They're absolutely killing it with the Metal Robot line with all these UC and Wing releases. I just wish they gave the same kind of attention to the MFFC and Metal Build lines instead of releasing the same mold over and over with tiny changes to colors, decals, and an exclusive accessory. It's getting old.

54 minutes ago, Grey728 said:

They're absolutely killing it with the Metal Robot line with all these UC and Wing releases. I just wish they gave the same kind of attention to the MFFC and Metal Build lines instead of releasing the same mold over and over with tiny changes to colors, decals, and an exclusive accessory. It's getting old.

Bandai have recently updated infos on the upcoming Tamashii Nation 2022 event over Tamashii website.

https://tamashii-nation.tamashiiweb.com/program/#a1

Noticed that the guests on the Gundam Figures Live panel is going to be Seiji Mizushima (MSG 00 Director) and Soichiro Hoshi (Kira Yamato VA) once again. It looks like they're going to feature figures once again from 00 and Seed. Probably the teased Dynames [Devise] for Metal Build line. Reusing the previous Dynames Repair as a base with some new molds to make the first Dynames model. And some new Seed figures for sure under Robot Damashii A.N.I.M.E. line. And yes, even though I'm not planning on getting these new ones, it's really getting tiring at this point.

However, if they're going to reveal more AoZ units for Metal Robot Damashii during the event, I'm all for that instead. :good: 

Edited by no3Ljm

Last week I finally got around to opening my MB Hi-Nu and I have to say the design has grown on me quite a bit. Yea I do wish the calf section was just a tad bigger/taller (maybe 5-10%) but I can see why it might've be designed as such.

It appears to be more of a mix between the original 'lean' design by Yataka Izubuchi:

Spoiler

RX-93-3F_Gundam_29_Front.webp.e9ab918e89262d4079bdf929048819ca.webp

and Katoki's:

Spoiler

Hi-Nu_Gundam.webp.c010621898ea8882d43785fd8ee95c97.webp

The 'open hatch'/expansion feature on the MB does fill out the calves and overall figure a bit more, but it's definitely nothing like the RG or Katoki version. The foot has a nice expanding feature not only for the heel but the front of the foot slides/soft clicks out forward an extra 2-3mm. When all the hatches/panels are expanded you really don't notice the change in the foot other than the heel... i guess it helps keep the scale of the look, otherwise it looks smaller.

Definitely excited for the bazooka/replacement shield and even more so for the HWS.

EDIT:
Oh and the Hi-Nu is probably one of their bigger MBs to date. it towers over the MB Astray RF Kai Alt Strike Ver. by 3cm minimum (or more) from the top of the head.

Edited by PsYcHoDyNaMiX

On 10/20/2022 at 1:08 PM, Grey728 said:

Agreed, being a collector is starting to lose its fun/enthusiasm. Also coupled with the lower amount of pre order stock and having to stay up late to try and order one before selling out has been a pain in the "donkey" . I dont understand why bandai made so few of the Strike Noirs 

3 hours ago, 68whiskey said:

Agreed, being a collector is starting to lose its fun/enthusiasm. Also coupled with the lower amount of pre order stock and having to stay up late to try and order one before selling out has been a pain in the "donkey" . I dont understand why bandai made so few of the Strike Noirs 

IIRC, the MB Strike Noirs were Event Attendance only and made available pbjp via lottery for the remaining.

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

Metal Robot Damashii RX-93 Nu Gundam Double Fin Funnel.
More info coming October 31, 2022.

image.jpeg.2dd28f6cbd9b2687aad93a8df418ffcb.jpeg

image.jpeg.89bbfbabdf2e66c5158839c2742503b4.jpeg

Let's reveal what's in the silhouette. ;) 

tam105_open.jpg.4fab80cc8881c068e92785d15e4b473e.jpg

Neat. Now do a Metal Build Nu Gundam Bandai.

In other news my first MB Hi-Nu is out for delivery after sitting in a warehouse for a while so I am excited.

Edited by Scyla

Just now, no3Ljm said:

^ This, I'm looking forward to. It's why I decided not to get the Chogokin RX-93ff. :good: 

If that happens, do you think Bandai will complete the trifecta of Nu, Hi-Nu and Sazabi in Metal Builds form?

24 minutes ago, Scyla said:

If that happens, do you think Bandai will complete the trifecta of Nu, Hi-Nu and Sazabi in Metal Builds form?

It's hard to say. Maybe it will, but it might take years. :unknw:

I also wonder how Nu and Sazabi will end up looking in MB form. I mean, the Hi-Nu is great but not in the familiar look that we know. :rolleyes: I only wish that if they did ended up doing Nu, that it will come with add-on HWS parts. ;) 

15 minutes ago, Grey728 said:

That’s the problem. Metal robot has the variety. Metal build/GFFMC has the size. I want the variety in 1/100 scale :(

I'm assuming space is not a problem if you want variety at 1/100 scale? ;) 

Mine is. So I only pick what I want for both scales. Can't have everything. Hehehe. :lol: 

4 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

It's hard to say. Maybe it will, but it might take years. :unknw:

I also wonder how Nu and Sazabi will end up looking in MB form. I mean, the Hi-Nu is great but not in the familiar look that we know. :rolleyes: I only wish that if they did ended up doing Nu, that it will come with add-on HWS parts. ;) 

I'm gonna come right out and say it, I kinda hope they don't do a MB  Sazabi and Nu. I hated how the MB Hi-Nu looked, and I'm sure I'm gonna hate how Sazabi and Nu would look. I'd rather have GFFMCs.

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Hey @Scyla. Looking at Nu's simple design, I wonder how Bandai is going to style it up if it's going to be made for Metal Build?

Probably pepper it full of random lines and holes the way they do with Ver Ka model kits nowadays. Emphasize the psychoframe by introducing a "transformation" mechanic. Like so:

1132429-27767-66-pristine.jpg

I'm curious about the Metal RD Nu Double Fin Funnel. Is the "canon" design supposed to be just the full set split evenly on either side? I always thought it was a full set of six funnels on each side (so 12 funnels total).

4 hours ago, anime52k8 said:

I'm gonna come right out and say it, I kinda hope they don't do a MB  Sazabi and Nu. I hated how the MB Hi-Nu looked, and I'm sure I'm gonna hate how Sazabi and Nu would look. I'd rather have GFFMCs.

To be honest, same as you, I didn't like MB Hi-Nu design. I really wanted it to look like the MG as close as possible. But it's the closest thing I can get in a scale that I want without me building and painting it. ;) But if they're going to release a Hi-Nu close to the design that I like whether it's GFFMC, I'm going to get it. But if they do a MB Nu, at this point, I only wish that the design to look close or as family as the previous Hi-Nu so that they will look good together. :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, kajnrig said:

Probably pepper it full of random lines and holes the way they do with Ver Ka model kits nowadays. Emphasize the psychoframe by introducing a "transformation" mechanic. Like so:

1132429-27767-66-pristine.jpg

I'm curious about the Metal RD Nu Double Fin Funnel. Is the "canon" design supposed to be just the full set split evenly on either side? I always thought it was a full set of six funnels on each side (so 12 funnels total).

For some reason, I prefer the Real Grade design over this MG Ver.Ka design. So I wish an MB figure close to the RG design. If possible. :rolleyes:

RG-Nu-Gundam-1.jpg.f43f57d20e164e9296b4ad6980594a9b.jpg

300652272_RG-nu-gundam-HWS(3).jpg.ac8e8fb0923b2ed2fe3d42ac75cd35cc.jpg

As for the Double Fin Funnel, lineart shows a total of 6 funnels. But on the Master Archive book, it shows a total of 12 funnels. 

Rx-93-doublefinfunnel.jpg.94be90cbf94768f5d629b1a4ab546907.jpg

Doublefunnel-masterarchive.jpg.73dad9358d0bbfc2775fa8bda70d5261.jpg

Edited by no3Ljm

@no3Ljm, @anime52k8 I love the Ver. Ka design on the Char‘s Counterattack suits.

I also like the green of the Psycho Frame. It gives a nice contrast to the yellow orange highlights. However I don’t like the transformation since it makes the Gundam look too elongated and the legs turn into sticks. Same with the Unicorn in Destroy mode.

Anyhow, I don’t think a MB Nu Gundam will look like the Ver. Ka since the Hi-Nu doesn’t look anything like it.

On 10/22/2022 at 10:21 PM, PsYcHoDyNaMiX said:

IIRC, the MB Strike Noirs were Event Attendance only and made available pbjp via lottery for the remaining.

There'll be a general release on P-Bandai usually on the same week as the Tamashii Nations event in Nov. Has been this way for the past few years and I don't expect any difference this year.