Is there a popular forum like macross world for gundam were maybe they want to make a mark up but they dont want to pay ebay and yahoo fees and we can buy directly from someone who ones one. 

I get it you want to make a profit but brother ain't  nobody going to give you 4 to 5 grand especially in today's economy. Nobody will buy anything if they feel like they are getting taken.

We are collectors we understand things increase in value over time and so as it becomes more rare and popular it raises in value and we if we decide to sell it we try to price it at a fair price that will sell and not be outrageous.  

But they are doing including okiniland and these other sellers are trying to scalp us and none of are about to get taken.

They either make me a reasonable offer or hot toys can take my money.

I personally think it's a  beautiful brick that lacks any articulation.  What I wanted and would have loved was a metal build of nu gundam and the sazabi but we got this in stead so here we are

Edited by moose
Update

1 hour ago, moose said:

Is there a popular forum like macross world for gundam were maybe they want to make a mark up but they dont want to pay ebay and yahoo fees and we can buy directly from someone who ones one. 

Unfortunately I'm pretty sure most of the dedicated forums have died off. The closest thing now is r/Gunpla, though obviously it doesn't cater specifically to the figure collection side of things.

1 hour ago, Chunky001 said:

There are plenty of people that can and will pay $3000-4000 for one of these.

Look at the state of the car market. People are paying missive dealer markups on GT500's, Z06's, Raptor R's, Porsche 911 GT3's, Bronco's, etc, etc, etc. The 911's sell for $100K over retail all day long. There is always going to be someone with enough money.

I don't know about you but when I sell a toy I research the average "street value" and start there. If street value is outrageous (everyone's definition of that word will be different), I guess I sell it for an outrageous amount.;) Market value is market value. Selling it for less would be stupid.

They will sell every unit they have. 

Money is  no object for some people but I dont think the toy collectable market is on par with exotic cars .In the end it's all subjective to what you value. I recall rolexes were selling out during pandemic because of they were using them as a store of value and now prices have dropped to what they were before covid 

Hey more power to you can sell it at an outrageous amount of I see a metal sazabi for 7,000 on ebay dude thinks he can flip it for that the go for it .  Average price is between 3000 and 4000 and he has got 4 units for sale and who here wants to promote scalpers,  nobody. 

I guess what is upsetting me is Bandi in general this thing is popular and they tease it for years and when they offer it

for sale they make less them they did of the nu gundam there buy creating a shortage . That means for those who got the nu gundam they cant get its mate the sazabi. 

Okini land did like what other stores did offrerd 2 for sale at retail and held back their order to sell at markup. They might have not offer any at all and just try flip them. 

I mean this only happens with bandi Arcadia makes stuff it does  ot sell ok unlike this all that other stuff that bandi teased yf 21 , yf 19, sdf tv version we will never get it because the same thing will happen 

Edited by moose
Update

19 minutes ago, Chunky001 said:

I think you would be suppressed how many toy collectors can afford $2000-3000 toys. What I don't think you see is them interacting on social media much so it seems like they're not out there. I think you would be surprised how many GT500, Z06, etc buyers also have toys. In a lot of ways they fill the same "hole".

Playing Devil's advocate here...

Bandai is doing exactly what they need to do from a business standpoint. They have super high demand for their products. Who are we to say that they're "doing it wrong"? They're the third largest toy company in the world. Seems like they have it figured out.

Taking off my Devil hat....

Yeah, I think it's a bunch of crap the way Bandai does their stuff. They're not really doing anything to dissuade scalpers. And they could. In the case of the Sazabi they should have produced at least as many as they did the NU (at 3000 pieces they may not have been able to though). And it really would have built some customer loyalty to offer them up to people that have the NU first. And only after all of those people were satisfied put them on general sale. From a customer satisfaction standpoint Bandai is actually quite horrible. Stupid PO's, very limited quantities, no protection against scalpers, they don't seem capable of finishing a line of anything, etc, etc, etc. If they changed all of that stuff maybe they could battle for the number one toy company spot.

Yeah from a business stand point I get it but this reminds me of the whole hot toys exclusive that were sold at toy fairs . They would show pics of grammas waiting inline to get this stuff for the scalpers later flip it online. Hot toys changed what they offer as exclusives and the issue went away.

Yeah why have some customer loyalty program buybdireclty from them through bandi drop a big deposit who cares reserve you figure only make what people preorder direty from them. I have the nu gundam it's my favorite gundam and bought that at retail it was available in 3 stores relatively  easy and now I am considering sell it since I can't match it up with it mate unless I shell out 4,000.

And speaking of not finishing a product line were is my tv kenzaki I want to finish my squad. They are a joke . I am about fed up with staying up to 3 am on preorder days and get nothing . Never had to deal with this crap when yamato and Arcadia made stuff now we will never be able to get anything here in the us unless it a p bandi stuff. Even thrbnu gundam was sold on p bandi here in the us and I emailed them will you offer the sazabi they said they did not know and now we have to deal with scalpers. Time to find a new hobby

Edited by moose
Update

Saw this posted in another forum, Sazabi currently at USD $2391:  https://snkrdunk.com/en/streetwears/96230 (price fluctuates as it's a trading/seller marketplace)

Site looks legit as per sneakers / shoe community. Did a test checkout and shipping to the US is just $25. Site / App is supposedly for sneakers/shoe trading/marketplace and the $25 rate makes sense., but for Sazabi they'll incur a big loss unless they have a great contract with a shipping company.  So even if legit, I'm wondering how the transaction will go due to shipping. But if everything works out, this might be the cheapest with shipping out there right now.

As per the site's transaction flow they act as an escrow, which means that they wait for the item to be received in their warehouse and be verfified/authenticated before releasing the payment to the seller.  Also have Paypal for payment, so you can fail back to that if there are any issues

Edited by pafy6285

57 minutes ago, Armval said:

Looks like this is the best deal currently. It's now or never. Take a gamble, and pay using PayPal in case worst to come.

Dont know man I sae that link 4 hours ago not sure sounds iffy to me. How would they know if they are getting a complete item

58 minutes ago, Chunky001 said:

I hear you there. The Sazabi is my last big thing. And I'm pretty much out of room anyway. I may substitute some stuff in my collection if better stuff comes out. But for the most part I'm done. I haven't gotten any Macross stuff in a quite a while.

And I just got a GT500 which is sucking up a ton of money for modifications. Different toy hobby.:p

Yeah they are treating us like crap so it my might be time to end this we never had to go through with this when yamato was making stuff, 

On 12/31/2022 at 3:58 PM, moose said:

Yeah they are treating us like crap so it my might be time to end this we never had to go through with this when yamato was making stuff, 

I feel the exact same way you do. The S*** quality of the new 31 series valks and the lack luster designs on the new metal builds , well that was pushing me to th edge. Then they pulled ath BS with limited sales on the Sazabi and it was enough to possibly push me over the edge and away from bandai collecting. Im fine with KO gundams consdering they are less than what bandai asks.  After the Armored Parts for Mirage and the Deathscythe releases , thats when im going to call it until bandai fixes themselves. 

Then insult to injury is when you cant get the Sazabi main body anywhere without gettinh raped and here they are dropping the expansion parts on the 10th. 

*anger intensifies*

i might start selling my doubles/triples here in the future if Bandai keeps going this way

15 hours ago, 68whiskey said:

thats when im going to call it until bandai fixes themselves. 

There is a meme in Hong Kong digging at how Bandai's logo evolution accurately reflects their increasingly predatory practices, it goes something like "Bandai puts children above all else" -> "Bandai is in the heart of children" -> "Bandai doesn't keep children in their heart anymore"...

Bandai-Logo-history.png

Just received my Sazabi from SNKRDUNK, so they're legit. They have the lowest after market price at the time, and seems to be backed by some big companies/investors, so took the risk. If the transaction went awry, can just dispute it with Paypal. Total of USD $2383 and $45 for shipping to Canada. Shipped through Fedex, ordered Sunday and delivered today. The top flaps of the actual Sazabi package has been opened, and I would assume that's part of their authentication/verification process, but the seals on the sides are still secured so the box can't be opened completely. It only allows to at least see what's inside. The two smaller boxes inside are secured/sealed, and doing a quick visual check, contents seems to be in order.  Sazabi seems to be still available in their site but price seems to have already increased by a hundred or so.

P.S. Package is quite heavy. Tried to carry it thru the box's plastic handle but it snapped, lol

sazabi_brown_box.jpg.b0ac6048801419961a25cf44c2bc8e03.jpg

PXL_20230105_231718200.jpg.c999f631cf362199875266b5416a4ad9.jpg

PXL_20230105_232102228.jpg.bf652d0fd542bad4d95a1428053d7686.jpg

Edited by pafy6285

22 minutes ago, FAZZ888 said:

I had a nightmare the other night where the metal structure nu gundam re-issue isn't actually the original but the recolored Fukuoka version ...

Is it also equipped with the Long Range Fin Funnel? Or it's a part of an add-on set? :rolleyes:

10 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

image.jpeg.5eae3ea4ce5ad7cc449bc4a5a9239b22.jpeg

Too late Bandai , CCS and a bunch of others already beat you to the punch on this. 

On 1/19/2023 at 9:35 PM, de_005 said:

Shipped directly from Japan by air, I presume?  What did shipping run you?

Size comparison between both MS builds. I was charged $504 or something around there and FedEx made sure to beat down the box

FA63005A-EAA8-47A9-BB48-D618982AB011.jpeg

3 hours ago, lechuck said:

https://hobby.dengeki.com/news/1812752/

I can't tell if there is Gundam in that image or not? 😄

FnJvDU5aUAEh5xB.jpeg.jpg.4cf610cb8a9f416d8bac6d73b62c6afd.jpg

It looks like the Lightning Pack that was released twice in 2021. Probably an upgrade to fit Strike Noir. Thanks Bandai. Money saved. :rolleyes:

I'll just await for the Alternative Perfect Strike backpack since that's what I need. ;) 

Edited by no3Ljm

Would anyone in this forum be interested in extra accessories from the Metal Build Red Dragonics or X0 Full Cloth releases?  I mentioned this in another forum but PBandai screwed up my replacements and ghosted me for nearly 2 months, so I'm just trying to recoup some costs at this point - I did finally get my X0 FC replacement but never did for Red Dragonics.  Either way, I got stuck with the box and all accessories for both sets since they only had me send over the defective figure.  

I figured the Red Dragonics accessories may be interesting to some since they are compatible with a whole host of SEED figures including the earlier releases of MB Red Frame.  I can provide pictures if desired; I might sell some other MBs as well such as the original Amatsu Mina Gold Frame.  I don't have enough space for all these SEED figures with their bulky backpacks :)

1 hour ago, bakerjin said:

Would anyone in this forum be interested in extra accessories from the Metal Build Red Dragonics or X0 Full Cloth releases?  I mentioned this in another forum but PBandai screwed up my replacements and ghosted me for nearly 2 months, so I'm just trying to recoup some costs at this point - I did finally get my X0 FC replacement but never did for Red Dragonics.  Either way, I got stuck with the box and all accessories for both sets since they only had me send over the defective figure.  

I figured the Red Dragonics accessories may be interesting to some since they are compatible with a whole host of SEED figures including the earlier releases of MB Red Frame.  I can provide pictures if desired; I might sell some other MBs as well such as the original Amatsu Mina Gold Frame.  I don't have enough space for all these SEED figures with their bulky backpacks :)

Will you be willing to ship to Mexico?