4 hours ago, davidwhangchoi said:

does eknight charge tax?

also want to share EE crushed my freedom 2.0 package:( i wish the had the mint condition guarantee a year ago. 

Eknight charges tax for California, but not sure if they will charge for other states.  You can put you state and zip and it will show if tax will be charged or not .  I try testing with a zip in New York 10001 and it shows no tax .

10 hours ago, 68whiskey said:

Good ol bandai redesigning the wheel. When is this RX-78 up for pre order/sale?

Luna Park had it listed for Y25,800, is that a good price?

https://www.lunapark.store/product-page/chogokin-x-gundam-factory-yokohama-rx-78f00-gundam-night-illuminated-ver

9 hours ago, weiser21 said:

I think so. Because the original release, it was listed around Y35000 something on their site prior.

15 hours ago, weiser21 said:

I have trust issues with Luna Park because they have burned me in the past.  Do we even have a release date on that so far or do I just need to keep an eye on ebay?

7 minutes ago, 68whiskey said:

I have trust issues with Luna Park because they have burned me in the past.  Do we even have a release date on that so far or do I just need to keep an eye on ebay?

LP is active on this board, did they not resolve your issue when you contacted them? They didn't care about my banged up packaging.

Edited by weiser21
Typo

6 minutes ago, weiser21 said:

LP is active on this board, did they not resolve your issue when you contacted them? They didn't care about my banged up packaging.

we have contacted this buyer twice, we are yet to receive confirmation from him, we wanted to get the issued or him.

about your parcel, could you PM us your order number, we can check the packaging for you.

4 hours ago, sqidd said:

Geeze O Pete, another line? How does this compare to a MB?

item_0000013769_f6wStfDI_01.jpg

I thought it was Gundam Fix Figuration Metal Composite (GFFMC), maybe it is a new line. This would be the first to have LEDs.

Edited by weiser21
Change Comments

12 hours ago, weiser21 said:

Their attempt was more about "Saving Face" on a public forum. I also got a nice lesson from them about forum etiquette as well. 

6 hours ago, sqidd said:

Its slightly smaller, less detailed and less articulation than a metal build.  Same weight thought. If I have time later today Ill pull out the Chogokin RX78 and take some pictures next to my Exias or Strikes for comparison. 

2 hours ago, weiser21 said:

I thought it was Gundam Fix Figuration Metal Composite (GFFMC), maybe it is a new line. This would be the first to have LEDs.

I thought it was part of the " Chogokin" line given that yellow box in the upper left corner of the package?

24 minutes ago, 68whiskey said:

Their attempt was more about "Saving Face" on a public forum. I also got a nice lesson from them about forum etiquette as well. 

Its slightly smaller, less detailed and less articulation than a metal build.  Same weight thought. If I have time later today Ill pull out the Chogokin RX78 and take some pictures next to my Exias or Strikes for comparison. 

I thought it was part of the " Chogokin" line given that yellow box in the upper left corner of the package?

Lesson on forum etiquette? 🤔

GFFMC is also part of the chogokin line, but not DX. 

image.jpg.910206b8bd2f03179971c3031276a6c6.jpgimage.jpg.b6ba0f310b6c5d118b3364aad00d27ab.jpg

10 hours ago, sqidd said:

It's part of their regular Chogokin line. I haven't really played on my figure yet. But upon my initial inspection, the joints are tight and it's good to display along side with MB Strike. The gripe I have is that there's no Core Fighter and the weapons are incomplete as per an RX-78 does.

Just want to share @Kanedas Bike and @carlsylar posts way back in December when I requested a comparison photos with MB Strike.

IMG_6384.JPG.1121ab375b0b99dcb937c9860bfc7f2d.JPG

IMG_6382.JPG.0479192a5c8f578b5caaa8aa7b0c4807.JPG

IMG_6383.JPG.5143a7fab6bd70a232f169c895c556e6.JPG

C12508D4-B929-4CBD-849D-7ABF25017DFD.jpeg.e2c248fa3c68967ddaafb30a1b39cc91.jpeg

10 hours ago, weiser21 said:

This one ain't the same as in GFFMC lineup. It's produced to commemorate the 1:1 scale they built. So don't expect the proportion and detail to be the same as RX78-2 in previously released in GFFMC.

If I recall correctly, this one is the first gundam released in SoC (Spirit of Chogokin) lineup. The scale is 1:100 scale, same as MB and GFFMC.

And now they recoloring it as "Night ver." (intentionally overspray the paint where red and green light illuminate in real world?)

22 minutes ago, Draft said:

This one ain't the same as in GFFMC lineup. It's produced to commemorate the 1:1 scale they built. So don't expect the proportion and detail to be the same as RX78-2 in previously released in GFFMC.

If I recall correctly, this one is the first gundam released in SoC (Spirit of Chogokin) lineup. The scale is 1:100 scale, same as MB and GFFMC.

And now they recoloring it as "Night ver." (intentionally overspray the paint where red and green light illuminate in real world?)

12 minutes ago, leeboo1211 said:

Isn't SOC usually for super robots and stuff like Space Battleship Yamato? I honestly dunno why they did this one as SOC in particular... 

Not to be confused from other 'Chogokin' brand, this RX-78F00 is just a part of their original Chogokin line.

My MB Crossbones showed up today so I unpacked it (my other MB's are in boxes). Sweet figure, but now I remember why I'm not a huge MB fan. They're beautiful and the quality is awesome. But dag nabbit, they're just a wee bit too small. You have to be right on top of them with your face up against the cabinet.:D And I HATE the stands!!!! I really don't like colored stands. I really really hate having a shelf of different random color stands. And then they have writing on them!!! Arrrrrggggggggg!!!! It's like they designed them specifically to drive me insane.:rofl:

I'm going to make some stand adapters so I can put them on YetiStands.

If I can find the time I'm going to CAD up some Yeti knock offs and make them out of skeletonized polished stainless steel. Think "girders". Very industrial looking. That may be cool. Hopefully I have the time to prototype a few.

30 minutes ago, 68whiskey said:

Hey Sqidd , here is the size comparison I promised you lol.

I also hate the MB stands for the most part. I do like the mini stands that the Strike and Gold Frame Amatsu come with. If you make smaller stands out me down for a few 

8C28599B-04EE-4D5F-AAA6-E7098FC7245A.jpeg

Sooooo jelly!!! Man, I really screwed up on the MS. I completely missed the PO. And then I waffled when it was released. Now it's way too late.:(

And also, LOL at the widdle baby Gundam!:rofl:

If/when I do a couple stands I'll figure out what they will cost to produce. I wouldn't be interested in doing a bunch of little sales onezie twozie. But, I would probably do something like that "kickstarter" thing that they just did with the Mospeda Graubs (or whatever they're called) where if I hit a certain threshold I'd do a run of them. I have to imagine with enough social media juice it could happen. Just off the top of my head it would have to be 500 stands. I'd have to put a little crappy website up. Or more specifically pay my web developer to do it. I don't have time for that stuff. I don't think 500 is out of the question. I'd make them work with Macross stuff too. That said, the Gundam crowd would probably be most of the sales.

Edited by sqidd

3 hours ago, 68whiskey said:

Hey Sqidd , here is the size comparison I promised you lol.

I also hate the MB stands for the most part. I do like the mini stands that the Strike and Gold Frame Amatsu come with. If you make smaller stands out me down for a few 

8C28599B-04EE-4D5F-AAA6-E7098FC7245A.jpeg

Er....Newborn Gundam delivery room? :p

4 hours ago, sqidd said:

My MB Crossbones showed up today so I unpacked it (my other MB's are in boxes). Sweet figure, but now I remember why I'm not a huge MB fan. They're beautiful and the quality is awesome. But dag nabbit, they're just a wee bit too small. You have to be right on top of them with your face up against the cabinet.:D And I HATE the stands!!!! I really don't like colored stands. I really really hate having a shelf of different random color stands. And then they have writing on them!!! Arrrrrggggggggg!!!! It's like they designed them specifically to drive me insane.:rofl:

I'm going to make some stand adapters so I can put them on YetiStands.

If I can find the time I'm going to CAD up some Yeti knock offs and make them out of skeletonized polished stainless steel. Think "girders". Very industrial looking. That may be cool. Hopefully I have the time to prototype a few.

I love the Metal Build stands they give the toys some more personality but are not that different to hamper a uniform display. I especially love the early Metal Build 00 Gundam stands where they put icons for the weapon loadout on them. Sadly they didn’t do that for all of them.

They also have the correct size. Not too big so that they take up a lot of shelf real estate bit big enough to support a lot of poses.

On 9/29/2021 at 7:34 PM, no3Ljm said:

I think so. Because the original release, it was listed around Y35000 something on their site prior.

The price on Luna is reasonable IMHO, 25,800 against retail (in Japan) of 22,000. I did place an order for the CHOGOKIN x GUNDAM FACTORY YOKOHAMA RX-78F00 GUNDAM -Night illuminated version and while in no way discounting the experience of others, I've been very happy with the handful of times I've ordered from Luna Park Toys.

11 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

It's part of their regular Chogokin line. I haven't really played on my figure yet. But upon my initial inspection, the joints are tight and it's good to display along side with MB Strike. The gripe I have is that there's no Core Fighter and the weapons are incomplete as per an RX-78 does.

Just want to share @Kanedas Bike and @carlsylar posts way back in December when I requested a comparison photos with MB Strike.

IMG_6384.JPG.1121ab375b0b99dcb937c9860bfc7f2d.JPG

IMG_6382.JPG.0479192a5c8f578b5caaa8aa7b0c4807.JPG

IMG_6383.JPG.5143a7fab6bd70a232f169c895c556e6.JPG

C12508D4-B929-4CBD-849D-7ABF25017DFD.jpeg.e2c248fa3c68967ddaafb30a1b39cc91.jpeg

Forgot about those pics @no3Ljm!

I absolutely love the first release to me it's definitely better than the GFFMC 40th Anniversary RX-78-02 and original versions. It just "feels" better and the articulation is about what I'd expect from GFFMC, which is to say it's not as articulated as a Metal Build but it's far from a statue. It's playable and it poses just fine. 

And I say all of this having severely over-payed for the original CHOGOKIN x GUNDAM FACTORY YOKOHAMA RX-78F00 GUNDAM at initial release.

-b.

24 minutes ago, lechuck said:

Code Geass finally coming to Metal Build. Where there is a Guren, there must also be a Lancelot Albion!

https://www.taghobby.com/archives/569905

4ABB017F-7F1B-449B-B015-EEA50788302E.jpe

unfortunately dragon scale is not huge and proportions are weird. super deformed metal build. really sad as these would be awsome in 1/18 scale

10 hours ago, Kanedas Bike said:

And I say all of this having severely over-payed for the original CHOGOKIN x GUNDAM FACTORY YOKOHAMA RX-78F00 GUNDAM at initial release.

-b.

I did too for panicking since it was an exclusive item at the Factory store itself. After I paid a total of $300 something, a few days later Bandai decided on reissuing it on P-Bandai. :unsure:

But at this point, I think I'm ok with just the original release. I don't think I need this 'Night Illuminated' version. ;) 

On 9/30/2021 at 2:41 PM, Klee said:

Trying to finish my IBO MRS collection, but the prices for a second hand Vidar is just ridiculous. I paid 300 for a used lupus rex and honestly it was not worth anywhere near that with the loose joints. 

What is IBO MRS and which lupus rex did you buy? Are you talking about that "Metal Myth Dragon King" lupus knock off?

16 hours ago, Scyla said:

I love the Metal Build stands they give the toys some more personality but are not that different to hamper a uniform display. I especially love the early Metal Build 00 Gundam stands where they put icons for the weapon loadout on them. Sadly they didn’t do that for all of them.

They also have the correct size. Not too big so that they take up a lot of shelf real estate bit big enough to support a lot of poses.

The stand base has unique designs which are cool but the stupid arm that is included makes it hard to put in display cases or balance properly. This is why I wish someone would make a small clear 2-3 in adapter just like what the Metal Build Strike includes or the Gold Frame Astray. That way I can display my MB figure without having 12-15in high figure in a cabinet that only has 15in space between shelves.  If bandai could start adding/selling the display stand pictured below, that would be great.  You think they would have by now considering every Exia to date has had weak hips joins and its hard to pose them without a stand. 

https://twitter.com/amiami_english/status/1141999871710261248

Couldnt insert photos from link , so here is link