Just missed the posting on Kurama https://kuramatoys.com/metal-structure-kaitaishouki-msn-04-sazabi/

Which is a shame as this is one of the sites I've been monitoring and refreshing for an entire week last week.  Nonetheless I need to refocus on normal day to day stuff and this one felt through the gap while I was working.  It drives me crazy to think that I have sacrifice a lot of time putting off important tasks to monitor the websites last week and they never posted, and just for a moment when I turn back towards work they finally did post and I missed out... 

10 minutes ago, Chunky001 said:

I gave up days ago. I'm either not going to get one................................or pay $4000. I haven't decided what I'm going to do yet. Probably pay $4000. I hate to lose.

yeah 4000 is around my limit too.  Over at robotjapan people are posting link to Amazon scalpers selling for 6000, and somebody said they ordered because they can cancel before Oct 30.  Problem is, the day you order is the day you'll most likely back out, as you are furthest financially from it.  As time passes you start regaining money towards your budget from salary and the day getting close to Dec launch also makes you more excited and less likely to cancel the order.  The 6000 seller probably also didn't have it but preorder from some other Amazon seller for 4000 with a cancel date in Nov, so if you back out he backs out, and if you don't he makes a big margin just by doing a few mouse clicks.  This is sickening...

Edit: to be able to buy the Sazabi with a reasonable price is supposed to be exciting and makes you appreciate the workmanship of the product, if however, I get the Sazabi at launch day for the crazy markup of 6000 I would not be happy holding it in my hand and may even be ashamed to show it off...

Edited by FAZZ888

5 minutes ago, mog_kupo said:

P-Bandi exclusive? 

It's an exclusive item for Tamashii Nations 2022. Based on the description, for foreign customers, it's thru their Tamashii Web Shop. :good:

6 minutes ago, FAZZ888 said:

me too, I'm generally immune to non UC stuff, except for a few Katoki Wing stuff...

i don't mind non-UC as long that I like it. But then again, non-UC ones I have are just Kira's and Setsuna's units. I don't buy each Metal Build release. :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, FAZZ888 said:

Just missed the posting on Kurama https://kuramatoys.com/metal-structure-kaitaishouki-msn-04-sazabi/

Which is a shame as this is one of the sites I've been monitoring and refreshing for an entire week last week.  Nonetheless I need to refocus on normal day to day stuff and this one felt through the gap while I was working.  It drives me crazy to think that I have sacrifice a lot of time putting off important tasks to monitor the websites last week and they never posted, and just for a moment when I turn back towards work they finally did post and I missed out... 

The consolation prize behind missing Kurama is that you probably wouldn't have gotten anything from them anyway. IIRC a friend of mine PO the MS Nu with them which they required a 600$ deposit and after the time later they were unable to secure it for him resulting in a refund.

my 2nd order confirmed -  (just in case LP cuts me)

Pretty much my mentality is if I get one - good, if I don't for near SRP - all good :)

I wonder how am I going to ship this from my homeland.

120K php = 2,100 USD

SR5N5NB.png

I can definitely see this thing going for 4K-5K USD (which is happening now)

I'm keen on a Strike Noir MB! One of my favs! But if I can't have one - all good

15 hours ago, Snorly said:

Metal Build Strike Noir - Release Nov 15, 2022 -  Tamashii Nation 2022, 30800yen incl. tax. Yay to giving more money to Bandai.

https://tamashii-nation.tamashii.jp/items/05.html

Thanks for posting this, was definitely a heads-up for me.

15 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Another pass. Money saved. Thanks Bandai! :hi:

Not going to lie, there have been a few recent releases, Metal Build or Gundam related as well as Macross related that I've passed on. A few years ago I would have never, but these days I'm skipping all sorts of stuff.

Not this one though 😅

3 hours ago, General Rasp said:

The Strike Noir is my favorite suit from the Seed universe so I am 100% in on the Metal Build.

It's a good looking suit!

2 hours ago, Scyla said:

Well there goes another ¥45k-¥60k for my Metal Build collection. :p

It's already sold out at Big in Japan and I don't see it listed on other sites yet, so FOMO compelled me to order at Luna Park (Premium). I had decided to stay way from them but I'll roll the dice this time. 50,500 JPY shipped using DHL was my total, so your estimate is pretty accurate.

-b.

Last year's 00 Raiser Trans Am was ¥27.5k retail, ¥50k+ resale.

From what I recall, it was also on Asian p-b sites. The second or third round of orders hit Japan sites a few months later and were selling for low ¥30's. There were loads of them available.

Drop ¥50k now, or wait and possibly get one for a much more reasonable price. The choice is yours.

12 minutes ago, sjr said:

From what I recall, it was also on Asian p-b sites. The second or third round of orders hit Japan sites a few months later and were selling for low ¥30's. There were loads of them available.

Drop ¥50k now, or wait and possibly get one for a much more reasonable price. The choice is yours.

But the FOMO is real. :p

28 minutes ago, sjr said:

This is true! I bought my Trans AM raiser for 45K but I'm seeing them drop to 35K - so yeah I suggest wait for more releases eventually it will come. The same also happened with the Blue version 2019 Tamashii exclusive.

42 minutes ago, sjr said:

29 minutes ago, Scyla said:

But the FOMO is real. :p

13 minutes ago, tjdetweiler said:

This is true! I bought my Trans AM raiser for 45K but I'm seeing them drop to 35K - so yeah I suggest wait for more releases eventually it will come. The same also happened with the Blue version 2019 Tamashii exclusive.

To be honest I've followed both strategies and had both worked, and failed.

There's so much speculation involved it's hard to know which was right until after the fact. Will there be tons of supply, causing prices to drop, or will there be limited supply, causing those prices to stay steady, or get higher?

Start contemplating that and then BOOM - the fear of missing out, or even worst the fear of seeing stupid after-market prices strike. lol

-b.

3 hours ago, sjr said:

I was lucky enough to grab both the Destiny Soul Red and 00 Trans Am off Asia P-Ban (And managed to hit a 2nd 00 Trans Am via 2nd or 3rd P-Ban JP lottery)

Persistence is the key :) Dont buy into resale (Unless you really want them)

1 hour ago, akai21 said:

I was lucky enough to grab both the Destiny Soul Red and 00 Trans Am off Asia P-Ban (And managed to hit a 2nd 00 Trans Am via 2nd or 3rd P-Ban JP lottery)

Persistence is the key :) Dont buy into resale (Unless you really want them)

Uh huh and how do you expect those outside those regions to buy it the way you did? 

2 minutes ago, crackpot said:

Uh huh and how do you expect those outside those regions to buy it the way you did? 

I'm not located at those regions as well.  There are a lot of people offering services in those regions if you don't have any FNF in those countries, not to mention you can always find a reshipper service/address.

There are ways to get these things for less than what I paid, of that I'm sure. And I personally was okay with paying a smidge more upfront for this release, especially with an "easy button" like purchasing from places like Big in Japan and others, but I would never begrudge someone for being smarter or more strategic with how or when they buy. 

As mentioned; 

Forwarding Services/Proxies

Being patient and diligent just after release

Getting lucky with reputable etailers or eBay sellers

Between MWF and just good ole Google I've learned a lot about how to buy exclusives like this, but there's still so much I don't know, haven't tried yet, etc.

-b.

Is the Strike Noir the first Tamashii Nations event exclusive item that has unique molding?

If I remember correctly, the other Metal Builds where just recolors.

Makes me wonder, if they are planning to release the Strike Noir regularly.

27 minutes ago, Scyla said:

Is the Strike Noir the first Tamashii Nations event exclusive item that has unique molding?

If I remember correctly, the other Metal Builds where just recolors.

Makes me wonder, if they are planning to release the Strike Noir regularly.

Pretty sure it will see general release afterwards... 

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Sweet, didn’t notice the new color on the Strike Rouge backpack before. Makes me wonder if the Grand Slam will come in a set with the backpack or bundled with a redeco of the Strike Rouge.

8 hours ago, Scyla said:

Sweet, didn’t notice the new color on the Strike Rouge backpack before. Makes me wonder if the Grand Slam will come in a set with the backpack or bundled with a redeco of the Strike Rouge.

They’ll do the PO with the Strike Rouge backpack first then the following month they will PO the Grand Slam as an alternative strike item. Per Bandais usual MO

1 hour ago, 68whiskey said:

They’ll do the PO with the Strike Rouge backpack first then the following month they will PO the Grand Slam as an alternative strike item. Per Bandais usual MO

That’s why it is super convenient to collect the whole Metal Build line. Just buy everything, so you don’t have to care about all that Bandai release nonsense.

2 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

I think the Strike Gundam is probably the best toy in the Metal Build line.

While I’m not enamored with the base design it is a pretty dope figure. And the lack of accessories makes it fun to handle since he is no overburdened with stuff you have to attach.