Over at TFW they posted a translation of an interview at a Tamashii Nationa event in Korea on the topic of the Metal Build and Metal Structure lines:

https://www.passion4fun.com/tamashii-features-korea-2023-intervista-ai-planning-manager-delle-linee-metal-build-e-metal-structure/

Sadly the original translation of the interview was in Italian but someone posted a automated translation:

https://www-passion4fun-com.translate.goog/tamashii-features-korea-2023-intervista-ai-planning-manager-delle-linee-metal-build-e-metal-structure/?_x_tr_sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en

Lots of interesting tidbits in there about upcoming and current releases, well worth a read.

Presenter: When will the Metal Build line end?

Hiroshi Nagase: There will be no “final product”. Gundam will continue to be proposed and marketed, as long as you continue to love it we will continue investing our energies.

:wacko:

Edited by Scyla

3 minutes ago, Scyla said:

Over at TFW they posted a translation of an interview at a Tamashii Nationa event in Korea on the topic of the Metal Build and Metal Structure lines:

https://www.passion4fun.com/tamashii-features-korea-2023-intervista-ai-planning-manager-delle-linee-metal-build-e-metal-structure/

Sadly the original translation of the interview was in Italian but someone posted a automated translation:

https://www-passion4fun-com.translate.goog/tamashii-features-korea-2023-intervista-ai-planning-manager-delle-linee-metal-build-e-metal-structure/?_x_tr_sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en

Lots of interesting tidbits in there about upcoming and current releases, well worth a read.

[quote]
Presenter: When will the Metal Build line end?

Hiroshi Nagase: There will be no “final product”. Gundam will continue to be proposed and marketed, as long as you continue to love it we will continue investing our energies.

[/quote]

:wacko:

Guess my Wallet will never know peace then...

After a few rough months, I'm so thankful to be back  on this line with the Crossbones X-3 and the Hi-Nu, wich IMHO is the best Metal Build figure so far

CSC00068.JPG

CSC00121.JPG

Preorder link to amiami for the Metal Build Change Getter Robo 1: https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail?gcode=FIGURE-150453

On sale 02/03/23 11:00 JST

Available for preorder at anime export: https://www.anime-export.com/index.php?product=64653

[edit:] Sold out now.

Edited by Scyla

Just now, anime52k8 said:

I really hope that's a retailer and those are going to customers but I realize reality is often disappointing.

Its my long time shop that i buy all my imports. 

And those all were sold at the official USA retail pricing.  No mark-up.

11 minutes ago, anime52k8 said:

I really hope that's a retailer and those are going to customers but I realize reality is often disappointing.

That’s Brandon of Supreme Collector and yes, all of those Sazabi’s are going to someone. Good guy. I’ve purchased from him as well with no issues. 

2 hours ago, Rock said:

So we get the Lightning Strike E/Noir Alternative Ver. pack but not the Strike Noir itself? WTF
https://p-bandai.com/us/item/N2656307001001

In case you missed it, Metal Build Strike Noir was sold exclusively on the site during last year’s Tamashii Nation Event. Anime-Export got a hold of a few but got sold out immediately. The only place to get it for now is thru Mandarake or Yahoo Japan Auction. Or you can wait until Bandai decided to re-release it. 

I absolutely hate that such a significant remolding such as Strike Noir is a TME exclusive... I may be wrong but I thought usually only simple recolors or accessories were limited in this manner.

On another note, I've finally posted some photos of the spare Metal Build X0 Full Cloth and Red Dragonics accessories I have for sale.  I also have a MIB original MB Gold Frame Amatsu Mina.  Prices are absolutely negotiable so if anyone is interested, please message me!

https://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/topic/50555-fs-bandai-metal-build-figures-and-accessories/

I’m confused why the Strike Gundam is getting so many different releases. Three variants of the original Suit and two releases of the Strike Rouge. 
Yet we have no powered down version and we only ever have two variants of the Strike Freedom. And the Strike Freedom is, to my knowledge, the more popular one.

Very odd.

Edited by Scyla

7 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

In case you missed it, Metal Build Strike Noir was sold exclusively on the site during last year’s Tamashii Nation Event. Anime-Export got a hold of a few but got sold out immediately. The only place to get it for now is thru Mandarake or Yahoo Japan Auction. Or you can wait until Bandai decided to re-release it. 

There 's yet to been one pop up on Mandarake I'm weekly checking for a deal on the IWSP pack. I don't keep a pulse on YJA anymore that my preferred deputy service retired. I'm aware. I think we all assumed that we would get a regular, non-alternative release without having to import it after the initial event limited release.

16 hours ago, Rock said:

There 's yet to been one pop up on Mandarake I'm weekly checking for a deal on the IWSP pack. I don't keep a pulse on YJA anymore that my preferred deputy service retired. I'm aware. I think we all assumed that we would get a regular, non-alternative release without having to import it after the initial event limited release.

The previous listings that I saw over Mandarake were sold between Y40000-45000. Yeah, let's hope they're going to reissue this for those who wants it at retail price.

Edited by no3Ljm

13 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

The previous listings that I saw over Mandarake were sold between Y40000-45000. Yeah, let's hope they're going to reissue this for those who wants it at retail price.

Hopefully, the aftermarket depreciates a bit once more Strike Noir are released on June 2023. The current ones available on online shops are from the Tamashii event. Then there's the after event sale that was made available through P-Bandai and scheduled to be release on June 2023.

2 hours ago, max928 said:

anyone with the metal structure sazabi in hand:

can you measure the width and length/depth of the black base that the figure stands on?  trying to see if it would fit in my case...

thanks in advance!

Depending on how you have it set up it can be 22-24in depth / 23-25 width /21-24in height. I say this because I measured it at its widest with the add on pieces/arms. Without them it can save about 1-1.5inchest on the front or back. Another factor is that massive shield is in the back corner. If you display the shield on Sazabi you might save more room . I’ll add some photos measured at the farthest distances.  My Sazabi is display in a semi-maintenance mode so it can actually be 2-3 more inches in height if I eliminated the squat pose 

D541EF89-2540-44E5-876F-B57CDF4DD714.jpeg

3070B789-60BE-4194-B111-2CA6CDF150DC.jpeg

4036F478-0DB5-4B20-9E36-1BAC2FDC5D04.jpeg

378F902E-53E0-4BFB-A960-CCFDABB832F7.jpeg

1 hour ago, 68whiskey said:

Depending on how you have it set up it can be 22-24in depth / 23-25 width /21-24in height. I say this because I measured it at its widest with the add on pieces/arms. Without them it can save about 1-1.5inchest on the front or back. Another factor is that massive shield is in the back corner. If you display the shield on Sazabi you might save more room . I’ll add some photos measured at the farthest distances.  My Sazabi is display in a semi-maintenance mode so it can actually be 2-3 more inches in height if I eliminated the squat pose 

D541EF89-2540-44E5-876F-B57CDF4DD714.jpeg

3070B789-60BE-4194-B111-2CA6CDF150DC.jpeg

4036F478-0DB5-4B20-9E36-1BAC2FDC5D04.jpeg

378F902E-53E0-4BFB-A960-CCFDABB832F7.jpeg

Awesome 👍

6 hours ago, leeboo1211 said:

I wonder if they can really honor? Unless they have a big batch coming in. 

I'm sure they honor it. But you also have to understand if they don't fulfill your order as per their 'Restocking' note. Atleast, they will not charge your card until the item comes in stock. :good: 

metalcomposite_entertainmentearth_sazabi.jpg.5f74cbb41f4e867e4339b1382eeb43ba.jpg