2 hours ago, davidwhangchoi said:

gundam scale 

i wonder where hi-v stands?

Nice video, @davidwhangchoi. Thanks for sharing. :good: 

As height goes, Hi-Nu stands besides Turn A at 20m. He's 2m shorter than Nu. Before finding out back then the official size, I thought Hi-Nu is taller than Nu. :rolleyes:

50 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Nice video, @davidwhangchoi. Thanks for sharing. :good: 

As height goes, Hi-Nu stands besides Turn A at 20m. He's 2m shorter than Nu. Before finding out back then the official size, I thought Hi-Nu is taller than Nu. :rolleyes:

I was super surprised when I but my newly finished MG Hi-Nu Ver. Ka next to the already finished MG Nu Ver. Ka and he was dwarfed by it. 

43 minutes ago, Scyla said:

I was super surprised when I but my newly finished MG Hi-Nu Ver. Ka next to the already finished MG Nu Ver. Ka and he was dwarfed by it. 

I know, and knowing that design-wise, Hi-Nu should somehow tower Nu. Or atleast share the same head height. ;) 

image.jpeg.a43de695ed1d920a30026f6d1f974e58.jpeg

Photo from Dalong.net.

It's interesting to see how the upcoming Metal Build Hi-Nu and the Chogokin RX-93ff Nu to be displayed together seeing that Tamashii listed them at 20.5 (Hi-Nu) and 20cm (Nu). :rolleyes:

18 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

It's interesting to see how the upcoming Metal Build Hi-Nu and the Chogokin RX-93ff Nu to be displayed together seeing that Tamashii listed them at 20.5 (Hi-Nu) and 20cm (Nu). :rolleyes:

PG RX-78 vs MS NU

IMG_0281.JPG.9f8278088a102d9ed9da5924a76fd5ff.JPG

4 hours ago, sqidd said:

PG RX-78 vs MS NU

IMG_0281.JPG.9f8278088a102d9ed9da5924a76fd5ff.JPG

Thanks for sharing @sqidd:hi:

But where's the Hi-Nu? I was actually referring to Hi-Nu and Nu on my previous post. And I'm curious to see how they will display together knowing that one is a Metal Build design and one under the Chogokin line, which I think it's close to how Nu Gundam looks compared to Hi-Nu's MB design. ;) :rolleyes:

tl;dr - The Exia designs are inconsistent. Does your MB Exia R4 have 1) GN cables? and 2) elbow guards?

This might not be completely apropos, but I figured I'd ask here since it involves the Exia R4, for which only a Metal Build exists in physical form. I have a MG kit of the Exia R3 (that has parts to build the Exia, Exia R2, or Exia R3) that I'm converting to an R4 via a conversion kit (that appears to have recast some parts wholesale from the Metal Build), and I'm confused as to which certain parts to use. (The conversion kit is made with base MG Exia in mind, but omits some parts that it arguably "should" include.)

1) Can someone explain the existence or omission of GN cables between versions? The R2 supposedly does away with the GN cables (all of them, not just the obvious ones in the shoulders and thighs), but they find their way back in artwork for the R3, only for some to disappear again for the R4. (And obviously the R4 gets the one shoulder cable back again.) From the promotional images, the Metal Builds don't seem to bother to get rid of them between releases, beyond the shoulder/thigh cables. Is this the case?

2) Similarly, do the forearms change between Metal Build variants? The artwork suggests that the R2 gains elbow guards, the R3 returns to the original Exia forearms, and the R4 re-upgrades to the R2 elbow guards. Interestingly, the MG instructions tell me to build the R3 with the R2 elbow guards, indicating that either the artwork is wrong and the Exia R3 "canonically" is patterned on the R2 design with minor revisions, or the model kit is "inaccurate"... Meanwhile, the Metal Build pics I've seen indicate they do not have different forearms/elbows, and the R4 conversion kit seems to follow in their stead as it does not include the R2-style forearms.

For reference, the inconsistencies in artwork:

Z8uiLt1.jpg

Not sure how to answer it properly since each release varies and it doesn't really follow the lineart 100%. So what I did is compile photos from Hacchaka close to the lineart above to show comparison of each Metal Build variants.

Do note that in order to achieve R2 and R3, you have to use the main body of Exia. And replace certain parts such as elbow, knee, shin, thigh covers, etc. So in this case, the GN Cable on the side torso are visible on all Repair variants including R4 (last couple of photos). Also notice that R2 and R3 are using the same rear skirt for Metal Build whereas R2 lineart shows differently.

------------------------

Edit: I'm going to try to answer it the way I understand the question and how I see what's available in Metal Build.

1.) I'm not sure how the canon story for each Repair model describe the visibility of the GN cable in between Repair models. But yes, as far as I know regarding Metal Build figures, the R2 kinds of eliminated the GN cable by swappings parts, only to display it back again in some parts of R3 and R4.

2.) Base forearms didn't change in between variants except for R2, which is a swappable part. R4 also still uses the base forearm/backarm design. I see what it has on the lineart you posted above. At this point, I'm not sure if this is more of like saving production cost and not follow the elbow lineart. Same issue on the rear skirt that I mentioned above. On all of this releases, there's no rear skirt armor that looks like what it has on the R2 lineart. So technically, it's hard to compare them and to see which one is more 'canon'.

And also, consider that Metal Build line is kind of stylized approach on these Gundams, I wouldn't recommend to compare it to lineart. Though I have to say that on all of their Metal Build releases, I think the 00 line is super close to the lineart than the others.

------------------------

Anyways, hope you find what you're seeking based on the photos below. ;) 

mb_exia.jpg.215a3d9345f7f8028e540189a92a66a2.jpg

mb_exia_R2.jpg.9c16b966cb4dc787b97b4625db24531d.jpg

mb_exia_R3.jpg.8c52584b26b8e8a3ce848a6d7a512d5d.jpg

mb_exia_R4.jpg.e4c17c6543442adb81753425a9273ef5.jpg

image.jpeg.98cd528cf073ed1598e30078950a3734.jpeg

image.jpeg.f12c7e7a901d411ad66d517d19f91bf9.jpeg

Photos from Hacchaka.net.

Edited by no3Ljm

Thanks for the insight. Gah, of course I should have looked at reviews as well! :D

According to the wiki, the R2 internalizes the previously exposed cables, not eliminates them. The R3 I assumed would have kept that feature, but apparently it switches to a GN condenser instead of a true GN drive, which might explain the return to the older style forearms... but not thighs? Grumble grumble grumble... :D And the R4 uses a GN Tau drive...

As for the back skirt armor, I chalk that up to stylization, as aside from the splash of blue, the shape of it seem to be the same. (Of course, the model kits maintain this difference in color... Gjrjdkeidhfjskeirbr :lol:)

Edited by kajnrig

You're welcome @kajnrig. If you're going to do some custom, I say just follow the lineart instead of the Metal Build variants.

As for the rear skirt between R2 and R4, the MG kits shows more differentiation than its MB counterpart. How I wish they did the same on the Metal Build though.

mg_exia_R2_R3.jpg.8b1668f1e30ebc4c7a5aa1af1f2a7c5e.jpg

1 hour ago, kajnrig said:

Sigh... I must have been looking at different Exia kits or something, then, I dunno.

grumblegrumblwfriggin' three Grades with different versions in each grade and some are pbandai and some aren't andgrumble grumble grumble

Looking back on the MG Exia Repair III kit below, it sports the R2 elbow armor. The R3 lineart is using Exia's elbow, same on MB figure, whereas on the MG kit it's using R2 elbow armor. So I think it's just best if you follow the official lineart if you want to make your own MG R4. ;) 

image.jpeg.cea61c5cdf3c3242c307bc7d2bd6058b.jpeg

Edited by no3Ljm

8 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Now Planning...

Altron

image.jpeg.9396ee50c30120edcb1fd830ac0d8aed.jpeg

I guess this is a good sign that we'll get heavyarms and sandrock too. I skipped the zero and epyon release, but DSH and HA kai were my favs from the tv show.

9 hours ago, 68whiskey said:

Thanks for posting up the links to deathscythe. I normally dont step into the MRS line ups but this might be an exception

If it makes you feel any better, so far the Wing MRS are slightly larger than 1/144 counterparts.