6 minutes ago, FAZZ888 said:

Having multiple store pages opened and constantly refreshing is starting to affect my life.  It has been 4 days (I started Aug 1st because it is 2nd in Japan) glued in front of the computer, not able to sleep for more than 1 hour intervals due to FOMO (yet I still missed out on BBTS and USAGS).  For the time it takes me to write these lines have already gone through my tabs and refreshed twice LOL.

Oh man, this is so touching that would gladly share one with you if only I had secured pre-orders for this monstrosity, but here I was, at 4:59 Pacific Time, ready to smash the F5 button at USAGundamStore just to realize the preorder had happened an hour earlier, so I share your pain!

I pre-ordered at Sugo, but I know my chances are slim. Good luck!

16 minutes ago, FAZZ888 said:

Having multiple store pages opened and constantly refreshing is starting to affect my life.  It has been 4 days (I started Aug 1st because it is 2nd in Japan) glued in front of the computer, not able to sleep for more than 1 hour intervals due to FOMO (yet I still missed out on BBTS and USAGS).  For the time it takes me to write these lines have already gone through my tabs and refreshed twice LOL.

Don't bother refreshing sites that already dropped more than 2hrs ago.  If they had to cancel orders they'd be cancelled already.  Especially with USAGS where their site literally gets botted instantly.

Save yourself some time and effort, install one of those auto refresh and notify extensions for chrome (Trying to find the name of it)

Edit:  Extension is called Distill.  Google it

Edited by akai21

27 minutes ago, PsYcHoDyNaMiX said:

Just throwing some speculation out there... what would the chances be that Japan shops were directed by Bandai (or Bandai is intentionally delaying the Japan shop allocations) just to drive the outside regional sales before opening up the actual Japan region sales?

My thought is because the MSRP for the Japan region is lower than what ie. US and other regional distributors can offer in their regions, therefore by releasing outside regions ie. US before opening the majority of Japan sales would be preventing many customers (scalpers and the like) to buy out their own regions first before Japan.

In a sense it doesnt help that scalpers will still scalp. It just means if scalpers start on higher prices... they'll just list higher in the beginning...? IDK, lol.

Just a thought, lol. 🤷‍♂️

OEMs and retailers in general say they dislike scalpers for PR reasons only.  In reality scalpers do not impact them because they are the fastest channel to liquidate inventory, assumes all the risks of a potential price crash, and help drive up the hype of the product (except for PS5 which in itself is a money making platform and generates less total revenue for Sony if they sit in the basement of a scalper rather than used by a player buying DLCs and stuff). 

Scalpers actually "help" Bandai see the missing consumer surplus, and on subsequent product releases they can rise the listing price higher.  Having said that they won't risk pricing the consumers out so there will always be a margin in between scalpers can survive.

Overseas scalpers are even less of a problem due to the increase cost of shipping and tax lowering their margins.  They are also less in volume than the number of scalpers in Japan.  If anybody, Japanese scalpers scalps way worst than the rest of the world, just look at Yahoo JP, $5000 $6000 $7000 WTF.

MSRP is MSRP and is the same everywhere.  For overseas yes you need to factor in shipping cost but that is about it,  the $2000 in US retailers vs $1400 in JP retailers we're seeing isn't something controlled by Bandai.

Stock allocation is a strategy, but works in Bandai's favor.  Essentially them or the distributor forces the retailers to stock up in bundles of hot item and not popular items.  For example, for each 1 metal structure sazabi the retailer is buying from Bandai / distributor, they may be forced to also buy 30 Kyoukai Senki kits.  Alot of retailers cannot get alot of sazabi allocated because they cannot absorb the Kyoukai Senki kits which they know they cannot sell.

19 minutes ago, akai21 said:

Don't bother refreshing sites that already dropped more than 2hrs ago.  If they had to cancel orders they'd be cancelled already.  Especially with USAGS where their site literally gets botted instantly.

Save yourself some time and effort, install one of those auto refresh and notify extensions for chrome (Trying to find the name of it)

Edit:  Extension is called Distill.  Google it

I know, I drop sites after a miss, but I'm still down to 5-6 sites from the original 20+ I started from day one

PS.  I should probably learn how to do this bot thing.  Can't beat them, join them

Edited by FAZZ888

33 minutes ago, FAZZ888 said:

You could try a store that hasn’t listed yet and sending an email asking if they plan to and when. I don’t know if many of the Canadian places have listed them, but on things like that you have to make sure they ship out of country. 

6 minutes ago, Big s said:

You could try a store that hasn’t listed yet and sending an email asking if they plan to and when. I don’t know if many of the Canadian places have listed them, but on things like that you have to make sure they ship out of country. 

Would be interested to see which shop in Canada sells it as well.

31 minutes ago, FAZZ888 said:

OEMs and retailers in general say they dislike scalpers for PR reasons only.  In reality scalpers do not impact them because they are the fastest channel to liquidate inventory, assumes all the risks of a potential price crash, and help drive up the hype of the product (except for PS5 which in itself is a money making platform and generates less total revenue for Sony if they sit in the basement of a scalper rather than used by a player buying DLCs and stuff). 

Scalpers actually "help" Bandai see the missing consumer surplus, and on subsequent product releases they can rise the listing price higher.  Having said that they won't risk pricing the consumers out so there will always be a margin in between scalpers can survive.

Overseas scalpers are even less of a problem due to the increase cost of shipping and tax lowering their margins.  They are also less in volume than the number of scalpers in Japan.  If anybody, Japanese scalpers scalps way worst than the rest of the world, just look at Yahoo JP, $5000 $6000 $7000 WTF.

MSRP is MSRP and is the same everywhere.  For overseas yes you need to factor in shipping cost but that is about it,  the $2000 in US retailers vs $1400 in JP retailers we're seeing isn't something controlled by Bandai.

Stock allocation is a strategy, but works in Bandai's favor.  Essentially them or the distributor forces the retailers to stock up in bundles of hot item and not popular items.  For example, for each 1 metal structure sazabi the retailer is buying from Bandai / distributor, they may be forced to also buy 30 Kyoukai Senki kits.  Alot of retailers cannot get alot of sazabi allocated because they cannot absorb the Kyoukai Senki kits which they know they cannot sell.

Yup!

Yup!

Yup! But at the same time overseas (ie. US, etc outside of Japan) can exist... I'm referencing the US more because if a US scalper obtains the product directly from Japan, yes the shipping cost is added, but not only do they get it earlier, it would be more expensive if the scalper would have to buy the same item in the US plus state sales tax (well most states require state sales tax) unless they operated in a state that does not get sales tax.

Yup same as listed above.

Yup! I was just having that conversation with my friend the other day. Certain shops may not be allowed to stock items because of said 'tier' like system.

Edited by PsYcHoDyNaMiX

9 minutes ago, Chunky001 said:

I'm so over this. I'm going to stop actively looking. If I stumble on something great. Otherwise I'm waiting for release day and hoping I can score one for under $3000.

Mandarake would be your best bet but make sure to check often on release date.  Nu jumped from 1000 to 1600 on day one (I bought around 1800 within the first week) and went over 2000 within the first 2 weeks, needless to say it is even crazier now.  Fin funnels were holding at around 600 - 700 constant.

Sazabi will go over 3000 for sure, the question is how soon.  I'd say nothing below 2500 starting day one, nothing below 3500 by the end of the first month

11 minutes ago, Chunky001 said:

I'm so over this. I'm going to stop actively looking. If I stumble on something great. Otherwise I'm waiting for release day and hoping I can score one for under $3000.

3k if you lucky from a JP seller but i am sure they will look at US and know that US MSRP are 2k so they will use that as base and double that into 4k. 

saw 2 sellers at Rakuton JP at 600k+ yen which is 4.5k USD around 

8 minutes ago, akai21 said:

Lets just all pray it drops on P-Bandai US

very unlikely, this is not a P-Bandai item. If it were it would have been live for JP Pbandai on day 1 release. 

As I mention before the MS Nu were listed on BluefinBrand back then, during back then P-Bandai US site were not really active on selling much things on the site. since they let Bluefinbrand distribute however they like. 

2 minutes ago, Arky said:

very unlikely, this is not a P-Bandai item. If it were it would have been live for JP Pbandai on day 1 release. 

As I mention before the MS Nu were listed on BluefinBrand back then, during back then P-Bandai US site were not really active on selling much things on the site. since they let Bluefinbrand distribute however they like. 

Hence "pray".  Most likely on shop.bandai.com tho. (But US cards only)

1 hour ago, Chunky001 said:

I guess we'll see what happens on release. I have seen stuff selling/ being listed for crazy money around PO time that dropped when release day rolled around (a couple of the Macross VF-1 DX's). It's gone the other way too.

I'll also have to see what I'm willing to stomach as far as cost goes too. I could have a professional painter do a resin kit that will probably end up looking better for much much less. It's an option. I don't play with my toys. I have 6mo to wait and see. The way the economy is going I may be happy I won't have to pay for one in 6mo.:(

have you seen this?  thought you might like based on your mugshot

Hello, first time posting on this forum but have been lurking around for a while. I started my Metal Build and some Macross collection late last year and this forum had been a big help.

I also tried to pre-order the MS Sazabi at HLJ. I was able to reach the Paypal window and hit agree to pay. The circle icon showed up then suddenly everything was gone. It was snatch from my cart then order stop which sucks.

Today, I was lucky enough to be able to secure an order at EE however that $480 shipping really hurt.

I also sent an inquiry to eknightmedia yesterday if they will have an allocation for the MS Sazabi and this is their reply:

I hope eknightmedia would post it and fellow members here would be able to pre-order it from them. 😁

Screenshot_20220804-195233_Chrome.jpg

20220805_012649.jpg

4 minutes ago, Freedomx09a said:

Hello, first time posting on this forum but have been lurking around for a while. I started my Metal Build and some Macross collection late last year and this forum had been a big help.

I also tried to pre-order the MS Sazabi at HLJ. I was able to reach the Paypal window and hit agree to pay. The circle icon showed up then suddenly everything was gone. It was snatch from my cart then order stop which sucks.

Today, I was lucky enough to be able to secure an order at EE however that $480 shipping really hurt.

I also sent an inquiry to eknightmedia yesterday if they will have an allocation for the MS Sazabi and this is their reply:

I hope eknightmedia would post it and fellow members here would be able to pre-order it from them. 😁

DO you work for Eknightmedia? Ive never heard of them until this interesting first post 

A slightly less depressing topic: The Metal Build Strike Gundam Helioplolis Rollout Version has been released as a Tamashii Nations Store Exclusive.

I know it showed up once on Mandarake but I wasn’t able to find them via Jungle or From Japan.

Does anyone know if they are widely available on the aftermarket or is it a super limited release (the price on the Mandarake listing doesn’t imply this)?

5 minutes ago, Scyla said:

A slightly less depressing topic: The Metal Build Strike Gundam Helioplolis Rollout Version has been released as a Tamashii Nations Store Exclusive.

I know it showed up once on Mandarake but I wasn’t able to find them via Jungle or From Japan.

Does anyone know if they are widely available on the aftermarket or is it a super limited release (the price on the Mandarake listing doesn’t imply this)?

yahoo jp auction has alot

37 minutes ago, FAZZ888 said:

yahoo jp auction has alot

I can’t access the YAJ site anymore since it is blocked for IP addresses from the EU.

I wonder if this is why I can’t find it via From Japan and Zen Market.

Is there a specific Japanese term for the item that will yield better results besides „metal build strike“?

30 minutes ago, Scyla said:

I can’t access the YAJ site anymore since it is blocked for IP addresses from the EU.

Is there a specific Japanese term for the item that will yield better results besides „metal build strike“?

you can try buyee as a proxy to YAJ

1 hour ago, Scyla said:

Try this @Scyla.

METAL BUILD ストライクガンダム ヘリオポリス ロールアウト

And yes, there's a lot in YJA. Cheapest one with a buy it now option is Y25480. Good luck! :good: 

Edited by no3Ljm

2 hours ago, FAZZ888 said:

you can try buyee as a proxy to YAJ

48 minutes ago, Chunky001 said:

Or that.:good:

As what @Scyla has posted above, EU IP addresses are blocked from accessing YJA site. Searching for specific YJA link will probably not work with other proxy sites as well since all proxy sites uses the same search engine for YJA. I'm assuming it's going to be the same with Buyee.

Here's a live YJA link: https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/d1059531222 

@Scyla Tell us if the link above will load in all of those proxy sites you're using.

Good luck! :good:

48 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

As what @Scyla has posted above, EU IP addresses are blocked from accessing YJA site. Searching for specific YJA link will probably not work with other proxy sites as well since all proxy sites uses the same search engine for YJA. I'm assuming it's going to be the same with Buyee.

Here's a live YJA link: https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/d1059531222 

@Scyla Tell us if the link above will load in all of those proxy sites you're using.

Good luck! :good:

So with the Japanese text or the direct link it works with buyee, from japan and zenmarket.

Thanks for all the help everyone. :hi:

7 minutes ago, Scyla said:

So with the Japanese text or the direct link it works with buyee, from japan and zenmarket.

Thanks for all the help everyone. :hi:

You're welcome! :hi:Anyways, good luck on the hunt. :good:

4 hours ago, Scyla said:

This was all I was able to find via tamashii nation's amazon.jp site

METAL BUILD ストライクガンダム

Edit*** ahh nvm im late. I didnt refresh the thread to the most recent replies, lol.

Suppose to translate to "Metal Build Strike Gundam"

Edited by PsYcHoDyNaMiX

I'm planning to stop looking by the end of day this Sunday, just so I can look back and have a story to tell about wasting a full week refreshing websites, instead of some odd number of 5 to 6 days.  The situation is more dire than expected; was just listening to a Hong Kong toy podcast with some industry insiders and distributors, and it appears that the total production of the Sazabi is only half the volume of the Metal Structure Nu from before.  They said the entire Hong Kong was allocated no more than 40-50 copies, with the head chain retail allocated 10 and the rest of the stores only one each.  For reference back when the Nu launched 90 copies were allocated to Hong Kong.  With that said I no longer believe the Sazabi will be scalped around $3000 initially at launch, with that low of supply I cannot fathom a day one price below $4000.