19 minutes ago, General Rasp said:

Are the wings able to support there own weight? With the metal robot spirits version the wing joints weren't strong enough and would flop around. 

They are strong enough, but stand connection is stupid. It connects to the tail of it but main body is heavier so it will keep falling off.

Hi guys! Anyone getting the same response from Hobbygenki? - I was asking about an update on Sentinel R-Gun and Metal Build Guren Stein

No rush - however they could've sent an email or on there social media notifying everyone that there is a delayed on shipments due to moving warehouse

From end of october to november 11th, we are moving our warehouse
During this time, we apologize for the delay in shipment and customer service.
We will be able to answer your inquiry from 11th November
We apologize for the inconvinience and thank you in advance for your understanding
Best regards

On 11/9/2022 at 6:11 PM, tjdetweiler said:
Hi guys! Anyone getting the same response from Hobbygenki? - I was asking about an update on Sentinel R-Gun and Metal Build Guren Stein

No rush - however they could've sent an email or on there social media notifying everyone that there is a delayed on shipments due to moving warehouse

From end of october to november 11th, we are moving our warehouse
During this time, we apologize for the delay in shipment and customer service.
We will be able to answer your inquiry from 11th November
We apologize for the inconvinience and thank you in advance for your understanding
Best regards

Yes, I got an email from them on November 2nd saying they were moving warehouses and asking for patience.

8 hours ago, recon said:

Some pics i took yesterday

Nice recon, recon!

You wouldn't happen to be going there next friday/weekend would you?

There is supposed to be a whole floor dedicated to macross, if am not mistaken due to the TN2022 year end expo... 

Be nice if anyone would get some spy pics, noting that usual no photograph allowed signage...

Edited by seti88

3 hours ago, seti88 said:

Nice recon, recon!

You wouldn't happen to be going there next friday/weekend would you?

There is supposed to be a whole floor dedicated to macross, if am not mistaken due to the TN2022 year end expo... 

Be nice if anyone would get some spy pics, noting that usual no photograph allowed signage...

Nope. Am here for a week holiday in japan and tokyo was my last stop before heading back tomorrow. Wanted to get the strike noir but was told its release would be decided by lucky draw on the 15th Nov

Woot!

"<Estimated Shipping Begin Date: Nov. 29, 2022(Tue.)>
After your order is shipped out, you will receive [PREMIUM BANDAI] Shipment Completion Notification email. Please check the email for details.
・METAL ROBOT SPIRITS <SIDE MS>GUNDAM DEATHSCYTHE HELL"

Dengeki Hoppy coverage of the Tamashii Nations 2022 event: https://hobby.dengeki.com/event/1740962/

Not really anything that excites me a lot. The Deathscythe but it is too warm in color to what it looks in my mind.

image.jpeg.a27b94badd27b95ddb12fe2ba3a81399.jpeg

The rest of the Metal Build we had already seen before. I’m excited for the Providence Gundam.

image.jpeg.be56be8165b1655d1b4328933f9dac8a.jpeg

Glad this is not dead, but uff, it is massive:

IMG_8328_35A3LIvsppQshBRwfPx-vFxfzxGl9vH

More flyers to equip Strike Gundam reissues with:

IMG_8293_yNcu-ICmomoqOi6ll1aodNfqSQCr4Lk

IMG_8297_MbPnI_EgpEbTFk7DDA42MBUz_Tp2hsS

Edited by Scyla

59 minutes ago, Chunky001 said:

@no3Ljm it looks like you're going to have to add DX to the thread title.;)

I wonder if it's going to be 1/60/PG size? I'm guessing yes. The other DX stuff is.

316041092_5587582138021392_4866452346233693563_n.jpg.93d30f308d0524b469d79ec0a78eada4.jpg

315437301_5587582188021387_1069359735187921820_n.jpg.0f92138fdad9cf3de586210af4b85658.jpg

314693540_5587582158021390_591542778580506616_n.jpg.6e40d337a6e2060a2cc3e4c83b1907fc.jpg

314943865_5587582298021376_922068152333321521_n.jpg.dfeda37d6b4279bac5f69d16b53c27d0.jpg

Why is this not a Metal Structure RX78-2? Why introduce another line Bandai??? :vava:

8 minutes ago, Chunky001 said:

Well, it's not another line. They already have a DX Great Mazinger, Mazinger Z, Voltes V and Combattler (they're about PG size). But, I agree, why not make it a Metal Structure? It's probably going to cost $700 anyway.

I would have preferred one of the classic Super Robots as the next DX release. A Grendy or Getter.

Interesting. I’m not following the other "robot" lines that closely. I group all those into the Soul of Chogokin line anyway.

2 hours ago, Chunky001 said:

@no3Ljm it looks like you're going to have to add DX to the thread title.;)

I wonder if it's going to be 1/60/PG size? I'm guessing yes. The other DX stuff is.

316041092_5587582138021392_4866452346233693563_n.jpg.93d30f308d0524b469d79ec0a78eada4.jpg

314943865_5587582298021376_922068152333321521_n.jpg.dfeda37d6b4279bac5f69d16b53c27d0.jpg

We'll edit the title once we know that they're actually going to release it. If not, we can post this one-off DX figure in the General Gundam Figure thread. I have a feeling that this will not be in 1/60 scale. Probably 1/48 like the Mega Size kit that they did? What do you guys think?

11 minutes ago, crackpot said:

Something is off with that Deathscythe proportions. I've always seen it to be wider going to the bottom especially with the flared out wings and spikes on the feet but this seems wider at the upper body. I doesn't look good on that photo. 

Reference pic so people don't have to scroll up:

9 hours ago, Scyla said:

image.jpeg.a27b94badd27b95ddb12fe2ba3a81399.jpeg

Me, I think it's mostly the angle and the pose that make it seem like an inverted pyramid. The Metal Build flairs aside, it doesn't seem to deviate too much from the regular design.

That being said, I noticed they've added the "buster shields as side skirts" bit from the... manga?... and gave it a new buster shield design entirely, neither of which I'm too keen on. The whites on the forearm guards also appear to be hinged claws now similar to the shields, at least if I'm reading the image correctly. (Look at the underside of the right forearm guard, the separation line at the front tip and the rounded ends of the white parts surrounding black pegs further back up the arm.) I can't say with 100% certainty that it has a double-ended scythe, but it certainly looks like it. And the head of the scythe is closer in shape to the TV design than the more stylized EW one. The wings seem to have taken some cues from the MG and added even more points of articulation/expansion on top of that.

All in all, it honestly gives me the same vibes as a lot of third party kits/toys - trying a biiit too hard, being a biiit too edgy, but it's not bad. Hope it does it for those of you who were/are looking forward to it.

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

image.jpeg

IIRC the Aquarius Gundam was originally an SD Gundam design, right? I want to say it made its debut in one of the SD games, and the "non-chibi" design was extrapolated from there. Looks nice. Pulls off the peacock look in a way that doesn't bother me the way a lot of Gundam designs tend to do.

23 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Lol at the dober gun design. With every crack at the design they alter it more and more for articulation's sake, which... does it need it? I don't remember having too much trouble even with the old HG 1/100, and the main trouble points surely were dealt with by now...?

The backpack thrusters are also interesting. It seems they've abandoned the older design that the 90s kits and earlier RD releases used where the thrusters were mounted onto the backs of the shoulder pads, and instead mounted them onto dedicated arms that plug into the back, similar to the MG and RG kits.

And the side thigh skirts used to be connected only to the thighs, but they again seem to have mirrored the MG here and added a ball joint connection to the upper side skirt. Frankly, the MG design is stupid and doesn't add anything to the design, only makes it more complicated and cumbersome. At least here they smartly got rid of the connection to the thigh, so now it just functions as extra long, free-floating side skirts, which honestly doesn't look bad.

Was there a MRD Tallgeese 1? I don't remember there being one. Starting at II is certainly an odd decision...