25 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

That a new strike? ^_^

Yup. :rolleyes: It's the same mold. Probably slight differences on the color tints. And different markings. Based on available promotional photos, this one has simple markings compared to the previous releases. 

59 minutes ago, leeboo1211 said:

Same Strike, less markings, higher price. Kinda like swimwear and lingerie 😃

i gave up on getting every metal build, Bandai makes it impossible.  this makes me want to support KO's in spite of them. 

when metal build's started out it was pretty limited releases as Macross F in terms of reprints. 

now it's a sh!tshow, every single week is a strike x105 attachment they pull from U,C,, A.C. C.E and any universe imaginable.^_^

4 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

i gave up on getting every metal build, Bandai makes it impossible.  this makes me want to support KO's in spite of them. 

when metal build's started out it was pretty limited releases as Macross F in terms of reprints. 

now it's a sh!tshow, every single week is a strike x105 attachment they pull from U,C,, A.C. C.E and any universe imaginable.^_^

Yeah. I’m getting tired of the line. It’s usually a very small pool of metal build molds that they re-use. Some iteration of an Astray, Exia, Strike, Wing, or Crossbone but…

7 hours ago, davidwhangchoi said:

I hope they make a de active color strike

I think it was Metal Club but someone made a KO Strike Freedom and KO Destiny in DeActive color scheme.

6 hours ago, davidwhangchoi said:

I feel the same way. Bandai has milked the Strike Frame , Astray Frame and now Crossbone frame to no end. The other thing killing me is Bandais quality control, the paint quality isnt as good as it was Pre Covid (especially on Trans Am Raiser re release). Ive also noticed there is some false advertising going on too. The Type F and Gundam Crossbone X0 are examples of this. The colors we see and the colors they are releasing the figure in seem to be lackluster from what was originally shown. Its gotten so bad Ive started buying Macross planes or KO figures  to fuel the addiction 

9 hours ago, Grey728 said:

Yeah. I’m getting tired of the line. It’s usually a very small pool of metal build molds that they re-use. Some iteration of an Astray, Exia, Strike, Wing, or Crossbone but…

:lol:

3 hours ago, 68whiskey said:

I think it was Metal Club but someone made a KO Strike Freedom and KO Destiny in DeActive color scheme.

I feel the same way. Bandai has milked the Strike Frame , Astray Frame and now Crossbone frame to no end. The other thing killing me is Bandais quality control, the paint quality isnt as good as it was Pre Covid (especially on Trans Am Raiser re release). Ive also noticed there is some false advertising going on too. The Type F and Gundam Crossbone X0 are examples of this. The colors we see and the colors they are releasing the figure in seem to be lackluster from what was originally shown. Its gotten so bad Ive started buying Macross planes or KO figures  to fuel the addiction 

:good:

1 hour ago, crackpot said:

In spite of these tiresome rehashes, people still fawn over most MB releases which is a shame. 

:unsure:

I find it oddly ironic/hilarious that for macross we have super specific fast/super/armor packs for our VF-31s while the metal build Strike/Astray line continue to get new backpack/accessories. I have one Aile Strike as well as Red/Blue/Black/White Astrays that already came with a backpack but we have like 10 different accessories now that we can mix and match in addition to the already provided accessories. 

Is this really what the metal build infinity was meant to be?

3 minutes ago, Grey728 said:

I find it oddly ironic/hilarious that for macross we have super specific fast/super/armor packs for our VF-31s while the metal build Strike/Astray line continue to get new backpack/accessories. I have one Aile Strike as well as Red/Blue/Black/White Astrays that already came with a backpack but we have like 10 different accessories now that we can mix and match in addition to the already provided accessories. 

So the excessive backpacks and options are actual cannon in the Gundam Seed series. You see it the Gundam Seed anime with the Strike Gundam and the manga creators ran with the concept. I would say Gundam Seed is very "backpack heavy" compared to other Gundam series. I imagine this works well for Bandai because they can make one Strike/Astray MB figure and keep re-selling it with a new backpack. Personally I passed on the previous Strike releases. However I will pre-order the IWSP pack and get an MB Strike for it. 

Also all in for the Strike Noir, I love the design and OVA. 

18 minutes ago, General Rasp said:

So the excessive backpacks and options are actual cannon in the Gundam Seed series. You see it the Gundam Seed anime with the Strike Gundam and the manga creators ran with the concept. I would say Gundam Seed is very "backpack heavy" compared to other Gundam series. I imagine this works well for Bandai because they can make one Strike/Astray MB figure and keep re-selling it with a new backpack. Personally I passed on the previous Strike releases. However I will pre-order the IWSP pack and get an MB Strike for it. 

Also all in for the Strike Noir, I love the design and OVA. 

Fair point. Options are definitely nice to have. But holy crap look at this image. 

May be an image of text

2 minutes ago, Grey728 said:

Fair point. Options are definitely nice to have. But holy crap look at this image. 

May be an image of text

Why don’t you want to give us a Metal Build Skygrapser Bandai? WHY???

5 hours ago, Grey728 said:

Employee pitch: we'll call it metal build infinity because we'll try to release infinity backpacks for the Strike.

Bandai exec: I like it! 

4 hours ago, Scyla said:

Why don’t you want to give us a Metal Build Skygrapser Bandai? WHY???

That'll be for the 100th year SEED anniversary and will coincide with the 25th repaint of the Strike Gundam.

I really want that IWSP but, only of I could track down a Rouge.

Strike Noir should be interesting. The MG Noir amd Aile are very different in the limbs even if the design is similar. Would do well to set up Akatsuki too!

33 minutes ago, Rock said:

I really want that IWSP but, only of I could track down a Rouge.

Strike Noir should be interesting. The MG Noir amd Aile are very different in the limbs even if the design is similar. Would do well to set up Akatsuki too!

If you don't mind a KO Strike Rouge, Gundamit has a Metal Kingdom one for preorder. ;) 

16 hours ago, Grey728 said:

I think the Metal Build line was specifically and intentionally designed for @carlsylar personal enjoyment. His images and over the top load outs are always awesome. 

I’m glad you like them. I’m kinda disappointed since Bandai is just keep repainting. Also the IWSP pack is not that awesome in a MB line.