2 hours ago, davidwhangchoi said:

oh man!!!! i'm in^_^ (i guess i need to rebuy exia though, i sold off my entire MB collection)

I have an exai repair 4 i got for parts. I stole the exposed metal arm and swords from it . Id probably send you the one armed exia at shipping cost if you want it. You can also get a KO exia for $130 shipped these days.

I really hope there is an add on later for Dynames to include the shield bits. I feel like their were a prominent part of his arsenall in the second half of 00 Raiser. I believe they were also used in Trailblazer awakened but dont quote me on that since I havent touched that movie since 2014

*** just to clarify , this is going to be a limited run = brown card board protector or is this going to be a base sale item?

Edited by 68whiskey

4 minutes ago, 68whiskey said:

I have an exai repair 4 i got for parts. I stole the exposed metal arm and swords from it . Id probably send you the one armed exia at shipping cost if you want it. You can also get a KO exia for $130 shipped these days.

Hey whiskey, appreciate looking out for me^_^. There’s alot of good guys on Macross World. 

I’m actually away from home and west coast for work and may not get back home for a while. Since I may be moving around it’ll be hard to carry stuff if you ship it to me. I should be good for now. Appreciate the offer and gesture:drinks:

hopefully, I’ll get home to my stuff in time for gn arms. 

i had a MB Justice ship out to me while travelling bc it was an old pre order i forgot to cancel and now i have to carry it around in my luggage everywhere ugh. Lol

3 hours ago, davidwhangchoi said:

oh man!!!! i'm in^_^ (i guess i need to rebuy exia though, i sold off my entire MB collection)

Nice! ;) Yes, you have to rebuy one soon. :good: 

1 hour ago, 68whiskey said:

I really hope there is an add on later for Dynames to include the shield bits. I feel like their were a prominent part of his arsenall in the second half of 00 Raiser. I believe they were also used in Trailblazer awakened but dont quote me on that since I havent touched that movie since 2014

*** just to clarify , this is going to be a limited run = brown card board protector or is this going to be a base sale item?

Yes, it’s TWE. so it will have the brown shipping box. ;) 

As for the shield bits. Dynames didn’t have it during the 1st Season. That was Cherudim in the 2nd Season. And Zabanya in the Trailblazer movie.

Finally got my MB Hi-Nu and it is massive. He has so much more mass and presence that I probably have to change my display so he is not dominating it. The suit even dwarfs the Strike Freedom that is currently sitting next to it.

Couple of thoughts: I don’t like how limited the head movement is. Maybe I’m overlooking some joint but with the high collar he can’t even look left and right properly. Attaching the Fin Funnels is a pain. I wonder what solution Bandai would implement for a MB Nu Gundam (can’t be the one for the MG Ver. Ka). I also don’t understand why the effect parts for the beam sabers don’t fit into the beam rifle or the gun in his forearm. The tolerances are just a tiny bit off.

Something has to be said about the general design of the Metal Build Hi-Nu. I was on the fence when it was first announced, derivating too much from the source material (and my beloved MG Ver. Ka kit). Having the piece in hand it is absolutely stunning. However there has to be said about the sculpt of the Ver. Ka. Katoki Hajime managed to marry the blocky, functional design of a war machine with the sleek roundness of a high performance Formula One car which makes it special. This is something that the Metal Build didn’t manage to capture.

Edited by Scyla

26 minutes ago, Scyla said:

Finally got my MB Hi-Nu and it is massive. He has so much more mass and presence that I probably have to change my display so he is not dominating it. The suit even dwarfs the Strike Freedom that is currently sitting next to it.

Couple of thoughts: I don’t like how limited the head movement is. Maybe I’m overlooking some joint but with the high collar he can’t even look left and right properly. Attaching the Fin Funnels is a pain. I wonder what solution Bandai would implement for a MB Nu Gundam (can’t be the one for the MG Ver. Ka). I also don’t understand why the effect parts for the beam sabers don’t fit into the beam rifle or the gun in his forearm. The tolerances are just a tiny bit off.

Something has to be said about the general design of the Metal Build Hi-Nu. I was on the fence when it was first announced, derivating too much from the source material (and my beloved MG Ver. Ka kit). Having the piece in hand it is absolutely stunning. However there has to be said about the sculpt of the Ver. Ka. Katoki Hajime managed to marry the blocky, functional design of a war machine with the sleek roundness of a high performance Formula One car which makes it special. This is something that the Metal Build didn’t manage to capture.

I had the same criticisms regarding the head articulation, but one of the reviewers I follow (Gundamholic TV) noticed that promo shots showed much more articulation than he thought possible.  The manual fails to mention that you can slightly lift up the head, after which it can barely clear the collar to look left and right.

23 minutes ago, Scyla said:

I completely agree with the MB Hi-Nu. Although after fiddling around with the first funnel I got the hang of the rest.

Yea this version does have some presence and it does lose the F1 sleek roundness appearance. The open hatch/expanding panels help with compensating the overly lean look, but yes the blocky look still dominates. This design has grown on me. It towers over my MB Astray Red Frame Alt Strike Ver by about 3cm.

14 minutes ago, bakerjin said:

I had the same criticisms regarding the head articulation, but one of the reviewers I follow (Gundamholic TV) noticed that promo shots showed much more articulation than he thought possible.  The manual fails to mention that you can slightly lift up the head, after which it can barely clear the collar to look left and right.

Screenshot_20221029-112917_Google.jpg.5588286cf7303b2bc194936d222f4cec.jpg

I thought this was the mention in the manual (albeit a very tiny one). Although I havent been able to successfully protract it.

Edited by PsYcHoDyNaMiX

3 minutes ago, PsYcHoDyNaMiX said:

I thought this was the mention in the manual.

Thanks, I had seen this but didn't think that it would help with horizontal articulation (I thought it was referring to tilting the head up and down), but you're right that I missed this.

15 minutes ago, bakerjin said:

Thanks, I had seen this but didn't think that it would help with horizontal articulation (I thought it was referring to tilting the head up and down), but you're right that I missed this.

I found out what the manual was referring to... the base of the head (top of the neck) that rear bottom flap can extend about 1-2mm in and out of the base of the head. Yea as far as extending the neck itself I haven't been able to successfully do so. I've already exerted a considerable amount of pulling force before stressing forces would affect the joints.

Edited by PsYcHoDyNaMiX

2 hours ago, bakerjin said:

1 hour ago, PsYcHoDyNaMiX said:

I thought this was the mention in the manual (albeit a very tiny one). Although I havent been able to successfully protract it.

Thanks, I will try that.

[edit:] Is there a way to will the old Tamashii Nations release calendar back into existence? After the redesign is seems unusable to me. Does Bandai not have enough money for a UI/UX designer? Also do Japanese smartphones scroll sideways for some reason?

https://sp.tamashii.jp/item_schedule/

:bad:

Edited by Scyla

4 hours ago, Scyla said:

4 hours ago, PsYcHoDyNaMiX said:

I completely agree with the MB Hi-Nu. Although after fiddling around with the first funnel I got the hang of the rest.

Yea this version does have some presence and it does lose the F1 sleek roundness appearance. The open hatch/expanding panels help with compensating the overly lean look, but yes the blocky look still dominates. This design has grown on me. It towers over my MB Astray Red Frame Alt Strike Ver by about 3cm.

It was the same for me, from all those preview images it just did not look right – especially the lower part of legs felt like it was wrongly proportioned – but once in hand any issues I had were gone. The design style has really grown on me and can appreciate it, in a way it feels like an in-between of MG Ver.Ka (Izubuchi's original design) and the first MG with the revised look that Izubuchi did on it.

2133957351_MGHi-NuGundam.jpg.d65ed9e47c9cde434b3d90086914ac44.jpg

2096372028_MGVer.KaHi-NuGundam.jpeg.f01db215ed68b984601ca350bdc9c405.jpeg

Also I just want to say that it feels so gratifying to have the Hi-Nu able stand with all the funnels attached and not toppling over or needing something to lean against.

Edited by lechuck

27 minutes ago, lechuck said:

It was the same for me, from all those preview images it just did not look right – especially the lower part of legs felt like it was wrongly proportioned – but once in hand any issues I had were gone. The design style has really grown on me and can appreciate it, in a way it feels like an in-between of MG Ver.Ka (Izubuchi's original design) and the first MG with the revised look that Izubuchi did on it.

Also I just want to say that it feels so gratifying to have the Hi-Nu able stand with all the funnels attached and not toppling over or needing something to lean against.

That's pmuch the same thing I said about a week ago! XD

I'll have to adjust the forward lean on mine to get it to stand upright, but atm I do have the backpack and funnels aimed backward instead of fanned out to the sides causing it to be extra back heavy.

Edited by PsYcHoDyNaMiX

41 minutes ago, Scyla said:

No Dynames preorder on anime-export yet. Luna Park seems to have opened up but it is a ¥9000 markup. 

Preorder is 10/31/22 right?

Isnt it supposed to be a P Bandai thing as its a limited edition? or P bandai for the first few days or something?

17 minutes ago, 68whiskey said:

Isnt it supposed to be a P Bandai thing as its a limited edition? or P bandai for the first few days or something?

You are right. Usually AE is pretty good with putting the preorders up. So I hoped I could be done with it today. :p

6 hours ago, F360 said:

It’s also up for preorder on p-Bandai site USA  .

https://p-bandai.com/us/item/N2606408001001

I get that they are hedging on the exchange rate, but 270 USD seems a bit high for pretax price of 26000 yen which is 175 USD. Could probably get it off Mandarake and ship it for less and earlier too. 

1 hour ago, leeboo1211 said:

I get that they are hedging on the exchange rate, but 270 USD seems a bit high for pretax price of 26000 yen which is 175 USD. Could probably get it off Mandarake and ship it for less and earlier too. 

There's no pretax price for P-Bandai TWE items.   All of them are direct from p-bandai so everyone pays tax.   Any store that is selling them besides p-Bandai will need to pay tax since they are also preordering them from P-Bandai.    There is also a local domestics shipping charge when ordering from P-Bandai.  

Edited by F360

On 10/29/2022 at 9:43 PM, lechuck said:

I just noticed that, with the Metal Build Hi-Ni Gundam in hand, the Hyper Mega Bazooka Launcher will be ginormous. Not as big as the 150 Gerbera Straight but still massive:

image.jpeg.7b1b5e293da1ee5c4396f30d16d18b62.jpeg

2 hours ago, leeboo1211 said:

It's a TWE/P-Bandai exclusive so it's best you get it now instead of getting it from Mandarake later on. We never know what's the price is going to be after release. If you find P-Bandai US price is too high, you can get it from Anime-Export for Y31800/US$214. And worry about the grand total with the shipping cost later on. Atleast that way, you already secured a copy. ;) Whereas with Mandarake, you're playing it by chance. :rolleyes:

Metal Robot Damashii NU GUNDAM Double Fin Funnel Equipped Type
May 2023 Release
November 1, 2022 Preorder Starts
Tamashii Web Exclusive / P-Bandai

https://p-bandai.com/us/item/N2656368001001 - US$165

https://p-bandai.jp/item/item-1000180873/ - Y15000/Y17050

*Looks like it only has 6 Funnels instead of 12. I wonder if they're going to release add-on/optional parts to make it look like the regular Nu and to equip 12 Funnels. HWS Option Parts is cool too. :rolleyes:

IMG_3506.JPG

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by no3Ljm

I just noticed the Nu body on the Double Fin Funnel is not the same as what was displayed on their Tamashii Store. Now I wonder if they're going to release the original design down the line. Don't want to double dip on this. I rather have option parts for its configuration than have multiples. Hmmm.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

On 11/1/2022 at 2:32 AM, no3Ljm said:

Metal Robot Damashii NU GUNDAM Double Fin Funnel Equipped Type
May 2023 Release
November 1, 2022 Preorder Starts
Tamashii Web Exclusive / P-Bandai

https://p-bandai.com/us/item/N2656368001001 - US$165

https://p-bandai.jp/item/item-1000180873/ - Y15000/Y17050

*Looks like it only has 6 Funnels instead of 12. I wonder if they're going to release add-on/optional parts to make it look like the regular Nu and to equip 12 Funnels. HWS Option Parts is cool too. :rolleyes:

IMG_3506.JPG

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

China Bandai Tmall shop will have a special exclusive cover for double 11 event.

869E80C1-136D-45FE-AEB2-68AA7A9D1457.jpeg