9 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

SoC?! Yes! :yahoo: I hope that there will be an official 'Nu' color down the line. ;) 

Do we know what the specs of the SoC RX93FF will be?

If it is similar in size, material and gimmicks, why not release it in the GFFMC or MB line?

Edited by Scyla

6 minutes ago, Scyla said:

Do we know what the specs of the SoC RX93FF will be?

If it is similar in size, material and gimmicks, why not release it in the GFFMC or MB line?

Probably the same spec/scale as the previous SoC RX-78F00. Probably it will have a lighting gimmick like the RX's.

Here's a screenshot from the event.

1704475679_ScreenShot2022-03-17at9_38_57AM.png.d283006d05c37a41fd6357bfde1f36d2.png

1854756417_ScreenShot2022-03-17at9_39_35AM.png.b6f3b78e1354b7ad6f850fed70c34dba.png

Edited by no3Ljm

Looks like it's in-scale with the MB Hi-Nu*.

1900550014_ScreenShot2022-03-17at9_44_36AM.png.209974916c680b4a29e27243d58fb11a.png

*Scratch that. After a second look, it feels like the Nu is in the same height as the Hi-Nu in spite of the display stand, which IMHO it shouldn't because Nu is taller than Hi-Nu based on their official height specs. 22m for Nu. 20m for Hi-Nu.

Edited by no3Ljm

For those insterested. There's an upcoming book focusing on Metal Build produced by HobbyJapan. To be released in April 2022 for Y3850.

This book looks over the ten-year history of Bandai's METAL BUILD series of finished robot toys! All items that have been released up to now will be photographed in detail and discussed; the latest items to be announced will be covered as much as possible. Development sketches and interviews with development staff are also included, giving you a glimpse into the commitment and enthusiasm put into each item. The "Alternative Strike" and "Metal Build Dragon Scale" spinoff brands will also be covered.

All text is in Japanese.

https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail/?gcode=MED-BOOK-027482

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10861096

https://www.hlj.com/metal-build-historia-hbj62799

31 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

For those insterested. There's an upcoming book focusing on Metal Build produced by HobbyJapan. To be released in April 2022 for Y3850.

Interesting. Maybe they'll have an article in there that takes a deep dive into why they keep releasing the same product over and over and just change the accessories or give it a new paint job. Sometimes both even! How crazy is that!

I'm rewatching the streaming event. And I'm really glad that the RX-93ff's head doesn't look too 'Metal Build-ized' where the top of the head section is too thick. Right now, my impression on the head proportion is more like Master Grade-ish. Which IMO it looks better. :good: 

1649681211_ScreenShot2022-03-17at6_00_25PM.png.59a00894f677f58ea251e08c82d76b05.png

"The reveal of the Gundam Devise Exia, a new variant of Gundam Exia, which debuts in METAL BUILD and Gundam 00 series CG animated collaboration project titled Mobile Suit Gundam 00: Revealed Chronicle.

Director Mizushima mentioned that while the CG presentation will not be a full anime, it will still be helping to connect some missing links between the seasons 1 and 2 of the original anime series. It will also discuss and unveil the mysteries of the Double Drive system and will feature new mobile suit designs for the 4 main protagonists of the series.

The new Exia variant features never-before-seen equipment including its significant GN Devise Backpack that can be extended with arm units to hold its smaller weapons. Gundam Devise Exia also flexes its main weapon, Proto GN Luster Sword that can be housed in the center of the its backpack when not in use.

Gundam Devise Exia is set to release this October 2022 for 22,000 Yen." -GKC

GUNDAM-DEVISE-EXIA.jpg

How does this Exia bridge the gap between S1/S2 of OO when it was thrashed and patched together? This would have to be some off-scene story that ran between the episodes of S1 I guess?

Edited by Rock

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

I'm rewatching the streaming event. And I'm really glad that the RX-93ff's head doesn't look too 'Metal Build-ized' where the top of the head section is too thick. Right now, my impression on the head proportion is more like Master Grade-ish. Which IMO it looks better. :good: 

1649681211_ScreenShot2022-03-17at6_00_25PM.png.59a00894f677f58ea251e08c82d76b05.png

looks like this would be in preparation for an eventual MB NU?

22 hours ago, Rock said:

How does this Exia bridge the gap between S1/S2 of OO when it was thrashed and patched together? This would have to be some off-scene story that ran between the episodes of S1 I guess?

The new story takes place after Episode 13 of Season 1.

https://tamashii.jp/item_character/gundam_oo_rc/

アザディスタンでの紛争を非武装で解決した刹那・F・セイエイ。しかし、武力による戦争の根絶を掲げる ソレスタルビーイングにとって、それはあくまでも例外的な介入であった。 一方で、世界は密かに協力し、反撃計画を進めていた。 ソレスタルビーイングは、「ダブルドライヴ」システムの研究によって、 さらなるガンダムの強化を進めるのだった…

Setsuna F. Seiei successfully solved the situation in Azadistan. However, for Celestial Being that only a temporary intervention. Meanwhile, the world worked in secret on a plan of retaliation. Celestial Being through their "Double Drive" research further strengthened Gundam technology...

Edited by no3Ljm

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

I hope so. And they just need to make him a little bit taller than Hi-Nu. :good: 

Are there normally sculpt/mold differences between successive MB variants? I dont have any MB's. 😁

Might bite if a MB NU is out...and eventually....is a MB Sazabi a possibility??😵

Edited by seti88

18 hours ago, seti88 said:

Are there normally sculpt/mold differences between successive MB variants? I dont have any MB's. 😁

Might bite if a MB NU is out...and eventually....is a MB Sazabi a possibility??😵

I only have MB Exia's, 00/Qant's, Freedom, & Strike Freedom. What I can tell based on what I have is that most of the 00 based Gundams that I have, IMHO, they look close to their model kits counterpart. Whereas the Seed based Gundams such as the Strike/Freedom which I have, tends to be stylized and more angular. In which the heads, esp the top portion of the head, looks too thick for me compared to their model kits counterpart.

As for MB Nu, I hope there will be after the Chogokin RX-93ff release. But then, I also did wish that there might be an MB RX-78-2 after they released the Chogokin RX-78F00. But as of now, nada. MB Sazabi would be cool too. ;) 

17 hours ago, anime52k8 said:

That sure was a lot of Dynames in that PV for an Exia variant. I wonder why that might be? 🙄

They're actually planning the MB Dynames and the GN-Arms as mentioned in the event. ;)

image.jpeg.76f76d412146dc77bcbd3a573a80d034.jpeg

image.jpeg.6e4e6b92794af7c94d1dc0b695c4490f.jpeg

They're also hinted that the 'Devise' Backpack is also going to be compatible with Kyrios and Virtue. Who knows if those will get made, right? :rolleyes:

kyrios_devise.png.8730f60ec8120ee9be8938b747e1715f.png

virtue_devise.png.fd35edb5830b40b44c14a4ac992976f6.png

4 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

I only have MB Exia's, 00/Qant's, Freedom, & Strike Freedom. What I can tell based on what I have is that most of the 00 based Gundams that I have, IMHO, they look close to their model kits counterpart. Whereas the Seed based Gundams such as the Strike/Freedom which I have, tends to be stylized and more angular. In which the heads, esp the top portion of the head, looks too thick for me compared to their model kits counterpart.

As for MB Nu, I hope there will be after the Chogokin RX-93ff release. But then, I also did wish that there might be an MB RX-78-2 after they released the Chogokin RX-78F00. But as of now, nada. MB Sazabi would be cool too. ;) 

They're actually planning the MB Dynames and the GN-Arms as mentioned in the event. ;)

They're also hinted that the 'Devise' Backpack is also going to be compatible with Kyrios and Virtue. Who knows if those will get made, right? :rolleyes:

Gotcha. Might be a long wait for a MB NU. Wallets sighs relief but then again when it does come out....its gonna be even more...😰

30 minutes ago, HayateAltoHunter said:

Still no updates on the metal structure Sazabi?  

The one thing we all want and Bandai wont drop that pre order. I think we are all over the Exia, Strike, and Red/Blue/Gold frame releases at this point. 

1 hour ago, seti88 said:

Gotcha. Might be a long wait for a MB NU. Wallets sighs relief but then again when it does come out....its gonna be even more...😰

Just ask Carlsylar or David , they are going to order 3 to 5 at a time and Im sure they will have an extra :lol:

I was late on the Metal Build side of things and never was able to get any of the 00 MB series.

This Devise is quite alluring - especially so given that it looks quite a lot like the base Exia but with an updated backpack.  It's still super sleek and gosh that makes it look great. 

I might try to get onto the pre-order for it.  Generally what time does pre-orders open for these products in Japan time?  4pm there?

Where would be candidate locations I should refresh pages go for?

1 hour ago, dero said:

I was late on the Metal Build side of things and never was able to get any of the 00 MB series.

This Devise is quite alluring - especially so given that it looks quite a lot like the base Exia but with an updated backpack.  It's still super sleek and gosh that makes it look great. 

I might try to get onto the pre-order for it.  Generally what time does pre-orders open for these products in Japan time?  4pm there?

Where would be candidate locations I should refresh pages go for?

Usually it's 4pm Japan time. But there some rare instances it's 5pm.

Since this is a regular release, it's going to be available thru the regular Japanese online shops (AmiAmi, HLJ, HobbySearch, etc.).