13 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

How much you guys think shipping for this thing will be? The Nu is about a large PG box size, Sazabi is likely 1.5 times larger or thicker m

5 minutes ago, Chunky001 said:

Now that I look at my spreadsheet the only shop that I saw open orders was HLJ. Anyone see another shop actually open for orders?

HobbySearch, the link I provided on top of this page, probably did. But for hot items like this, it’s very very hard to place an order from them. The moment you refresh the page on the said start time of PO, it’s already sold out.

8 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

HobbySearch, the link I provided on top of this page, probably did. But for hot items like this, it’s very very hard to place an order from them. The moment you refresh the page on the said start time of PO, it’s already sold out.

HS is going to do a lottery when the item comes in stock (Dec). People must be signed up for notification for the lottery entry using the notification button. 🤦‍♂️

Oh and to clarify... the notification button is not the lottery entry, its just to be notified when the lottery will take place and there will be an entry system later. Sorry operating on lack of sleep, lol.

Edited by PsYcHoDyNaMiX

My bad. I didn’t paid attention on the red text below the watchlist buttons section. I just read it now. I shared the link earlier once I saw it posted on HS. :fool:

Well, good luck again to all of you. I’m now going back to sleep. :lazy:

Looks like some stores can't confirm allocations yet thus they are unable to open POs, I have contacted some of my go to guys, even local and said can't confirm due to it very limited, or don't have allocation.

Btw - LunaPark just got back to me about my order and said, since a I'm priority customer it will be secured and head of office will touch base with me to pay for the difference of the price they initially have put up, I'm thinking that is secured? We'll see.
Edited by tjdetweiler

Screw that, that price is crazytowns...I'd like to have it to pair with Nu, but not that much. At the current exchange rate it should work out to $1400 RETAIL...so that's a $600 premium. This isn't a P-Bandai exclusive, so distro price is lower than retail. I'm personally not going to encourage scalper-ish behavior from these stores.

https://sugotoys.com.au/product/bandai-metal-structure-1-60-figure-tamashi-nation-2020/

If any of you want to try your luck with the Luna Park of Australia , here is a link to their order.  Just be warned their Price Match Guarentee is a load of crock, the make every excuse not to honor it. 

They let you join a pre order list to their saving grace

20 minutes ago, Satsuki Kusakabe said:

This PO is such a train wreck for collectors :(.  I'm tired of refreshing sites and checking my email.  WTH BANDAI

Bandai has figured it out. They know most macross/gundam folk are in the same category as the Star Wars/Transformers nerds. You can sell them trash and they will keep coming back and buying it because "Nostalgia". I hate to say it but the VF-25  & Frontier line up was a perfect example of that between the weak joints, poor paint and instant yellowing. 

4 hours ago, 68whiskey said:

Bandai has figured it out. They know most macross/gundam folk are in the same category as the Star Wars/Transformers nerds. You can sell them trash and they will keep coming back and buying it because "Nostalgia". I hate to say it but the VF-25  & Frontier line up was a perfect example of that between the weak joints, poor paint and instant yellowing. 

I agree 100%. Same thing happens with Saint Seiya and its products, especially myth cloth. At this point the only thing we can all do is stop buying products which we think are not worth certain prices. Otherwise i have the feeling this thing will be getting worst and worst.ù

47 minutes ago, Chunky001 said:

It's a total mess. If everyone had released on the same day/time we would at least know if we missed the PO and will have to wait for release day. Now we have "mystery PO" day every day until who knows when. This sucks and I'm really quite over it. My toy collecting has slowed way down over the past 1-2yrs. This was going to be my last big one. And of course it's a nightmare. Bandai really does suck sometimes.

I'm almost to the point that I'm done getting toys. Really, really close with Bandai. It's a more pleasurable experience getting 3rd party stuff out of no name manufacturers. Something is wrong here.

Yeah, this preorder is a mess. At least with Metal Builds and DX Chogokins you know at the end of the day that you either missed your shot (and have to source it via other means) or you have one secured.

I‘m so glad I didn’t get into this line when the Nu Gundam was announced. Although if they do a Metal Structure Hi-Nu I might not be able to resist…

Edited by Scyla

2 hours ago, Chunky001 said:

It's a total mess. If everyone had released on the same day/time we would at least know if we missed the PO and will have to wait for release day. Now we have "mystery PO" day every day until who knows when. This sucks and I'm really quite over it. My toy collecting has slowed way down over the past 1-2yrs. This was going to be my last big one. And of course it's a nightmare. Bandai really does suck sometimes.

I'm almost to the point that I'm done getting toys. Really, really close with Bandai. It's a more pleasurable experience getting 3rd party stuff out of no name manufacturers. Something is wrong here.

I actually consider myself lucky that i got pretty much everything i wanted in my collection by now(i started collecting anime mechas and figures in 1999). I feel really bad for the ones who started in the last few years...an hobby should be relaxing but now it's becoming almost nerve wracking.

I kinda think that Bandai didn’t realize that fans would have the money for this. It’s pretty expensive and shipping makes it even more expensive. I almost wouldn’t be too surprised if they end up increasing the production a bit for the high demand. But I wouldn’t count on it

6 minutes ago, Chunky001 said:

P Bandai and Bluefin (or whatever they're called now). Good luck getting one in the 5sec window they will be available.

I'm so over this.

Same.

I managed to order from 1 of the sites today, and then for whatever reason my order got cancelled.  Maybe because I had to use a reshipper since I'm not in the USA.

Edited by akai21

1 hour ago, moose said:

Any other possible places?

P bandi had the Nu I am hoping they will stock this too

that was not Pbandai it was Bluefinbrands , that is before the merge. They no longer have that site It will redirect you to Bandai x namco and depending what you order or want they redirect you again. 

38 minutes ago, moose said:

Honesty we just need a fix figuration of these two and that would be sufficient.

At this scale it's a beautiful brick .

they have the Chogokin Nu Version , waiting to be release on Pbandai site. Base on that they may release a chogokin version of the new Sazabi version like the Nu to pair it. 

That would be your best bet on smaller scale. 

Just throwing some speculation out there... what would the chances be that Japan shops were directed by Bandai (or Bandai is intentionally delaying the Japan shop allocations) just to drive the outside regional sales before opening up the actual Japan region sales?

My thought is because the MSRP for the Japan region is lower than what ie. US and other regional distributors can offer in their regions, therefore by releasing outside regions ie. US before opening the majority of Japan sales would be preventing many customers (scalpers and the like) to buy out their own regions first before Japan.

In a sense it doesnt help that scalpers will still scalp. It just means if scalpers start on higher prices... they'll just list higher in the beginning...? IDK, lol.

Just a thought, lol. 🤷‍♂️

Having multiple store pages opened and constantly refreshing is starting to affect my life.  It has been 4 days (I started Aug 1st because it is 2nd in Japan) glued in front of the computer, not able to sleep for more than 1 hour intervals due to FOMO (yet I still missed out on BBTS and USAGS).  For the time it takes me to write these lines have already gone through my tabs and refreshed twice LOL.