On 1/24/2022 at 7:46 PM, no3Ljm said:

This is the first time I heard of this store. How was it?

Ive used Maybangs twice. Once for a Strike Freedom Concept 2 and Once for a ThreeZero/DLX Optimus Prime. Both times without any issue. Customer Service reps are a bit slow to respond but otherwise zero complaints. 

38 minutes ago, recon said:

Metal build justice pics. Boy she is gorgeous. Somehow i feel SV-51 Nora should be painted this way by arcadia with different tones and shades

https://hacchaka.net/archives/52077720.html

Saw the video posted earlier, and man, he's so massive. If I continued with my PO, I wasn't sure where to put it so I backed out. And besides, I want the Hi-Nu more than the Justice. So I will make room for that one. Hehehe. :lol: 

30 minutes ago, 68whiskey said:

Ive used Maybangs twice. Once for a Strike Freedom Concept 2 and Once for a ThreeZero/DLX Optimus Prime. Both times without any issue. Customer Service reps are a bit slow to respond but otherwise zero complaints. 

Thanks for sharing sir. :good: 

17 hours ago, General Rasp said:

Metal Robot Spirit Hyaku Shiki on P-Bandai US for $160. Pre-orders open 1/28/2022 at 2:00 am EST.

https://p-bandai.com/us/item/N2606409001001

Pass. I really just want the Hyaku Shiki Kai non-MPT version... Hopefully with a better looking finish. This yellow looks very similar to the poop yellow Bandai uses for their injection molded gold. 

6 hours ago, leeboo1211 said:

Pass. I really just want the Hyaku Shiki Kai non-MPT version... Hopefully with a better looking finish. This yellow looks very similar to the poop yellow Bandai uses for their injection molded gold. 

They could've just used the same gold paint application from their previous MRD Akatsuki figure if they want it metallic.

a78a3090-d6a6-402a-89e6-803096cc70ce.jpg.859a17f8dfcd5c1c295b85735b30fefd.jpg

Or the @anubis20 gold paint application. Which I think looks better for a Hyaku-Shiki. :good:

50985342436_eee8146fe2_b.jpg.a4de29a9f26e9b23c94b9892645e9100.jpg

12 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

They could've just used the same gold paint application from their previous MRD Akatsuki figure if they want it metallic.

Or the @anubis20 gold paint application. Which I think looks better for a Hyaku-Shiki. :good:

50985342436_eee8146fe2_b.jpg.a4de29a9f26e9b23c94b9892645e9100.jpg

Yep. Or even the matte gold finish they used for the MG Hyaku Shiki 2.0...that is by far my favorite. Very similar to this, maybe a tad bit shinier. I'm personally not a great fan of the mirror shiny gold, shows surface imperfection and fingerprints too much.

1 hour ago, sqidd said:

I'm considering getting a MS. In the anime how many sets of fin/funnels did it have? I'd like to get some. May as well shoot for cannon.

Hey @sqidd. Which MS specifically? If it’s Nu-Gundam, in the anime movie, it carries 6 Fin Funnels. Hi-Nu on the other hand, different color scheme, was featured in the first Gunpla Builders series. It also carries 6 Fin Funnels. 

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Hey @sqidd. Which MS specifically? If it’s Nu-Gundam, in the anime movie, it carries 6 Fin Funnels. Hi-Nu on the other hand, different color scheme, was featured in the first Gunpla Builders series. It also carries 6 Fin Funnels. 

There is more than one MS?

By six do you mean six individual ones or sex sets?

This would be what I'm getting:

metal-structure-1-60-scale-nu-gundam+%25

49 minutes ago, sqidd said:

There is more than one MS?

By six do you mean six individual ones or sex sets?

This would be what I'm getting:

metal-structure-1-60-scale-nu-gundam+%25

That is the Nu Gundam featured in the movie Char's Counterattack. The movie is streamavle on Netflix and the gundam.info YouTube page. The funnel count is 6 shown mounted unsymetricl on the unit's left side. A popular variation not shown un the movie add 6 additional funnels the the other side. The wiki should get you up to speed.

https://gundam.fandom.com/wiki/RX-93_ν_Gundam

The Hi-Nu gundam the above poster mentioned is a variation/different take of the original design featured in the novel/manga that the movie draws some of it's plot from. It is the white and purple/blue metal build design shown a few posts ahead of yours.

@sqidd my understanding is that the asymmetric version with the six Fin Funnels in the shape of an „A“ over the left shoulder is the „correct“ look.

However the piece is expensive so I would go with the look you prefer. I prefer the asymmetric look so I would go with that one.

[edit:] Also the Sazabi and the Hi-Nu both have six Funnels each. So six seems to be the magic number.

Edited by Scyla

13 hours ago, Rock said:

That is the Nu Gundam featured in the movie Char's Counterattack. The movie is streamavle on Netflix and the gundam.info YouTube page. The funnel count is 6 shown mounted unsymetricl on the unit's left side. A popular variation not shown un the movie add 6 additional funnels the the other side. The wiki should get you up to speed.

https://gundam.fandom.com/wiki/RX-93_ν_Gundam

The Hi-Nu gundam the above poster mentioned is a variation/different take of the original design featured in the novel/manga that the movie draws some of it's plot from. It is the white and purple/blue metal build design shown a few posts ahead of yours.

2 hours ago, Scyla said:

@sqidd my understanding is that the asymmetric version with the six Fin Funnels in the shape of an „A“ over the left shoulder is the „correct“ look.

However the piece is expensive so I would go with the look you prefer. I prefer the asymmetric look so I would go with that one.

[edit:] Also the Sazabi and the Hi-Nu both have six Funnels each. So six seems to be the magic number.

Thanks guys.:good:

1 hour ago, sqidd said:

Thanks guys.:good:

I don't think that's the issue here, but the Metal Structure Nu does not come with the fin funnels. So it's more a matter of if you can find the funnel set, two if you want symmetrical look. They are going for up to 3 times the original $200 MSRP at this point. 

Hopefully with the teased reprint of the MS Nu they will make more, and I can get a second set at reasonable price. 

6 hours ago, leeboo1211 said:

I don't think that's the issue here, but the Metal Structure Nu does not come with the fin funnels. So it's more a matter of if you can find the funnel set, two if you want symmetrical look. They are going for up to 3 times the original $200 MSRP at this point. 

Hopefully with the teased reprint of the MS Nu they will make more, and I can get a second set at reasonable price. 

I'm looking at a MISB unit for sale that also has the fin/funnels.

There was a teased re-print of the NU? I haven't seen a thing. I'll wait it out if there is going to be one.......even though my wife said she would get the one available now for my birthday.:D

2 hours ago, sqidd said:

There was a teased re-print of the NU? I haven't seen a thing. I'll wait it out if there is going to be one.......even though my wife said she would get the one available now for my birthday.:D

They teased it late last year when the released some more photos of the MS Sazabi. But again, with all of Bandai's teases, who knows for sure. It's likely that it'll be hard to get your hands on it either way. The first time the MS Nu was released for PO people were skeptical of the price point and it was a bit lukewarm at first. Then the reviews came out and suddenly folks wanted one...it's proven that the market is there. They didn't even put a timeline on a reprint, so... I'd go with a surer thing honestly, who knows how long you'd be waiting. 

2 hours ago, sqidd said:

Lucky you! lol

1 hour ago, leeboo1211 said:

They teased it late last year when the released some more photos of the MS Sazabi. But again, with all of Bandai's teases, who knows for sure. It's likely that it'll be hard to get your hands on it either way. The first time the MS Nu was released for PO people were skeptical of the price point and it was a bit lukewarm at first. Then the reviews came out and suddenly folks wanted one...it's proven that the market is there. They didn't even put a timeline on a reprint, so... I'd go with a surer thing honestly, who knows how long you'd be waiting. 

Yeah, I wouldn't say that display from Bandai (I've seen that) was a tease they were going to do a re-print. It's Bandai......

1 hour ago, pengbuzz said:

Lucky you! lol

I've got a big.....

smile:D

53 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Yeah, I wouldn't say that display from Bandai (I've seen that) was a tease they were going to do a re-print. It's Bandai......

smile:D

My understanding was just that it was a display to showcase alongside the Metal Structure Sazabi. I dont know where the reprint/re release rumors came from. 

Sqidd buy that MS Nu in the Marketplace , it comes with Fin Funnels too

Hey @sqidd.  Yup, 6 separate Funnels as everyone pointed out for the original look. 12 if you want the Double Fin Funnels setup.

3_5KYLVyjGg3TO.jpg.93bf5c5655b2a2aea35019d65487ae2e.jpg

5_VnABOUL9EODc.jpg.2aa690a41df1d6e30aa216a5cec94a21.jpg

4_QShZgOGxFBHr.jpg.8a2189f757c3e492306bd868fae22742.jpg

You should probably hunt down the Londo Bell Engineers Option Part Set as well. Good luck on the purchase. ;) :good: 

4_RhdnUfh6EJTS.jpg.064cd7b7a57225672659168e72ba1a0d.jpg

9_yziHHGdVk2fY.jpg.d824281ea670076d5886b3d155ede41e.jpg

I actually like the look of the 6 better. Asymmetric can have a really good look sometimes. 

I don't need that ground crew kit. I probably won't even display it with the "dock" or work area stand it comes with. Thank goodness, money saved! 

3_5KYLVyjGg3TO.jpg