I'm thinking PO is going to happen next week or first week of February.

I'm guessing, that price is already tax-included? Y32000 or less perhaps for us International buyers?

fo002.jpg.89e65362aaa62d15022c69dc12794798.jpg

Edited by no3Ljm

15 hours ago, carlsylar said:

Everything is here

2D2C3D47-62E5-4C07-82D1-FAAAD44C4553.jpeg

For some reason, I like the proportion of the figure on the top right image compared to the image below. Not sure if those sliding panel helped the proportion or if it's just how the magazine was taken.

On 1/21/2022 at 5:00 PM, no3Ljm said:

fo002.jpg.89e65362aaa62d15022c69dc12794798.jpg

15 hours ago, Darth Mingus said:

Next in the Ver A.N.I.M.E. line, 08th MS Team.

Gouf Custom - 7000 Yen, 2022-06

image.png.6c29c2711a311a013e615fc5c47ca621.png

Mass Production Guntank - Price and release TBA

image.png.5dce1a5ef05d678499a094087c9afbbf.png

Just an FYI. We do have a thread dedicated for regular Gundam figures. This thread is dedicated to all their 'METAL' line releases.  ;) 

56 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

i'm on the fence, 32000yen is getting up there. i wonder if this will show up at US retailers?

Yeah. The price is just the main concern on this one. Knowing that it might have some add-ons down the line. :( But then, if you think about it, most Metal Build sold nowadays at Mandarake is already reaching the Y30000 mark. I'm pretty sure this figure will reach Y40K aftermarket price. So it's best to get it at MSRP once it becomes available. Sigh. At this point now my only wish is I will be able to preorder one.

Edited by no3Ljm

On 1/22/2022 at 9:41 AM, Darth Mingus said:

Next in the Ver A.N.I.M.E. line, 08th MS Team.

Gouf Custom - 7000 Yen, 2022-06

image.png.6c29c2711a311a013e615fc5c47ca621.png

Mass Production Guntank - Price and release TBA

image.png.5dce1a5ef05d678499a094087c9afbbf.png

Waiting for Bandai to release a GFFMC version of the Gouf Custom.

56 minutes ago, recon said:

Metal build Justice Gundam PO reopen at hlj. Finally i secured one

https://www.hlj.com/metal-build-justice-gundam-bans61866

Maybang Collectibles has their pre orders open as well for under $300. They don’t charge tax unless you are in CA from what I remember

https://www.maybang.com/products/bandai-gundam-metal-build-mobile-suit-gundam-seed-athrun-zala-justice-gundam-diecast-action-figure?_pos=2&_sid=3a9235c57&_ss=r

38 minutes ago, 68whiskey said:

Maybang Collectibles has their pre orders open as well for under $300. They don’t charge tax unless you are in CA from what I remember

https://www.maybang.com/products/bandai-gundam-metal-build-mobile-suit-gundam-seed-athrun-zala-justice-gundam-diecast-action-figure?_pos=2&_sid=3a9235c57&_ss=r

This is the first time I heard of this store. How was it?

Does anyone know what the differences are between the Metal Build / GFFMC / Metal Robot Spirits lines are?  I actually have a couple but I can't really figure out what the differences between the lines are.  The gundam.fandom.com wiki says the Metal Build is more 1/100 scale versus Metal Robot Spirits being closer to 1/144 scale (not sure what GFFMC scale is), but other than maybe a potential size difference, are there any other differences between them that I should consider when choosing a model in one line versus the other?  All I know is regardless they are all very expensive!

Metal Build and GFFMC are very close to 1/100 scale (around 7 inches tall) usually and the only difference I can see/feel between them is metal content. There seems to be a little more metal material used in Metal builds than there are with GFFMC. Besides a few Wing Gundams released under GFFMC, GFFMC is mainly based in the UC Gundam world while Metal Build is covering Seed, UC (Crossbone), 00, and even Super Robots like Mazinger Z, Full Metal Panic, Evangelion, and even Shin Getter coming out eventually.

Metal Robot Spirits are more 1/144 scale which is typically around the 4-5 inches in size and covers whatever Bandai decides to make under that product line: Seed, Wing, UC, etc..

Edited by Grey728

12 minutes ago, vigoro said:

Does anyone know what the differences are between the Metal Build / GFFMC / Metal Robot Spirits lines are?  I actually have a couple but I can't really figure out what the differences between the lines are.  The gundam.fandom.com wiki says the Metal Build is more 1/100 scale versus Metal Robot Spirits being closer to 1/144 scale (not sure what GFFMC scale is), but other than maybe a potential size difference, are there any other differences between them that I should consider when choosing a model in one line versus the other?  All I know is regardless they are all very expensive!

Metal Build vs Metal Robot Spirits

So the biggest difference is the scale and the wiki is correct. Metal Builds are close to 1/100 and Metal Robot Spirits (MRS) are close to 1/144. Bandai for the most part took a Metal Build and shank it down to 1/44 scale. The only other difference I have noticed is the plastic on the MRS figures feels easier to break and stress because the parts are smaller. I haven't broken any of mine but just something to be mindful of. Also the joint tolerances can be really off with some MRS figures. My MRS Zeta's knee took a lot of force to bend when I was posing it. Others are great like the MRS Justice I opened a couple of days ago, no issues with the joints. Paint, durability, gimmicks, articulation are the same from MB to MRS.

The MRS does have one big advantage right now, you have a good chance of Bandai releasing a whole cast or team of suits. Gundam Seed for example, most of the main suits from Gundam Seed and Gundam Seed Destiny have been released in MRS with the exception of the Legend Gundam, Strike, and maybe a few others. And with recently pre-orders it seems that they are doing main suits or variations from lesser know series. The Re-GZ custom and Hazel Gundam for a few examples. Bandai would never do those suits in MB format and we are just getting a Justice Gundam to go with Freedom after years in the MB line. 

Metal Build vs Gundam Fix Figuration Metal Composite

Pre-the GFFMC Zaku II release, I would say there was no to little difference between the MB and GFFMC line. Granted the GFFMC Unicorns weren't the best, second-hand knowledge, but there wasn't much difference other than the transformation gimmick. Both have a diecast frame with painted armor, decals, hand options, stands, and are 1/100-ish scale. Post GFFMC Zaku II release, I would say the GFFMC line is better. There is something with the Zaku II and Wing Zero releases that are close to perfect. I personally really love the MB line and have been collecting them since the first release of the Destiny Gundam. But the current GFFMC line has this 'fit and finish' that beats out the MB figures. Everything moves great, looks amazing, tons of options, perfect proportions, the whole package. I would have trouble finding a criticism with my GFFMC figures. I imagine the GFFMC line will be sticking with UC and Wing Suits for a few years, and we will be seeing a lot of Zaku II flavors down the line. Personally hoping to see a Gouf Custom in GFFMC. The MB line is branching out after years of Exia releases with Getter, Mazinger, and EVA.  

Hope that helps! Sorry for the rambling but it was a great excuse to avoid work.  

9 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Besides what @Grey728 posted, I'm adding that Metal Builds (1/100) are a little bit stylized design, GFFMetalComposite (1/100) are more Katoki-centric design, and Metal Robot Damashii (1/144) are more lineart based design.

9 hours ago, Grey728 said:

Metal Build and GFFMC are very close to 1/100 scale (around 7 inches tall) usually and the only difference I can see/feel between them is metal content. There seems to be a little more metal material used in Metal builds than there are with GFFMC. Besides a few Wing Gundams released under GFFMC, GFFMC is mainly based in the UC Gundam world while Metal Build is covering Seed, UC (Crossbone), 00, and even Super Robots like Mazinger Z, Full Metal Panic, Evangelion, and even Shin Getter coming out eventually.

Metal Robot Spirits are more 1/144 scale which is typically around the 4-5 inches in size and covers whatever Bandai decides to make under that product line: Seed, Wing, UC, etc..

9 hours ago, General Rasp said:

Metal Build vs Metal Robot Spirits

So the biggest difference is the scale and the wiki is correct. Metal Builds are close to 1/100 and Metal Robot Spirits (MRS) are close to 1/144. Bandai for the most part took a Metal Build and shank it down to 1/44 scale. The only other difference I have noticed is the plastic on the MRS figures feels easier to break and stress because the parts are smaller. I haven't broken any of mine but just something to be mindful of. Also the joint tolerances can be really off with some MRS figures. My MRS Zeta's knee took a lot of force to bend when I was posing it. Others are great like the MRS Justice I opened a couple of days ago, no issues with the joints. Paint, durability, gimmicks, articulation are the same from MB to MRS.

The MRS does have one big advantage right now, you have a good chance of Bandai releasing a whole cast or team of suits. Gundam Seed for example, most of the main suits from Gundam Seed and Gundam Seed Destiny have been released in MRS with the exception of the Legend Gundam, Strike, and maybe a few others. And with recently pre-orders it seems that they are doing main suits or variations from lesser know series. The Re-GZ custom and Hazel Gundam for a few examples. Bandai would never do those suits in MB format and we are just getting a Justice Gundam to go with Freedom after years in the MB line. 

Metal Build vs Gundam Fix Figuration Metal Composite

Pre-the GFFMC Zaku II release, I would say there was no to little difference between the MB and GFFMC line. Granted the GFFMC Unicorns weren't the best, second-hand knowledge, but there wasn't much difference other than the transformation gimmick. Both have a diecast frame with painted armor, decals, hand options, stands, and are 1/100-ish scale. Post GFFMC Zaku II release, I would say the GFFMC line is better. There is something with the Zaku II and Wing Zero releases that are close to perfect. I personally really love the MB line and have been collecting them since the first release of the Destiny Gundam. But the current GFFMC line has this 'fit and finish' that beats out the MB figures. Everything moves great, looks amazing, tons of options, perfect proportions, the whole package. I would have trouble finding a criticism with my GFFMC figures. I imagine the GFFMC line will be sticking with UC and Wing Suits for a few years, and we will be seeing a lot of Zaku II flavors down the line. Personally hoping to see a Gouf Custom in GFFMC. The MB line is branching out after years of Exia releases with Getter, Mazinger, and EVA.  

Hope that helps! Sorry for the rambling but it was a great excuse to avoid work.  

Wow, thanks guys for the quick and detailed response.  I have the GFFMC Zaku II and think it is awesome as well and have just been thinking about potentially picking up one of the Justice versions (MB or MRS), this helps!