HLJ charged me $309 for the hi nu.

The retail price is 32000 yen, with the current exchange rate, I was hopping that it will be less.

What was the original yen price for this in HLJ? I can't seems to change the price to Yen in HLJ anymore.

Thinking of ordering the hyper bazooka to get the shield, but no PO page available.

Anyone have the link for the p-bandai page that I can use for proxy service?

12 hours ago, Scyla said:

I think this usually the case. However, sometimes they change it. I missed the MB Hi-Nu preorder because it started an hour earlier.

I usually find out the date and hobby search puts a release time for preorders of standard items and figure out the places to shop from there. I don’t like using them for hot items because they instantly sell out. I’ve rarely had luck on their site but they usually have good info 

1 hour ago, kkx said:

HLJ charged me $309 for the hi nu.

The retail price is 32000 yen, with the current exchange rate, I was hopping that it will be less.

What was the original yen price for this in HLJ? I can't seems to change the price to Yen in HLJ anymore.

Thinking of ordering the hyper bazooka to get the shield, but no PO page available.

Go setting payment method it should be there to change. Hlj has a period of time selling things after Japanese sale tax which will be 10% higher.  Usually it should be 32000 but hlj set it 35200.

2 hours ago, kkx said:

Y35200

2 hours ago, kkx said:

https://p-bandai.jp/item/item-1000176257/

5 hours ago, carlsylar said:

Go setting payment method it should be there to change. Hlj has a period of time selling things after Japanese sale tax which will be 10% higher.  Usually it should be 32000 but hlj set it 35200.

I see. So they pocket the 10% extra.

5 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Thx. So the exchange rate they use is still a bit worse than what google uses. Even paypal rate of 127.1 yen to a dollar put 35200 at $276.95

So HLJ is price gouging big time. Over 10% extra.

Thx also for the pbandai link for the bazooka. Seems like ordering will start 16:00 1st Aug.

2 hours ago, 68whiskey said:

How does this work in US? Every time I try to log in it takes me to the "Language Selection" page and then it goes to the main page

Sometime it works, but most of the time the p-bandai page is region locked. You need a vpn that connect to a Japan server to see the page properly.

7 hours ago, carlsylar said:

I tried the payment setting yesterday before posting, not working. But today when I login to HLJ again, all prices is now in Yen. Seems like it take some time to take effect.

The more I think about this, the worst I feel about the price gauging of HLJ.

6 hours ago, kkx said:

Thx. So the exchange rate they use is still a bit worse than what google uses. Even paypal rate of 127.1 yen to a dollar put 35200 at $276.95

So HLJ is price gouging big time. Over 10% extra.

Thx also for the pbandai link for the bazooka. Seems like ordering will start 16:00 1st Aug.

I checked mine and HLJ charged my card $261.28. I purchased it using Yen currency during the preorder.

Also, I think HLJ is charging items with Japan tax included for a while now whether you’re a local or international customer. And they don’t give as much preorder discount anymore. I checked AmiAmi and their Japan site is also listed the Hi-Nu at Y35200. With 2% off during the initial preorder window.

My guess I think is that most Japan stores probably updated their policies regarding tax for international customers. Unless we’re buying it off from Mandarake which is still offering no-tax to international customers. 

9 hours ago, 68whiskey said:

How does this work in US? Every time I try to log in it takes me to the "Language Selection" page and then it goes to the main page

Yes. It needed to use VPN to access their main Japan site. Too bad for some reason they’re not offering this product on P-Bandai US. And it’s not even Macross.

But that’s the link to the item if you’re planning on using proxy sites. 

14 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

I checked mine and HLJ charged my card $261.28. I purchased it using Yen currency during the preorder.

Also, I think HLJ is charging items with Japan tax included for a while now whether you’re a local or international customer. And they don’t give as much preorder discount anymore. I checked AmiAmi and their Japan site is also listed the Hi-Nu at Y35200. With 2% off during the initial preorder window.

My guess I think is that most Japan stores probably updated their policies regarding tax for international customers. Unless we’re buying it off from Mandarake which is still offering no-tax to international customers. 

Not sure it really is just a tax thing, AE, HLJ and even Mandarake all have a listing at around 41k - 42k Yen post release. Funny enough I had to secure my Hi-Nu with a European shop which is exactly around that same price point.

Either the original MSRP was just for pre-order or all the JP shops are now somehow trying to overcompensate for currency inflation.

36 minutes ago, lechuck said:

Not sure it really is just a tax thing, AE, HLJ and even Mandarake all have a listing at around 41k - 42k Yen post release. Funny enough I had to secure my Hi-Nu with a European shop which is exactly around that same price point.

Either the original MSRP was just for pre-order or all the JP shops are now somehow trying to overcompensate for currency inflation.

Yes, we’re actually talking about the preorder price and what it was listed initially with or without the Japan sales tax. Hence, the discussion of the conversion to US$ upon its release.

Post release on the other hand, yes, I’m already seeing at Y40K and up.

1 hour ago, lechuck said:

That looks good. I’m not mad that I bought one but…

…the MG Ver. Ka looks so much better too me. I like the angular look (not a fan of the round fins to push the beam saber handles up on the MG kit) but something is missing in the legs.

I‘m also wondering what Bandai is planning to do next.

A Metal Structure Hi-Nu seems the logical choice, so does a Metal Build Sazabi. But I guess at the moment this would mean too much overlap in the lines.

Maybe the Hi-Nu will be the U.C. exception of n the MB line.

36 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Yes, we’re actually talking about the preorder price and what it was listed initially with or without the Japan sales tax. Hence, the discussion of the conversion to US$ upon its release.

Post release on the other hand, yes, I’m already seeing at Y40K and up.

One of the review in Japan said that on release day, there are tons of the hi nu in the shop near where he live and there is no problem getting one at all. So I am not expected to see it still goes up beyond the retail price.

Its seems to have plenty of supply.

1 hour ago, lechuck said:

I was checking yahoo japan listing prices, it is closing at 40K and above. So people are still paying that level.

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

I have not check my card yet (was using my wife's card, so can't check yet as she is away), was just looking at the price stated in the invoice.

Edit: but I suspect it will be $309, as I set the payment currency as USD wrongly.

Edited by kkx

On 7/30/2022 at 7:17 PM, tjdetweiler said:

I gambled w/ Lunapark w/ Sazabi last year (all paid incl shipping) for this price and I think it paid off :D So far they have been good and have delivered w/ no issues.

image.png.b16a2537dca9cd35a95d5d98e45771b4.png

Saw in a Facebook group that a guy who PO with LunaPaek and paid full in advance had his order canceled without notification... Still waiting to see if they refund him. Hope you have better luck, but given their track record I doubt they'll honor it especially with the higher MSRP than they listed it for. 

2 hours ago, leeboo1211 said:

Saw in a Facebook group that a guy who PO with LunaPaek and paid full in advance had his order canceled without notification... Still waiting to see if they refund him. Hope you have better luck, but given their track record I doubt they'll honor it especially with the higher MSRP than they listed it for. 

ah was it from LP? I did message and told me that it is secured from my side. He did mention though that the reason Bandai increased it - is because of the inflation and yen being down 30% - There is a possibility that I have to pay some differences.

Bandai has not officially released a price/date - but they might know someone in the inside or a wholesaler that offered that price to them.

So not cancelled for me but most likely would need to pay a difference. I'll keep you guys posted.

Edited by tjdetweiler

5 minutes ago, bleecher said:

When you get to the congested checkout page. Copy and paste that link into a new tab and the page should load. I was stuck in a loop and I think it has to do with cookies or something.

tried that, no luck.

2 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

150 dollars for a canon.  that's equals 19,825yen in todays exchange rate. that's the price of a valk, a metal build Gundam...

I know. The shield tip the scale for me. Bandai scam!

On 7/30/2022 at 12:58 AM, 68whiskey said:

Looks like 360 is out. If i can secure 2 pre orders then Ill PM you and we will get this sorted out. Because MS Sazabi is going to be priority when it comes to pre orders this month. 

Hey @68whiskey. I didn't notice this response. Sure, please prioritize the Sazabi first. And let's do PM if ever you decided on selling the extra shield. Good luck on the Metal Structure Sazabi PO. :good: 

13 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

150 dollars for a Hi-v canon.  that's equals 19,825yen in todays exchange rate. that's the price of a valk, a metal build Gundam...

Only pre order Metal Build Gundams in that range are those junk exia re releases. Everything else is 250 or higher normally. The cannon is also a Girthy SOB so it commands a premium 😁