34 minutes ago, lechuck said:

So I have come across a local offer for the Metal Build F91 Chronicle White version which has been marked down close to 250 Euro (incl. shipping).

Is that a good price or still too high? Would I be better off importing directly from a Japan?

Sounds reasonable to me. The ones on Mandarake are at about ¥26,000 so if you factor in shipping, sales tax, customs and handling fees when importing it would be around €250.

MSRP for the item was ¥31,900.

Edited by Scyla

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

nIn isn’t a bad place . I use them often . Just be Warner’s there is a small chance they are going to shake you down for $10-15 just ass your item is ready to ship. It just happened to me with the Red Dragon Cavelwetch and V fin head set. 4th time it’s happened in many years with them

On 9/27/2022 at 11:36 PM, Scyla said:

Sounds reasonable to me. The ones on Mandarake are at about ¥26,000 so if you factor in shipping, sales tax, customs and handling fees when importing it would be around €250.

MSRP for the item was ¥31,900.

Thanks, I went for it.

It's kind of funny, because I did the same cross referencing and factoring with Mandarake, but thought I might have something wrong in my assessment. Also local EU stores... when are they ever reasonable or competitive with their pricing right?

12 hours ago, lechuck said:

Thanks, I went for it.

It's kind of funny, because I did the same cross referencing and factoring with Mandarake, but thought I might have something wrong in my assessment. Also local EU stores... when are they ever reasonable or competitive with their pricing right?

I hope you like it. I really enjoy mine with all the options you get in that set. I prefer the regular version. Even if it is bare plastic the glossy white looks better to me than the „dirty“ white paint on the Chronicle White version.

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

I was worried that this is the announcement for the Grand Slam add-on set for ¥8999. :o

Anyhow, I was reminiscing about how much I liked Gundam Unicorn. I really want a Metal Build take on it.

I would prefer if it didn’t transform but rather have a separate releases of the Unicorn Mode and Destroy Mode.

This would really help to get better proportions in Destroy Mode because the GMCFF ones are too lanky and the limbs are too elongated. It would also make it a lot more articulated if the transformation gimmick doesn’t get into the way.

ICYMI: 30% off Metal Build EVA-01 Test Type at sideshow for today's daily deal:

https://www.sideshow.com/collectibles/neon-genesis-evangelion-eva-01-test-type-bandai-905741?code=30DDOCT5

A couple other Bandai and ThreeZero deals as well:
https://www.sideshow.com/code/30DDOCT5

(Robot Spirits Wing Gundam Zero and RX-78GP03S, ThreeZero BB Shockwave and WFC Optimus and others)

21 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Chogokin ZGMF-X10A FREEDOM Gundam Ver.GCP
April 2023 Release
October 5, 2022 Preorder Starts
Y26400/Y24000
Tamashii Web Exclusive / P-Bandai

B07A8DE6-EC35-496A-9A92-D2BDF68596B8.jpeg.11da31c3630c7569f0b037f232c00ca1.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Is there much improvement over the original Metal Build release?

2 hours ago, weiser21 said:

Thats a tough one. The first freedom gundam came out in 2012 , back then Bandai set the bar real low. I own an MB freedom and the detail on this one looks better in my opinion since it has more panel lining. However its also an apples to orange comparison as this is their Chogokin line which is more on par with Robot Sprits in terms of detail and points of articulation. 

2 hours ago, weiser21 said:

22 minutes ago, 68whiskey said:

Thats a tough one. The first freedom gundam came out in 2012 , back then Bandai set the bar real low. I own an MB freedom and the detail on this one looks better in my opinion since it has more panel lining. However its also an apples to orange comparison as this is their Chogokin line which is more on par with Robot Sprits in terms of detail and points of articulation. 

It's going to be hard to compare this to a Metal Build figure. Esp with the last Freedom release, the Fredoom Gundam Concept 2 which is a big leap from the first Metal Build Freedom release. By design, I think of the Chogokin figure an upgrade from a Master Grade kit. It has diecast joints, nice panel linings, and painted with some metallic colors. Not to mention, the eyes lights up too where Metal Builds don't. ;)

Overall the basic design is kind of the same as the Master Grade kit, where Metal Build is more stylized. Articulation-wise, I think the Metal Build has the advantage against the Chogokin figure. In the end, if you don't like the stylized design of the Metal Build, and you want it closer to the original design, then the Chogokin figure is the one for you. Which is why I'm kind of considering it. :good: 

3 hours ago, weiser21 said:

1 hour ago, 68whiskey said:

33 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

It's going to be hard to compare this to a Metal Build figure. Esp with the last Freedom release, the Fredoom Gundam Concept 2 which is a big leap from the first Metal Build Freedom release. By design, I think of the Chogokin figure an upgrade from a Master Grade kit. It has diecast joints, nice panel linings, and painted with some metallic colors. Not to mention, the eyes lights up too where Metal Builds don't. ;)

Overall the basic design is kind of the same as the Master Grade kit, where Metal Build is more stylized. Articulation-wise, I think the Metal Build has the advantage against the Chogokin figure. In the end, if you don't like the stylized design of the Metal Build, and you want it closer to the original design, then the Chogokin figure is the one for you. Which is why I'm kind of considering it. :good: 

Chogokin Freedom is not good, the only thing better is it has lights inside but really not useful. In my opinion go for concept 2. These are my photos take a look.

4932BE70-8477-4B13-99AD-694A41C98A9D.jpeg

A2603EC7-F970-42D9-96FC-3AF0888F0923.jpeg

98CCCBE7-3A89-4946-8260-83985BB28626.jpeg

5CBF92C5-06AD-4D33-B7DA-A4A983BF1851.jpeg

BF18DD14-AB57-4C86-A06A-65F06C059050.jpeg

D321D43B-F930-4C62-8572-0C12DBBD988A.jpeg

54 minutes ago, carlsylar said:

Chogokin Freedom is not good, the only thing better is it has lights inside but really not useful. In my opinion go for concept 2. These are my photos take a look.

BF18DD14-AB57-4C86-A06A-65F06C059050.jpeg

Thanks for sharing those photos, @carlsylar. I didn't know you have one. :good:

I didn't know the grey paint on the white armor is tad darker. I thought it was lighter like in the promo pics.

So granted I want Freedom that resembles the show and not the stylized Metal Build design, would you say that the Chogokin is good enough if I don't have the master skill of building and paint a Master Grade kit?

5 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Thanks for sharing those photos, @carlsylar. I didn't know you have one. :good:

I didn't know the grey paint on the white armor is tad darker. I thought it was lighter like in the promo pics.

So granted I want Freedom that resembles the show and not the stylized Metal Build design, would you say that the Chogokin is good enough if I don't have the master skill of building and paint a Master Grade kit?

Bandai built a real size freedom in Shanghai China and the shop near this real size freedom sells chogokin freedom in advance and I got a friend to grab it for me. 
In my opinion is is not wroth and kind disappointed. But if you don’t have the skill to build a mg you can choose this one.

On 10/8/2022 at 11:46 AM, Scyla said:

Is there a comparison image between the Metal Build and Chogokin Freedom Gundam?

I would be particularly interested in a height comparison. 

Hope these helps. :hi:

Starts at 2:16.

Starts at 5:21.

Edited by no3Ljm