I used to preorder my 2nd /backup MB from BBTS all the time., but once they started adding in the California Sales tax it added just a bit too much to the price.  

so if I need a 2nd one, I will just preorder or order it from Japan or a US site that still doesn't charge CA Tax or can give enough discount of offset the tax.  :lol:

1 hour ago, General Rasp said:

Below are the shipping quotes for one Metal Build Justice from Japan to Michigan. At this point for me I have to waiting for other purchases come in to make the shipping worth it. 

image.png.0a1ca42e8cb9962060050b6587416888.png

Thanks for this, @General Rasp. It really helps a lot on deciding. Earlier on, I'm thinking of moving my order to BBTS. So that I have 2 extra months to save. But due to the additional CA tax after its prize, I realize I'm going to pay $40+/- more. The MB Hi-Nu is already expensive to begin with. So saving $40 in the end really helps a lot. :good: 

45 minutes ago, F360 said:

I used to preorder my 2nd /backup MB from BBTS all the time., but once they started adding in the California Sales tax it added just a bit too much to the price.  

so if I need a 2nd one, I will just preorder or order it from Japan or a US site that still doesn't charge CA Tax or can give enough discount of offset the tax.  :lol:

True. 9% of $360 is really crazy. It's like paying aftermarket price already in preorder stage. :vava: 

Bluefin just posted that they will be distributing the Hi-Nu so now I'm just waiting on more US retailers to sell it. I'll probably cancel my HLJ pre-order if I can snag one in the US with free shipping and no tax.

Also, USAGundamStor just opened their PO for those still looking:

https://www.usagundamstore.com/collections/new/products/gundam-metal-build-rx-93-v2-hi-v-gundam

8 minutes ago, Grey728 said:

Bluefin just posted that they will be distributing the Hi-Nu so now I'm just waiting on more US retailers to sell it. I'll probably cancel my HLJ pre-order if I can snag one in the US with free shipping and no tax.

Also, USAGundamStor just opened their PO for those still looking:

https://www.usagundamstore.com/collections/new/products/gundam-metal-build-rx-93-v2-hi-v-gundam

Does USAGundamStore charge sales tax? Can't find any info on their FAQ page.

*Nevermind. I tried on putting the item in the cart to see the total. $402.83 shipped to CA.

Edited by no3Ljm

23 hours ago, AceXSpade said:

Has anyone pre-ordered from lunapark before? What are your experience? 

I got two Vf-31AX from them that came packed very well, but those are the only two orders i have with them that have shipped.

The other is the super parts for the 31ax, so i can give another update once those ship.

43 minutes ago, F360 said:

don't forget the 10% off coupon :lol:

38 minutes ago, Grey728 said:

Exactly! that usually cancels out the CA tax for me. I forgot all about that discount until you mentioned it.

That brings down to $362.54. Not bad. ;) 

My Metal Structure NU with Fin/Funnels gets delivered in the next few hours. From what I have heard the Fin/Funnels are pretty fiddly. I just looked for a YouTube video with a how too ...... and didn't come up with anything good. Does anyone have a go to? I want to be armed as well as I can be.

Thanks!:hail:

11 minutes ago, sqidd said:

My Metal Structure NU with Fin/Funnels gets delivered in the next few hours. From what I have heard the Fin/Funnels are pretty fiddly. I just looked for a YouTube video with a how too ...... and didn't come up with anything good. Does anyone have a go to? I want to be armed as well as I can be.

What about Wotafas video: 

56 minutes ago, Scyla said:

What about Wotafas video: 

For a 1/60 scale figure, that Fin Funnel metal bracket made sense due to its weight. Seeing how it was used, that means, there's no possibility of displaying it with a few Fin Funnels mounted on the back, correct? You know, like displaying it in 'action' pose, right?

But then, this figure looks awesome as a centerpiece. Wish there's an upcoming Nu in Metal Build form. ;) 

23 hours ago, sqidd said:

I hope you got these for a fair price.  The aftermarket costs for these are insane.

29 minutes ago, Bullet_Sponge said:

I hope you got these for a fair price.  The aftermarket costs for these are insane.

I got the NU with the Fin/Funnels all in one purchase. $3000. Which is actually pretty far below market value. And I didn't pay.....my wife got it for my birthday.:wub:

3 hours ago, sqidd said:

Ok my Metal Structure peeps........where are the batteries on/in this thing (I swear the directions don't show)? I want to make sure they're not in there (I don't like leaving batteries in).

On each side under his arm(pits) there are removable panels to access the button cells. On the the display base the ground lighting have access panels on the bottom for housing AAA's. 

42 minutes ago, Bobby said:

On each side under his arm(pits) there are removable panels to access the button cells. On the the display base the ground lighting have access panels on the bottom for housing AAA's. 

I found the switches for the lights under the armpits. Didn't find the actual batteries.:unknw:

8 minutes ago, Grey728 said:

Isn't the battery compartment under the right arm and the activation switches under the left arm? I forget since I haven't messed with it in awhile.

Switches are under the LH arm. I didn't check the other side. BRB.