On 1/28/2023 at 7:22 PM, Scyla said:

Over at TFW they posted a translation of an interview at a Tamashii Nationa event in Korea on the topic of the Metal Build and Metal Structure lines:

https://www.passion4fun.com/tamashii-features-korea-2023-intervista-ai-planning-manager-delle-linee-metal-build-e-metal-structure/

Sadly the original translation of the interview was in Italian but someone posted a automated translation:

https://www-passion4fun-com.translate.goog/tamashii-features-korea-2023-intervista-ai-planning-manager-delle-linee-metal-build-e-metal-structure/?_x_tr_sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en

Lots of interesting tidbits in there about upcoming and current releases, well worth a read.

Presenter: When will the Metal Build line end?

Hiroshi Nagase: There will be no “final product”. Gundam will continue to be proposed and marketed, as long as you continue to love it we will continue investing our energies.

:wacko:

An interesting read. When it takes about 3 years for a new MB, it explains why there are so many rehashes of Strike, Exia, Astray etc. in the intervening years.

If MB is the equivalent to MG, then where does Metal Composite fit in? Would have been nice to know what they feel the difference is between MB and MC.

image.png.6496dad0da87492792f8d4109c8f4e2f.png

8 hours ago, lechuck said:

An interesting read. When it takes about 3 years for a new MB, it explains why there are so many rehashes of Strike, Exia, Astray etc. in the intervening years.

If MB is the equivalent to MG, then where does Metal Composite fit in? Would have been nice to know what they feel the difference is between MB and MC.

image.png.6496dad0da87492792f8d4109c8f4e2f.png

Probably the HiRM (Hi-Resolution Model)?

Also, don't forget some Gundams (RX-78F00, RX-93ff, Aerial, Freedom ver.GCP) from their regular Chogokin line.

9 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Probably the HiRM (Hi-Resolution Model)?

Also, don't forget some Gundams (RX-78F00, RX-93ff, Aerial, Freedom ver.GCP) from their regular Chogokin line.

The Chogokin one's feel more like the HiRM equivalents. if Metal Build = Master Grade; then Metal Composite = Master Grade Ver. Ka in my opinion. They're in the same product tier, but the design language is different.

:edit:

and Metal Robot Damashii would be Real Grade in this analogy.

Edited by anime52k8
to add

Picked up my first Sazabi today, it is now sitting in the office waiting for a good time for me to contraband it home.  Was chatting with the store owner on upcoming stuff; apparently the re-release of metal structure Nu Gundam will be a bundle package with the fin funnels, and along side it a significant price increase.  The re-release Nu will also have new markings different than the original.  The sad news is that the standalone fin funnel package re-release is nowhere on the horizon, all production runs of the fin funnels in the factories now are going into the bundle package. 

IMG_2738.jpg

On 2/11/2023 at 8:00 AM, FAZZ888 said:

Picked up my first Sazabi today, it is now sitting in the office waiting for a good time for me to contraband it home.  Was chatting with the store owner on upcoming stuff; apparently the re-release of metal structure Nu Gundam will be a bundle package with the fin funnels, and along side it a significant price increase.  The re-release Nu will also have new markings different than the original.  The sad news is that the standalone fin funnel package re-release is nowhere on the horizon, all production runs of the fin funnels in the factories now are going into the bundle package. 

IMG_2738.jpg

We'll there's always the 3rd party funnel set. I might get one to to put on the display stand behind the Nu, as I was lucky enough to snag one Bandai set. 

Also, good luck sneaking that thing home, it's the size of a small TV lol. Let us know if you survive. 

On 2/10/2023 at 4:17 AM, no3Ljm said:

I'm sure they honor it. But you also have to understand if they don't fulfill your order as per their 'Restocking' note. Atleast, they will not charge your card until the item comes in stock. :good: 

We'll I guess that gives me time to think about if I really want it that much lol. EE is slow but they've always delivered, I've purchased a bunch from them the past couple of years. It was just surprising to see their PO pop up suddenly. 

On 2/13/2023 at 9:29 AM, chingu77 said:

Anybody here have trouble with pvt warehouse shipment at hobby genki?  I believe there asking me to cancel/refund my Devise Exia order -5%.. I don't think it's lack of inventory since their still selling onsite currently. 

HB.PNG

I'm not sure how Hobby Genki Private Warehouse works. But based on what you posted, maybe some miscommunication or misunderstanding happened between the dates of 02/12 and 02/13?

The way I understand how Private Warehouse works (for example HLJ's), is that you put all of your available items (basically by checking the checkboxes of the items) to get a shipping estimate. Is that how Hobby Genki works as well or you have to inform them thru chat/messages/email manually?

11 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

I'm not sure how Hobby Genki Private Warehouse works. But based on what you posted, maybe some miscommunication or misunderstanding happened between the dates of 02/12 and 02/13?

The way I understand how Private Warehouse works (for example HLJ's), is that you put all of your available items (basically by checking the checkboxes of the items) to get a shipping estimate. Is that how Hobby Genki works as well or you have to inform them thru chat/messages/email manually?

this is my first time using pvt warehouse with hobby genki, its not very clear... each individual invoice uses a drop down menu messaging system to make requests for that item(s) specifically. I sent a msg (2/8) last week for combined ship through another item (MZXHTJTFK) as you can see in the attached, there was no response so I copy paste the same msg individaully for the remaining warehouse items IVKCJTRUW, MVEQQZENR, GDZLPWJPB.

hb.PNG.1643c0b767caab31a8c8b57076b899b2.PNG

4 hours ago, chingu77 said:

this is my first time using pvt warehouse with hobby genki, its not very clear... each individual invoice uses a drop down menu messaging system to make requests for that item(s) specifically. I sent a msg (2/8) last week for combined ship through another item (MZXHTJTFK) as you can see in the attached, there was no response so I copy paste the same msg individaully for the remaining warehouse items IVKCJTRUW, MVEQQZENR, GDZLPWJPB.

Thanks for sharing. I have a feeling that it's a case of confusion between orders. In this last post you shared it's mostly straight-forward. No issues whatsoever. Maybe the worker got confused between messages or requests? I assumed the last message was making shipping quotes on all of the items, correct? So hopefully it gets sorted out soon. Good luck. :good:

18 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Thanks for sharing. I have a feeling that it's a case of confusion between orders. In this last post you shared it's mostly straight-forward. No issues whatsoever. Maybe the worker got confused between messages or requests? I assumed the last message was making shipping quotes on all of the items, correct? So hopefully it gets sorted out soon. Good luck. :good:

Thanks, yeah I think there was confusion.. they didn't respond after a week and the first message I received was about a cancellation.. 😅

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Metal Build Gundam Astray Gold Frame (Alternative Strike Ver.)
August 2023 Release
February 20, 2023 4pm JST Preorder Starts
Y26400
Tamashii Web Exclusive / P-Bandai

Very nice. Where is the Providence Gundam???

5 hours ago, Scyla said:

Very nice. Where is the Providence Gundam???

Looks like it's going to be in awhile. They still have bunches of Strikes that needs dressing up. Bottom silhouette is probably going to be the Divine Striker Pack. <_<

image.jpeg.9ba2bf3f95add5f72f84814bc42101e6.jpeg

Nevertheless, I'm just glad Bandai made me save some moolah this time around. :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Looks like it's going to be in awhile. They still have bunches of Strikes that needs dressing up. Bottom silhouette is probably going to be the Divine Striker Pack. <_<

Nevertheless, I'm just glad Bandai made me save some moolah this time around. :rolleyes:

Yeah these are all passes for me too. Hope they release Strike Noir as a regular or P-Bandai soon. Saw it in person and it looks great, but I'm not paying the upsell price for the exclusive. 

42 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

How many Striker packs ARE there? Did these all exist beforehand, or were they just made up specifically for X kit or Y Metal Build?

I lost count to be honest. Before I only know what was featured in the series, movies, and the MSV. Aile, Launcher, Sword, Perfect, Gunbarrel, IWSP, Ootori, and Lightning.

From what I gather, some pack was designed for other Strike variants such as the Noir and Astrays. In which I believe, Bandai is trying to integrate it to the main Strike itself for Metal Build due to the fact that it's the same 'in-universe' mecha design and modification. For example, the Divine Striker pack was originally designed for Testament Gundam. And now, Bandai is going to release it as part of the 'Alternative Strike Ver', that way, it can be mounted to any Strike variant figure. I guess, the latest packs kind of built or planned in that regard.

Question now is...

ZYX9IYs.gif

On 2/13/2023 at 8:46 AM, leeboo1211 said:

We'll I guess that gives me time to think about if I really want it that much lol. EE is slow but they've always delivered, I've purchased a bunch from them the past couple of years. It was just surprising to see their PO pop up suddenly. 

Welp, EE just emailed to say they cancelled my Metal Structure Sazabi PO. It was worth a shot. 

Unfortunately, we're sorry to report that the manufacturer has notified us that we will not be receiving any additional shipments of the Mobile Suit Gundam Char's Counterattack MSN-04 Sazabi Figure (Item BLFBAS61361) you ordered, because they have discontinued production of this item. No additional information was provided to us by the manufacturer as to why this occurred. Sadly, that means we will not be able to ship it to you and have cancelled it from your order. We apologize for any inconvenience this causes.

It's a bit hard to distinguish but there appears to have been quite a bit of the armor on the gold frame tweaked (at least in comparison to the original MB Red Frame with the flight pack I have.) I'm not sure if this is just bits they've changed as they kept re-releasing the design or if it is new to this release. Knees, shoulder, feet, thighs, front skirts... 

Edited by Rock

On 2/11/2023 at 8:00 AM, FAZZ888 said:

IMG_2738.jpg

I kinda doubt that cuz Bandai usually just re-issue without changing anything if they say “re-issue”.

30 minutes ago, Duymon said:

If any of you still need Metal Build Eva weapon packs they're 40% off at BBTS

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/167024

thats a link for some kind of Phantasy Star thing 

Is this the set you were referring to?

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/186592

7 hours ago, Rock said:

It's a bit hard to distinguish but there appears to have been quite a bit of the armor on the gold frame tweaked (at least in comparison to the original MB Red Frame with the flight pack I have.) I'm not sure if this is just bits they've changed as they kept re-releasing the design or if it is new to this release. Knees, shoulder, feet, thighs, front skirts... 

It's the new mold also used for the Red Dragon.

"Raven Claw" mode aka Batwing. :spiteful:

G.F.F.M.C. DEATHSCYTHE HELL Gundam (EW)
July 2023 Release
February 27, 2023  4pm JST Preorder Starts
Y33000
Tamashii Web Exclusive / P-Bandai Release

image.jpeg.b23dae01d484cddb7f20510c1362cbc7.jpeg

Edited by no3Ljm

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

"Raven Claw" mode aka Batwing. :spiteful:

G.F.F.M.C. DEATHSCYTHE HELL Gundam (EW)
July 2023 Release
February 27, 2023  4pm JST Preorder Starts
Y33000
Tamashii Web Exclusive / P-Bandai Release

image.jpeg.b23dae01d484cddb7f20510c1362cbc7.jpeg

But I just ordered the MB Gold Frame yesterday. Doesn’t Bandai know that my pockets aren’t infinitely deep?

Edited by Scyla