3 hours ago, General Rasp said:

P-Bandai US put up pre-order pages for the reissue of the Caletvwlch, Flight Unit, and DDRAIG head option set.

Cavelwetch

https://p-bandai.com/us/item/N2492453001002

Flight Unit

https://p-bandai.com/us/item/N2492454001002

head piece 

https://p-bandai.com/us/item/N2593473001001

3 hours ago, davidwhangchoi said:

:lol: Hey whiskey! how's work treating you? You getting red frame? I'm going to pass after getting 2 red frames in the past

Work finally calmed down a bit. I’m ordering this monstrosity just to collect it. To embarrassing to display. I think you should get one too.

Bandai announced the next MGEX (extreme!!!!!) model kit... The Strike Freedom.

Unlike the last entry (Unicorn) which focused on LED Lighting, this entry will focus on the "extreme expression of metal" (presumably just the inner frame.)

I wonder if Bandai is testing a new market that merges the best of the Metal figure lines and Gunpla again following the somewhat HiRes flops.

https://bandai-hobby.net/site/mgex/

15 minutes ago, Rock said:

Unlike the last entry (Unicorn) which focused on LED Lighting, this entry will focus on the "extreme expression of metal" (presumably just the inner frame.)

I wonder if Bandai is testing a new market that merges the best of the Metal figure lines and Gunpla again following the somewhat HiRes flops.

No offense but that's more of a GunPla news rather than a Bandai Metal line. Since most of the metallics are just coating and not diecast parts.

Feel free to post it here:

Edited by no3Ljm

21 minutes ago, Rock said:

It’s probably metal frame with metal trim. The Chinese 3rd party market has been making metal frames for Gunpla for years now. They also have metal inserts and metal trim. Bandai just realized they are losing money and trying to fix it

13 minutes ago, 68whiskey said:

It’s probably metal frame with metal trim. The Chinese 3rd party market has been making metal frames for Gunpla for years now. They also have metal inserts and metal trim. Bandai just realized they are losing money and trying to fix it

I wish there were 3rd party metal frames for the PG's.

26 minutes ago, 68whiskey said:

It’s not metal frame. It’s coated as per the video.

D16ECA54-9C6C-46F9-9B08-F49FA1BB999C.png

FAEB16C2-AB31-4D2F-87EA-795DF177EA5D.png

5AA66D78-769F-4FFB-88D6-14C81FA9F977.png

E8B6D407-9ADF-477F-AF28-F4917DA11A43.png

9995FEBF-7844-4620-B506-BC37154453ED.png

E0B5F61F-9DFB-490B-B469-C8F47B5AEF7A.png

Edited by no3Ljm

I don’t think I understand the thinking for the two options. I understand that Bandai wants to give people the chance of owning the Red Dragon without buying the new Astray Red Frame as well but why doesn’t the set include the parts you need to make it one? Like the additional pods on the legs. And why not include the Neo Caletvwlch blades but the attachment pieces for the regular Caletvwlchs (that come with a version of said pieces). 
I’m confused :unknw:

22 minutes ago, Scyla said:

I don’t think I understand the thinking for the two options. I understand that Bandai wants to give people the chance of owning the Red Dragon without buying the new Astray Red Frame as well but why doesn’t the set include the parts you need to make it one? Like the additional pods on the legs. And why not include the Neo Caletvwlch blades but the attachment pieces for the regular Caletvwlchs (that come with a version of said pieces). 
I’m confused :unknw:

Because... Bandai?

6 hours ago, Draft said:

Dunno about full differences.

The thing I can think of are

- Rear and side boosters

- Neo Caletwlch

- Some silver part becomes black instead, ex. knee cap

- New grey vents at the dorsum of each foot.

- New decals

You guys notice anything else?

The calves (new molded sections from top to bottom)

Under the knee cap (new mold)

Crotch section (new mold)

Upper thigh section (new mold) for both the white outer armor and the red section under

The feet (new mold, not just paint, or maybe using the astray blue frame feet?)

Front skirts (new mold)

White Ankle(?) sections (new mold)

I noticed theyre using the first release astray red frame and not the alt version. I'd have to look at my alt ver to see of the noted sections (above) are the same or if its new molding entirely. 

https://www.1999.co.jp/itbig65/10656041a2.jpg

Almost a whole new lower half for the astray red dragonics compared to the kai alt strike ver

Edited by PsYcHoDyNaMiX

20 minutes ago, PsYcHoDyNaMiX said:

The calves (new molded sections from top to bottom)

Under the knee cap (new mold)

Crotch section (new mold)

Upper thigh section (new mold)

The feet (new mold, not just paint, or maybe using the astray blue frame feet?)

Front skirts (new mold)

White Ankle(?) sections (new mold)

I noticed theyre using the first release astray red frame and not the alt version. I'd have to look at my alt ver to see of the noted sections (above) are the same or if its new molding entirely. 

https://www.1999.co.jp/itbig65/10656041a2.jpg

Thanks, didn’t see the minor changes. At first glance I thought that the Red Dragonics uses some clasps like the Blue Frame for the missile pods on his legs. 

28 minutes ago, Grey728 said:

I hope the Metal Build line steers clear of SEED, 00, and Crossbone UC timelines...  We've had enough already.. MOVE ON! 

No , we need them to finish the 00 series with a Kyrios , virtue , Nadleh or Dynames sniper version. 

with our luck the turds at Bandai are going to release the basic Strike for the 6th time. Meanwhile I’m still over here waiting for an MB Heavy Arms, DeathScythe or 8th MS set 

Edited by 68whiskey

58 minutes ago, 68whiskey said:

No , we need them to finish the 00 series with a Kyrios , virtue , Nadleh or Dynames sniper version. 

with our luck the turds at Bandai are going to release the basic Strike for the 6th time. Meanwhile I’m still over here waiting for an MB Heavy Arms, DeathScythe or 8th MS set 

But if we follow Bandai's current release logic, they still have to release 5 variants of Dynames before we see anything new in the 00 series. I'm not willing to hold out that long.

18 minutes ago, Grey728 said:

But if we follow Bandai's current release logic, they still have to release 5 variants of Dynames before we see anything new in the 00 series. I'm not willing to hold out that long.

The sad part is your are probably right. 

they will have just the dynames for sale , the backpack sold separately now , then an add on rifle , then a re release of dynames without the backpack and then a re release of dynames but with a small change to the box or a Trans-Am dynames. 

Bandais milking the franchise has made it hard to stay in this hobby as they re release the same products while the quality control goes lower and lower 

On a positive note, Bandai is making it easier for me to break my toy collecting addiction so.. thanks Bandai? It wasn't too hard to ignore the last three recent Metal Build releases (Astrea Type-X, Crossbone Full Cloth Ghost, and now Red Astray Dragonlettersalad)

5 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

New METAL BUILD figure announcement coming March 17, 2022  7pm (JST) during GUNDAM FIGURES LIVE!! Event.

https://tamashii.jp/special/gundam-figure-live/

gundam_figures_live_announcemnt.jpg.119f01cacbb9b131dbdcefe84c4d4d70.jpg

SEED? Freedom reprint, new markings Soul 2022 version!

4 hours ago, General Rasp said:

I am going to put money on a Strike Noir.

how bout perfect strike gundam?

4 hours ago, Grey728 said:

I hope the Metal Build line steers clear of SEED, 00, and Crossbone UC timelines...  We've had enough already.. MOVE ON! 

now you jinxed it. 

New Exia repair V and VI inbound:lol:

5 hours ago, Grey728 said:

I would like them to at least release Infinity Justice, all inclusive Akatsuki version, Providence, and Legend THEN they can either drop the line or continue doing garish Astray variants that people continue to buy. 

I want them to complete Wing as well but at the speed they're releasing and focusing on variants, I may have quit this hobby entirely or the last of Wing or SEED fans don't care to spend money on toys anymore. I would say time is ticking against Bandai as well when both series become completely irrelevant.

Edited by crackpot

1 hour ago, Draft said:

Still waiting to see if they'll release the special version of Freedom (and Justice), likes what they did with the Soul Blue of Strike Freedom and Soul Red for Destiny.

Maybe the red Seven Sword will be the Tamashii Nations event exclusive this year.

Edited by Scyla

3 hours ago, Scyla said:

Maybe the red Seven Sword will be the Tamashii Nations event exclusive this year.

Kinda sure that Bandai will put out just a re-color of that mold without extra part, so I've already gone with the non-official one. lol

The OO 7 swords XN Raiser inspection color ver.

image.png

Edited by Draft

It's not a surprise that people might think that it's SEED related due to the image they're using to promote the Live Event plus the Seed logo beside the Robot Damashii announcement which I believe it's a confirmed Seed Robot Damashii due to the translation. However, I know Seed/00/Astray kind of sell, I only wish they do something different this time. Make it RX-93 & RX-78-2 (not Origin ver) and I'm done with Metal Builds. Hahaha! :lol: 

Edited by no3Ljm

20 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

It's not a surprise that people might think that it's SEED related due to the image they're using to promote the Live Event plus the Seed logo beside the Robot Damashii announcement which I believe it's a confirmed Seed Robot Damashii due to the translation. However, I know Seed/00/Astray kind of sell, I only wish they do something different this time. Make it RX-93 & RX-78-2 (not Origin ver) and I'm done with Metal Builds. Hahaha! :lol: 

If they do more Seed Gundams I hope they do the Impulse Gundam. Comes with two easy repaints too.

Edited by Scyla