14 hours ago, Scyla said:

To me the differences boil down to:

Metal Build: stylized designs from mostly non UC suits

Metal Composite: designs of mostly UC suits true to the designs of Katoki Hajime

Chogokin: adapted Gunpla designs (from what I can tell) made into action figures

Other than that, they all are roughly 1/100 scale, have die cast, paint and plastic (though distribution and amount will vary), come with display stands and lots of accessories.

From my experience with owning Metal Build and Metal Composite figures and seeing reviews of the Chogokin line, the MB/MC ones are of higher quality compared to the Chogokin line, especially when it comes to the sharpness of the molding. 

However, the quality of the Metal Composite line drastically improved with the Gundam Wing releases (I think it was even branded as Metal Composite x Metal Build in the beginning).

I think you made the right choice in going with the Strike Gundam. While I am not a fan of the design I think it is the best made Metal Build release so far (though the Hi Nu is pretty great too).

I think that I might be getting too old to build Gundams…..I just completed my kit if the 1/100 Full Mechanics Gundam Aerial, and the first thing I noticed is that my damn hands shake, and despite glasses, those little parts are almost too small to see.  I have given up on stickers/decals and leave that to my 15 year old son………sucks getting old!
When I got this Metal Build Strike Gundam, it was perfect! Didn’t really have to assemble it! Toughest thing was assembling the Launcher Striker accessory set and posing the big gun with the Strike Gundam holding it!  The Metal Builds I am seeing are around the same price as a Macross jet, so not too crazy! 
Twich

• 3 weeks later...

lol 😄 how much purple do you need on that thing?, it looks too exaggerated and I know they wanted to make stand out cause is 50th Anniversary but it just makes it look bad or unappealing well at least for me, Im even more happy now I have POd the CCSTOYS one. 

On 4/12/2024 at 10:47 PM, 68whiskey said:

https://tamashiiweb.com/item/14922/?wovn=en

ok whos got info on the 50th anni exclusive MB Eva 

So far the info is:

• 1st round - Club Tamashii members Ocean or higher, first come first serve, April 18th to April 20th
  • 1st round - Other Club Tamashii members, lottery for chance, April 22 to April 24
  • 2nd round - Club Tamashii members Ocean or higher,  first come first serve, May 10th to July 2nd (Not sure why this period is so much longer)
  • 2nd round - Other Club Tamashii members, lottery for chance, May 10th to May 24th

https://tamashiiweb.com/store/tokyo/event/detail/202405.html

Ocean = If you have purchased more than 250,000 yen of products from a Tamashii store within the past fiscal year (or something)

Edited by akai21