2 hours ago, Scyla said:

I wonder if I should buy the Red Dragonics head add-on set to make my Red Frames more diverse.

Do we know for which release this set is meant to be? The initial Red Frame release?

Based on the samples they provided on the head add-on page, it's the Red Frame Kai (Alternative Strike Ver.) release back in April 2020. Blue Frame sample shows the Second Revise release from September 2020.

English-translation description from the TWE item page

The head part "Astray Ddraig Head" that can be attached to "METAL BUILD Gundam Astray Red Frame Kai (Alternative Strike Ver.)" and strengthened, the characteristic beam effect antenna is reproduced with replacement parts. Also included is a javelin base to reproduce the "Caletvwlch Javelin," which is a new weapon setting, as well as three additional boosters to be attached to the top and sides, and three "Neo Caletvwlch bases" that can be attached to their joints.

In addition, three [METAL BUILD Kaletvluff Option Set], [METAL BUILD Flight Unit Option Set (Alternative Strike Ver.)], [METAL BUILD Gundam Astray Red Frame Kai ( (Alternative Strike Ver.)", you can reproduce the "Gundam Astray Red Dragon".

"Gundam Astray Red Dragonics" cannot be reproduced with the above combination.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by no3Ljm

I know based on the original Mobile Suit tech spec is Hi-Nu is smaller than Nu. And I always wanted Hi-Nu to be bigger than Nu. Looks like dream come true with Chogokin RX-93ff... that is, assuming I can get one when it becomes available to US shores. :rolleyes:

image.jpeg.6c3f1362b7a661cb5a930d24ec387374.jpeg

2 hours ago, Fordarkness said:

Is MR the new trend over the GFFMC/MB series?

No. They are all different toy lines. Metal Robot Damashii is more of a high-end collectible of their Robot Damashii line. And they're in the 1/144 scale where GFFMC and MB are in the 1/100 scale.

19 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

No. They are all different toy lines. Metal Robot Damashii is more of a high-end collectible of their Robot Damashii line. And they're in the 1/144 scale where GFFMC and MB are in the 1/100 scale.

In terms of details and quality, which is more high-end?

8 minutes ago, Fordarkness said:

I would say 

1) GFFMC    2) Metal Build    3) Metal Robot Damashii

The GFFMC and Metal Build are very close and mostly comes down to what Gundam series or suits you want to collect. As far as I know the GFFMC and Metal Build haven't done the exact same mobile suit. The Metal Robot Damashii is a great line but feel fragile with the smaller parts. Nothing has broken on my figures and you can get some great poses with them beginning lighter weight. 

1 minute ago, General Rasp said:

I would say 

The GFFMC and Metal Build are very close and mostly comes down to what Gundam series or suits you want to collect. As far as I know the GFFMC and Metal Build haven't done the exact same mobile suit. The Metal Robot Damashii is a great line but feel fragile with the smaller parts. Nothing has broken on my figures and you can get some great poses with them beginning lighter weight. 

Thanks

3 minutes ago, Darth Mingus said:

MRD Woundwort (September Pre-Order, Feb 2023 release)

image.png.1dd92c008efd39159b16ab6e3ab367c8.png

Hopefully, there will be a Hrududu 2 add-on to make the Woundwort Rah.

It looks a little bulkier than the HG kit but I still like the proportions. As long as it can hold the weapon as good as the HG kit I will be happy. I also really like they included an active beam blade. 

2 minutes ago, Darth Mingus said:

MRD Woundwort (September Pre-Order, Feb 2023 release)

image.png.1dd92c008efd39159b16ab6e3ab367c8.png

Hopefully, there will be a Hrududu 2 add-on to make the Woundwort Rah.

For Y15400? To get two or not? :rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure they will make Hrududu II. :good: And next thing we know, they're going to announce a re-release of the TR-1 Hazel with an option to remove the legs and arms to be able to attach to Woundwort. :spiteful:

Hope they do this two next: 

TR-1 Hazel-Rah Second Form w/ Booster (as a set)

image.jpeg.5f91ea705e94996a8f8bda29c0b51804.jpeg

image.jpeg.4558c6947d8af40b575dde326811d9fa.jpeg

image.jpeg.61e7fd9e42883ac28868b5af59686b51.jpeg

TR-6 [Kehaar II]

image.jpeg.d6afd35486992dedfc757ae91efaa73b.jpeg

image.jpeg.de7c620b03791b8d1222294e95fc817b.jpeg

19 minutes ago, Arky said:

anyone have the upcoming Magazine that talks about upcoming bandai MB/GFFMC releases ? just want to see is this true - 

image.png.a3d19abb516a4ab20d584781fbb7738c.png

That looks like a magazine scan. So yeah, maybe it's true. Though be warned. It might be a TWE release based on the logo stamp below right.

3 hours ago, Fordarkness said:

3 hours ago, General Rasp said:

I would say 

To me Metal Build is the of a higher quality than the GFFMC line.

The GFFMC line only caught up in terms of quality with the RX-78-2 from Gundam the Origin. So this, the Zakku and the Wing Zero Custom. The Zakku feels the most like a Metal Build toys.

From reviews I saw of the older GFFMC toys are lacking, especially the Unicorn ones and the Z Plus. I don’t know much about the Psycho Gundam.

It probably helps that none of the Metal Builds transform.

2 hours ago, Arky said:

anyone have the upcoming Magazine that talks about upcoming bandai MB/GFFMC releases ? just want to see is this true - 

image.png.a3d19abb516a4ab20d584781fbb7738c.png

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

That looks like a magazine scan. So yeah, maybe it's true. Though be warned. It might be a TWE release based on the logo stamp below right.

Found a bigger scan that shows more of the bottom right. The scan page is from Hobby Japan Oct 2022 issue. So the bottom portion is more of the Cucuruz Doan releases schedule info.

image.jpeg.b63a604c9cb6fa0afa0b2dc69e9b0240.jpeg

Text above Wing says, 'Released in 2018, the popular G.F.F.M.C. Wing Gundam Zero (EW Version) revivial project is underway! More details will be introduced in the next issue of this magazine.'

2 hours ago, Scyla said:

The GFFMC line only caught up in terms of quality with the RX-78-2 from Gundam the Origin. So this, the Zakku and the Wing Zero Custom. The Zakku feels the most like a Metal Build toys.

From reviews I saw of the older GFFMC toys are lacking, especially the Unicorn ones and the Z Plus. I don’t know much about the Psycho Gundam.

As a Gundam enthusiast I agree with most of the above. No way in hell is GFFMC better than Metal Build. GFFMC has been releasing hot turds for a while now, Wing models were the only thing they have gotten to release without issue. All the early stuff was prone to uneven coloring , snapped wrists , weak joints everywhere and uneven/warped accessories. 

The MB line had some issues with the earlier Raiser/7 sword models but those were fixed. Only plague on MB is the Exia frames with the weak hips/torso 

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

Found a bigger scan that shows more of the bottom right. The scan page is from Hobby Japan Oct 2022 issue. So the bottom portion is more of the Cucuruz Doan releases schedule info.

image.jpeg.b63a604c9cb6fa0afa0b2dc69e9b0240.jpeg

Text above Wing says, 'Released in 2018, the popular G.F.F.M.C. Wing Gundam Zero (EW Version) revivial project is underway! More details will be introduced in the next issue of this magazine.'

I only wish Bandai would release the other suits from Gundam Wing, at least the main five. 

1 hour ago, anime52k8 said:

I wonder what they mean by renewal?

A new hat maybe?

From Gabriel Contreras over at TFW2005. Metal Build Dynames:

image.png.5e201a9116f768b1dff895f2f9dad79e.png

Now in green with sniper rifle.

Source: https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/threads/bandai-metal-build-discussion.1115253/page-294#post-20551447

[edit:] Added a video

Edited by Scyla

On 8/23/2022 at 9:05 AM, no3Ljm said:

I know based on the original Mobile Suit tech spec is Hi-Nu is smaller than Nu. And I always wanted Hi-Nu to be bigger than Nu. Looks like dream come true with Chogokin RX-93ff... that is, assuming I can get one when it becomes available to US shores. :rolleyes:

image.jpeg.6c3f1362b7a661cb5a930d24ec387374.jpeg

Personally disappointing, that size discrepancy for the Chogokin Nu and not being MG 1/100 scale compatible makes this a pass for me.

17 hours ago, Scyla said:

It probably helps that none of the Metal Builds transform.

14 hours ago, 68whiskey said:

As a Gundam enthusiast I agree with most of the above. No way in hell is GFFMC better than Metal Build. GFFMC has been releasing hot turds for a while now, Wing models were the only thing they have gotten to release without issue. All the early stuff was prone to uneven coloring , snapped wrists , weak joints everywhere and uneven/warped accessories. 

The MB line had some issues with the earlier Raiser/7 sword models but those were fixed. Only plague on MB is the Exia frames with the weak hips/torso 

I had forgotten about the various Unicorn Gundams from GFFMC. Yeah, the early stuff wasn't great and the Metal Build figures were better. Once they released the Endless Waltz Wing Gundam the quality took a significant jump up. There are two versions of the GFFMC line. The old version with the various Unicorns/Zeta Plus (did they ever do a Perfectability Unicorn?) and the new version starting with Wing.