing, since Luna Park had made that video about updating their shipping practices. The post I saw with crappy packaging was of the Haya Vf-31 with fold projector, which is the most recent release. I guess some are still slipping through the cracks. 

31 minutes ago, tjdetweiler said:

I just pre-ordered Epyon from Meccha Japan - has anyone ordered from there before?

Looks legit and done some research as well.

First time I heard of it. Based on their Facebook page, they're founded in 2017 so basically new. Anyways, good luck and do let us know your experience. :good: 

I just recently stumbled on this video for RG Hi-Nu Gundam. I wonder if they're going to make the Metal Build design as complicated as the RG kit. :rolleyes:

Also the only gripe I have on the teaser Metal Build image is that the head doesn't look like squished as the recent Hi-Nu heads out there. The main camera thing on its forehead looks too tall for me. But it doesn't mean I'm not going to get one. :lol: 

img03.png.ed2376635dca3016cebc8a0745c32f0c.png

On 11/12/2021 at 11:37 AM, no3Ljm said:

I just recently stumbled on this video for RG Hi-Nu Gundam. I wonder if they're going to make the Metal Build design as complicated as the RG kit. :rolleyes:

Also the only gripe I have on the teaser Metal Build image is that the head doesn't look like squished as the recent Hi-Nu heads out there. The main camera thing on its forehead looks too tall for me. But it doesn't mean I'm not going to get one. :lol: 

img03.png.ed2376635dca3016cebc8a0745c32f0c.png

Damn, looking forward to this - we might see an actual prototype in a few days time! I can't wait!

Hopefully we get a release date for Metal Structure Sazabi

On 11/12/2021 at 8:50 AM, tjdetweiler said:

I just pre-ordered Epyon from Meccha Japan - has anyone ordered from there before?

Looks legit and done some research as well.

There a YTer who reviews Robot Spirits and I heard him spruik Meccha Japan in some of his videos. 

11/19(金)開幕の『TAMASHII NATION ONLINE 2021』では、「METAL BUILD エヴァンゲリオン零号機」をはじめ、初公開となるエヴァ フィギュアが多数出展!
<METAL BUILD エヴァ ンゲリオン 汎用ヒト型決戦兵器武装シミュレーター>も稼働予定!

At "TAMASHII NATION ONLINE 2021" which opens on 11/19 (Friday), many Eva figures will be exhibited for the first time, including "METAL BUILD Evangelion No. 0"!
<METAL BUILD Evangelion General-Purpose Humanoid Battle Weapon Armed Simulator> will also be in operation!

mb005.jpg.f7daf942d01b978f65604dc10b5f1d10.jpg

mb006.jpg.833ba442eb7ffbaae8418f857849cee3.jpg

• no3Ljm changed the title to Gundam METAL & Chogokin Line (MBuild/MStructure/GFFMComposite/MRDamashii)