2 hours ago, sqidd said:

I got a PG Unicorn so I don'y have a need for a MB. But if I didn't have the PG I would be all over a MB Unicorn.

I'm not a fan of the Phenex either.......except for the electroplated PG and put the shields on the arms opposed to it's back. That's a really striking look. Alas, those kits are a FURTUNE. And I don't like it that much.

Eh, the current prices are only about $150 over the MSRP of $500.

33 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Eh, the current prices are only about $150 over the MSRP of $500.

I just thought of something. I'm half speaking out of my butt here so bear with me. Weren't there 2+ releases of those? There was one release that was "really gold!" and then a later release(s) that are not as gold-y?

I was under the impression that the OG "super gold" ones went for pretty big bucks.

IMO the newer gold doesn't look nearly as good. It looks more like paint.

53 minutes ago, sqidd said:

I just thought of something. I'm half speaking out of my butt here so bear with me. Weren't there 2+ releases of those? There was one release that was "really gold!" and then a later release(s) that are not as gold-y?

I was under the impression that the OG "super gold" ones went for pretty big bucks.

Huh, I knew they did it with the MG, wasn't aware on the PG.

Going based entirely on photos, it does look like the PG "Narrative" is a much more yellow gold color, while the older one isn't nearly as yellow.

I suppose I could grab a narrative version and do a comparison, I got my OG kit back near the first release.

[edit] Looks like there's an OG version on Ebay for $636: https://www.ebay.com/itm/124874887886

Edited by Sanity is Optional

53 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Going based entirely on photos, it does look like the PG "Narrative" is a much more yellow gold color, while the older one isn't nearly as yellow.

I suppose I could grab a narrative version and do a comparison, I got my OG kit back near the first release.

[edit] Looks like there's an OG version on Ebay for $636: https://www.ebay.com/itm/124874887886

Yup same here. I got the first edition and bought the expansion tails for the first edition when they released the NT version.

1 hour ago, sqidd said:

The non-NT release (first) was not as 'goldy'. Essentially it was one layer or less clear orange used when they plated/painted it. The NT release (second) is the 'goldy' version.

8 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

You know what, I have to admit that I got too tired of seeing too much Unicorn figures and merchandise since the OAV. But since I don't own a GFFMC versions of it, I'll bite a Metal Build Unicorn and Banshee. As long that it featured the original Psycommu colors and not the Green one. Phenex on the other hand, nope. :rolleyes:

The GFFMC version of the unicorn where early models in the GFFMC line.  Most of the GFFMC line suffered from weak joints , hands that didnt stay in place and general QC inconsistencies, quality wasnt  really fixed until the GFFMC Wing gundam came out. I bought the first GFFMC unicorn build and Final Battle version. I kept the final battle version
because the colors on it are awesome but it lives in the box due to poor posability. 

I hope that if the Metal Build line launches one that it will have far better quality than the GFFMC line did. 

Also Im quoting this because I want to see you bite a Metal Build Unicorn

3 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

:hi:

2 hours ago, PsYcHoDyNaMiX said:

Yup same here. I got the first edition and bought the expansion tails for the first edition when they released the NT version.

The non-NT release (first) was not as 'goldy'. Essentially it was one layer or less clear orange used when they plated/painted it. The NT release (second) is the 'goldy' version.

IMO the second release is the one to get just because it's so over the top. I'm personally not interested in having one with my space constraints though.:(

14 minutes ago, 68whiskey said:

The GFFMC version of the unicorn where early models in the GFFMC line.  Most of the GFFMC line suffered from weak joints , hands that didnt stay in place and general QC inconsistencies, quality wasnt  really fixed until the GFFMC Wing gundam came out. I bought the first GFFMC unicorn build and Final Battle version. I kept the final battle version
because the colors on it are awesome but it lives in the box due to poor posability. 

I hope that if the Metal Build line launches one that it will have far better quality than the GFFMC line did. 

Also Im quoting this because I want to see you bite a Metal Build Unicorn

I bought one of those GFFMC Unicorns. Ack, it was junk! On top of that the sculpt just looked.......wrong. I sold it off right away.

It would be nice to see a MB. I'm guessing they haven't done one because it would take a different frame??? And maybe the Unicorn just isn't that popular. I'm a Gundam noob to the extreme so again, talking out of my butt. I'd guess that the old school Gundam fans are not that into the Unicorn.:unknw: And the old school Gundam fans are the ones with the money. 

14 hours ago, sqidd said:

:hi:

IMO the second release is the one to get just because it's so over the top. I'm personally not interested in having one with my space constraints though.:(

I bought one of those GFFMC Unicorns. Ack, it was junk! On top of that the sculpt just looked.......wrong. I sold it off right away.

It would be nice to see a MB. I'm guessing they haven't done one because it would take a different frame??? And maybe the Unicorn just isn't that popular. I'm a Gundam noob to the extreme so again, talking out of my butt. I'd guess that the old school Gundam fans are not that into the Unicorn.:unknw: And the old school Gundam fans are the ones with the money. 

The GFFMC Unicorns aren't that bad. I have all but the Final Battle and Banshee Norn versions. There are just too many versions of them. Like the RX-78, how many does one really need? (Says the person who keeps buying new releases.)

Edited by weiser21

If any one is thinking about getting that new 1/72 MoShow Strike , don't do it. It looks cool but you cant see all the tape I used to hold it together lol.

It comes with weak/flimsy torso and wobbly hip joints. It looks cool but it may not stand up properly under its own power. When it arrived it was missing Grand Slam so i don't have it to display.  QC was just as bad as the 2017 release they did , this one has way better paint on it though. 

image1.jpeg

image0.jpeg

image4.jpeg

20 hours ago, 68whiskey said:

Sorry , I dont stray outside of this thread very often. I didnt know we had a Third party thread until now. THanks

It's been mentioned before on the 3rd party thread, but this isn't from the real MoShow, just imposters trying to capitalize on brand confusion. The legit MoShow has moved on to original IP like the Takeda Shingen from Progenitor Effect. 

1 hour ago, leeboo1211 said:

It's been mentioned before on the 3rd party thread, but this isn't from the real MoShow, just imposters trying to capitalize on brand confusion. The legit MoShow has moved on to original IP like the Takeda Shingen from Progenitor Effect. 

I tried looking for it recenty (not too hard though) to post up when a topic like this was brought up. Bobbly Skullface had a good video on 3P and knock off stuff, how they worked, how they were cracked down on, how they pop up under different names, etc. It was pretty interesting. A full documentary would be really interesting.

Huh. Did the V-fin always have a red centerpiece? Seems like it might be unique to this rendition. The side skirts are red, too, and the crotch cap piece is yellow... Otherwise, it looks more or less how it should. What are the chances this eventually brings down the price of the Wing Zero? Not likely, methinks. :lol:

Do we know more about the Wing Gundam EW release. Since there is a Tamashii Web Shop logo I assume it is an exclusive. Will they release more information during the Tamashii Nations event in November?

Edited by Scyla

18 hours ago, Scyla said:

Do we know more about the Wing Gundam EW release. Since there is a Tamashii Web Shop logo I assume it is an exclusive. Will they release more information during the Tamashii Nations event in November?

Looks like it.

671269279_Screenshot2021-10-23211043.jpg.6f3417485f0f657d5f0be5ec6e7216df.jpg

I'm browsing Amiami and come across the two of these:

GFFMC Zaku II Type C Origin, 20k JPY https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail/?gcode=FIGURE-054843-R

GFFMC Char's Zaku II Origin 42k JPY https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail/?gcode=FIGURE-047037-R

Are those prices actually reflective of their respective values? $200 for the regular one and over twice that for the Char? They're the exact same toys, aren't they? Seems like the Type C even comes with more.

I wasn't gonna jump on either, I was just perplexed and curious. But otherwise, if you want one, well there's some options.

On 10/23/2021 at 2:29 AM, Scyla said:

On 10/23/2021 at 9:11 PM, no3Ljm said:

Looks like it.

671269279_Screenshot2021-10-23211043.jpg.6f3417485f0f657d5f0be5ec6e7216df.jpg

Confirmed. They will release more info and release date during the Tamashii Nation Online 2021 Event.

http://tamashiinations.blog.jp/archives/12108155.html

詳細、発売日、価格などの詳細はオンラインイベント『TAMASHII NATION ONLINE 2021』(開催期間:2021年11月19日(月)~11月21日(日)予定)にて公開予定だ。  是非ご期待いただきたい。 

Google Translate:
Details such as details, release date, and price will be released at the online event "TAMASHII NATION ONLINE 2021" (held from November 19th (Monday) to November 21st (Sunday), 2021).  Please look forward to it. 

Also, the link above tells Katoki Hajime's explanation regarding the so-called 'Early Color Ver'.

Edited by no3Ljm

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

Confirmed. They will release more info and release date during the Tamashii Nation Online 2021 Event.

Also, the link above tells Katoki Hajime's explanation regarding the so-called 'Early Color Ver'.

Interesting read..thanks for the link..so we will be getting the final colors version for sure. I might still get it but would probably wait for the final colors version, I'm sure thats coming someday - easy $$$ for them

Depending on the P-Bandai price I will probably end up pre-ordering a copy. Even though I have the EW and Snow White version. Personally I am more excited for the Johnny Ridden Zaku and the other one, even though I have four of the same mold and planning on getting two more Black Tri-Stars. 

I am just telling myself that if I buy enough Zakus we can get to the GFFMC Gouf Custom stretch goal :p

I also wonder what are the chances we will see an EW Deathsycthe Hell from the Wing Gundam frame. 

12 minutes ago, crackpot said:

Aside from the Hi-Nu, is anybody looking forward to anything else from this? It's become stale.

Just substitute any Gundam series and it's gonna be the same: 

I'm going to be happy if they will also do Metal Builds of Amuro's Nu and RX-GrandDaddy. 8)