2 minutes ago, Scyla said:

They are custom made by a company specialized in doing displays for stores and museums.

The only downsides are that they are pricey (but as pricey as the ones for the museums) and heavy. The ones in the images weigh about 265 lbs each.

Where are they from?

@no3Ljm The were around $1100 (incl. 20% sales tax) and the are 90x52x200 cm (roughly 35“x20“x79“).

@sqidd The company is based in Europe, so I don’t know if you still are interested in them. I can send you a link to their web page if you want.

Edited by Scyla

10 minutes ago, Scyla said:

@no3Ljm The were around $1100 (incl. 20% sales tax) and the are 90x52x200 cm (roughly 35“x20“x79“).

@sqidd The company is based in Europe, so I don’t know if you still are interested in them. I can send you a link to their web page if you want.

Ahhh, I see why you didn't link them. Shipping would be impossible for most of us.

I was just curious more than anything. I've got 8 cabs like that and I was just curious how they compared price, size and feature wise. I get asked about mine all of the time (which are $1900) and if there was an alternative, especially one for less money, I'd like to be able to point people that way.

Does yours have lighting?

Edited by sqidd

1 minute ago, sqidd said:

Ahhh, I see why you didn't link them. Shipping would be impossible for most of us.

I was just curious more than anything. I've got 8 cabs like that and I was just curious how they compared price, size and feature wise. I get asked about mine all of the time (which are $1900) and if there was an alternative, especially one for less money, I'd like to be able to point people that way.

I have another one for my Lego Star Wars collection. I’ll put an image in the Lego thread. :p

19 minutes ago, Scyla said:

8 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Does yours have lighting?

Thanks @Scyla and @sqidd! :good: 

I have a limited wall space in the new house that we moved. Though my wife gave me this one wall that I can use to display my 'clutter'. :lol: It's a wall that it's indent (if this is the correct term), which I can mount some shelves and put a plexiglass as a sliding door or something. The depth is somehow a foot so I think that's a good space for a good amount of figures to display. In which I think I will rotate figures to display since I can't display the whole lot. The reason of asking prices, atleast I will have idea how much to save if I should go glass shelves, that way, the light that I'm planning on putting on top will pass through.

Edited by no3Ljm

18 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Thanks @Scyla and @sqidd! :good: 

I have a limited wall space in the new house that we moved. Though my wife gave me this one wall that I can use to display my 'clutter'. :lol: It's a wall that it's indent (if this is the correct term), which I can mount some shelves and put a plexiglass as a sliding door or something. The depth is somehow a foot so I think that's a good space for a good amount of figures to display. In which I think I will rotate figures to display since I can't display the whole lot. The reason of asking prices, atleast I will have idea how much to save if I should go glass shelves, that way, the light that I'm planning on putting on top will pass through.

I've got a "nook" (I think that's what they are called) like that in my office that I'm doing something similar with. I haven't decided what approach I'm going to take with it yet. I'm waiting for the RAH Unit 13 and its crazy long spears to get released so I can measure them up, see how much room they take, the execute a plan.

How big is your nook L x W? Depending on how big it is you may want to consider more lights. I can send some experience your way.

30 minutes ago, sqidd said:

I've got a "nook" (I think that's what they are called) like that in my office that I'm doing something similar with. I haven't decided what approach I'm going to take with it yet. I'm waiting for the RAH Unit 13 and its crazy long spears to get released so I can measure them up, see how much room they take, the execute a plan.

How big is your nook L x W? Depending on how big it is you may want to consider more lights. I can send some experience your way.

Oh! A "nook"! I always say it 'indent wall' for some reason. Hahaha! :lol: Thanks @sqidd!

The size I have is 72.5"W x 67"H x 15"D. Sorry for my ignorance. When you're referring to Length, is it more the Width or Depth? Also, the wall I have is textured. It's been like that before the move. Again not sure the accurate term for that texture wall. Hehehe. :lol:  Do I need to fill it or sand it to make the wall smoother or I can just leave it as is so it looks the same as the other walls in the house? Just so you know the texture doesn't bother me that much. I'm just thinking of other scenario/possibilities for it. ;)

Edited by no3Ljm

58 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Oh! A "nook"! I always say it 'indent wall' for some reason. Hahaha! :lol: Thanks @sqidd!

The size I have is 72.5"W x 67"H x 15"D. Sorry for my ignorance. When you're referring to Length, is it more the Width or Depth? Also, the wall I have is textured. It's been like that before the move. Again not sure the accurate term for that texture wall. Hehehe. :lol:  Do I need to fill it or sand it to make the wall smoother or I can just leave it as is so it looks the same as the other walls in the house? Just so you know the texture doesn't bother me that much. I'm just thinking of other scenario/possibilities for it. ;)

I may not be right on that nook thing.:D Could be a "cubby" too I guess.:unknw:

That's a big "nook/cubby"! You're going to need a lot of light unless you only want to light up the first couple of shelves (from the top). Check out this pic. The top shelf is lit from the top with two 1500 lumen bulbs and from the side with two 240 lumen bulbs. Each shelf below has two 240 lumen bulbs per shelf on the sides.

-This cab has a 38" internal width. You're almost double that.

-The top lights barely do anything for the second shelf on down. The more stuff you have on the shelves the worse the down facing light performance.

-The side lights are noticeably dimmer in the middle of the shelf. You have twice the distance to light.

My cabs are lit at 3 lumen/ sq in. If you want to do the same or nearly the same you're going to need about 15,000 lumens. There is no way you're going to do that from just the top. And if you did they would be as bright as the sun up high and not great in as you work you way down. And probably pretty crappy at the bottom. I'm thinking about using LED tape to light mine. At least around the perimeter. Maybe on each shelf. Here is a link to some of that tape. It comes in all sorts of flavors. Have fun!

https://www.superbrightleds.com/cat/single-color-flexible-led-strip-lights/?gclid=Cj0KCQjwjN-SBhCkARIsACsrBz5niPITG4eIot4k_KuP12u1WzbpHc5FAawlssFxwROHQ0_no5XsUfIaAnx5EALw_wcB

1683373104_PerfeactGradeUnicorn1.jpg.c7471bc429171f97dea8cac7042095ea.jpg

10 minutes ago, sqidd said:

I may not be right on that nook thing.:D Could be a "cubby" too I guess.:unknw:

That's a big "nook/cubby"! You're going to need a lot of light unless you only want to light up the first couple of shelves (from the top). Check out this pic. The top shelf is lit from the top with two 1500 lumen bulbs and from the side with two 240 lumen bulbs. Each shelf below has two 240 lumen bulbs per shelf on the sides.

-This cab has a 38" internal width. You're almost double that.

-The top lights barely do anything for the second shelf on down. The more stuff you have on the shelves the worse the down facing light performance.

-The side lights are noticeably dimmer in the middle of the shelf. You have twice the distance to light.

My cabs are lit at 3 lumen/ sq in. If you want to do the same or nearly the same you're going to need about 15,000 lumens. There is no way you're going to do that from just the top. And if you did they would be as bright as the sun up high and not great in as you work you way down. And probably pretty crappy at the bottom. I'm thinking about using LED tape to light mine. At least around the perimeter. Maybe on each shelf. Here is a link to some of that tape. It comes in all sorts of flavors. Have fun!

https://www.superbrightleds.com/cat/single-color-flexible-led-strip-lights/?gclid=Cj0KCQjwjN-SBhCkARIsACsrBz5niPITG4eIot4k_KuP12u1WzbpHc5FAawlssFxwROHQ0_no5XsUfIaAnx5EALw_wcB

1683373104_PerfeactGradeUnicorn1.jpg.c7471bc429171f97dea8cac7042095ea.jpg

Thanks for the feedback/opinion. It helps on deciding on what to do. It's all in the planning stage for now. Reason also is that if light will not pass from top to bottom the way I wanted to, I'm thinking of just use a wood shelf in between, that way I can just put lights under each shelf like those we see in the department store showcase cabinets. And with the width I have, I really need to think of the glass shelf. Like how sturdy and not going to wave as much if I decided to put bigger figures. So the glass won't stress as much.

Anyways, thanks! It helps a lot. :good: 

59 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Thanks for the feedback/opinion. It helps on deciding on what to do. It's all in the planning stage for now. Reason also is that if light will not pass from top to bottom the way I wanted to, I'm thinking of just use a wood shelf in between, that way I can just put lights under each shelf like those we see in the department store showcase cabinets. And with the width I have, I really need to think of the glass shelf. Like how sturdy and not going to wave as much if I decided to put bigger figures. So the glass won't stress as much.

Anyways, thanks! It helps a lot. :good: 

Any time.

You can look up the load bearing ability of glass online. I found a calculator once where you put a couple of bits of info in and it will spit out a number. Yours would be WIDE though that's for sure. And I'm guessing at least $300 in glass.

Wood shelves with lights under each one sure would be a LOT easier and less expensive.

56 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

So I did Googled the "nook/cubby" wall. It's called "wall niches", also known as 'art niches' and 'wall cutouts'. ;) 

I'm 0 for 2!:rofl:

Metal Robot Damashii FF-X29A G-Part HRUDUDU & ADVANCED Parts Set
September 2022 Release
April 28, 2022 Preorder starts
Tamashii Web Exclusive

image.jpeg.92c2257cea077224465fc60c884d8531.jpeg

It comes with 2 Hrududus! Nice! :good: 

Edited by no3Ljm

Ooooff. Luna Park has the Chogokin RX-93ff for Y39800? Ouch. :vava:

https://www.lunapark.store/product-page/chogokin-rx-93ff-ν-gundam-japan-version

I hope Bandai will be true to their statement posted in the product page:

※一般流通での販売はございません。 ※この商品は後日バンダイナムコグループ公式通販サイト、海外での販売も予定しております。

* Not available for general distribution. * This product will be sold on the Bandai Namco Group official mail order site and overseas at a later date.

:rolleyes:

9 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Ooooff. Luna Park has the Chogokin RX-93ff for Y39800? Ouch. :vava:

https://www.lunapark.store/product-page/chogokin-rx-93ff-ν-gundam-japan-version

I hope Bandai will be true to their statement posted in the product page:

※一般流通での販売はございません。 ※この商品は後日バンダイナムコグループ公式通販サイト、海外での販売も予定しております。

* Not available for general distribution. * This product will be sold on the Bandai Namco Group official mail order site and overseas at a later date.

:rolleyes:

Why would anyone pay that much though? Based on what happened to the Chogokin RX78F00, Bandai will flood the market with multiple batches again.

29 minutes ago, Snorly said:

Why would anyone pay that much though? Based on what happened to the Chogokin RX78F00, Bandai will flood the market with multiple batches again.

Because same as RX-78F00, the first batch release is exclusive on-site. Meaning RX-93ff will be only available at the LaLaPort Fukuoka. So technically you have to go there physically, probably fall in line, and buy the merch. That takes time, transportation, and food to the proxy buyer. Hence the extra amount. And these are for people who wants to get it fast and not minding on paying more.

Seeing this time that Bandai put the notice above on the RX-93ff, then it's mostly they will release it on other retailers afterwards. Whereas with RX-78F00 back then, there wasn't any announcement that it will become available outside the venue. So mostly everyone paid premium for it. Who knew that Bandai took notice and decided on making the RX-78F00 available afterwards, right?

Now, let's just hope that Bandai will be true to that 'RX-93ff will be available overseas at a later date' statement. Cross fingers coz I want one. :rolleyes:

7 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Because same as RX-78F00, the first batch release is exclusive on-site. Meaning RX-93ff will be only available at the LaLaPort Fukuoka. So technically you have to go there physically, probably fall in line, and buy the merch. That takes time, transportation, and food to the proxy buyer. Hence the extra amount. And these are for people who wants to get it fast and not minding on paying more.

Seeing this time that Bandai put the notice above on the RX-93ff, then it's mostly they will release it on other retailers afterwards. Whereas with RX-78F00 back then, there wasn't any announcement that it will become available outside the venue. So mostly everyone paid premium for it. Who knew that Bandai took notice and decided on making the RX-78F00 available afterwards, right?

Now, let's just hope that Bandai will be true to that 'RX-93ff will be available overseas at a later date' statement. Cross fingers coz I want one. :rolleyes:

Ahh, I keep forgetting its another exclusive for the 1:1 statue... Going to start crossing my fingers too, As much as I love my MB/Chogokin, I don't want to pay 39k...

9 minutes ago, recon said:

GFFMC Wing Zero Early Color Ver production shots

Wait. Why is Deathscythe in there? Is bandai hinting something

Yep. That image with the Deathscythe has been posted since Wing got announced months ago. During the Tamashii Nations Live 2021. It was one of the key image in their markeing promotion.

Edited by no3Ljm

15 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Yep. That image with the Deathscythe has been posted since Wing got announced months ago. During the Tamashii Nations Live 2021. It was one of the key image in their markeing promotion.

I see. In terms of deathscythe design, i still prefer the endless waltz ver cos it is like the devil advocate itself 

1 hour ago, recon said:

I see. In terms of deathscythe design, i still prefer the endless waltz ver cos it is like the devil advocate itself 

I would love to see the Endless Waltz versions of the other Gundams in GFFMC format. If Bandai can use the existing Wing frame for Deathscythe it is only a matter of time before we see the Endless Waltz ver.