34 minutes ago, 68whiskey said:

This BS is happening because of the Star Wars/Transformers community. All they do is re release a character with a small color change or different box and all the fanboys are trying to shove a pre order down their throat. Then it came over to the Macross community with all the revivals/revisions/re releases. 

The irony is strong with this statement. Is this sarcasm? I am on the macross forums right? How many VF-XXAJSD do you have in how many different scales? I'm genuinely curious.

Anyways, if this were transformers there would be multiple 3rd and 4th party companies falling all over themselves trying to release a product at half the cost that the official company (Takara/Hasbo) ever would and a significantly higher quality to boot. The competition for your money is fierce in the TF market. I'm only now realizing that and it's made buying anything else 'feel' over priced. 

You guys are right though... there's too many re-releases for Metal Builds and I'm just as tired of it as you guys. I even passed on the latest Astraea despite it's sexy black paint job. I own enough variants.. We need JUSTICE! .. or any new UC or Super Robot metal build that was teased some time ago.

1 hour ago, 68whiskey said:

Bandai is too busy milking the **** out of the Metal Build Franchise. If you really look they just keep re releasing Exias , Astraeas , Strike Freedoms and Raisers. The F91 re release was trash and so was the White/Gold Frame astrays. They have been rebooting the poor Exia frame for how F***ing long and it still has hip/shoulder issues in 2021?

I don't disagree about this but it feels Bandai is more focused on the Japanese market when it comes to Metal Build. Feedback coming from them will most likely be heard more than from buyers in the USA. Does Bandai own Sunset or the whole Gundam franchise? 

3 hours ago, Grey728 said:

The irony is strong with this statement. Is this sarcasm? I am on the macross forums right? How many VF-XXAJSD do you have in how many different scales? I'm genuinely curious.

Anyways, if this were transformers there would be multiple 3rd and 4th party companies falling all over themselves trying to release a product at half the cost that the official company (Takara/Hasbo) ever would and a significantly higher quality to boot. The competition for your money is fierce in the TF market. I'm only now realizing that and it's made buying anything else 'feel' over priced. 

Not sarcasm. I get this is a Macross forum. I am just saying because of other communities , we are in the situation we are in now. Those sly japs at bandai saw an opportunity and ran with it all the way to the bank. Plus the whole "Alternative Strike" bull****with its f***ing accessories is a whole separate rant.

Im not a big Macross collector so I only have the VF 31s from Macross Delta + parts , a Kairos and a Kronos . Thats it. Now Metal Build Gundam I have just about every one except the original Trans Am Raiser & Exia Avalanche parts. I only have duplicates of "Infinity Strike (Five)" and "Exia Repair IV (Two)". 

If you look at Show Z and other similar websites the 3rd party communities are pumping out products all the time. I used the transformers market as an example because its over saturated and over extended. The people that I know in the transformers community have given up buying name brand and most of the time will wait for 3rd party because it will be the same quality at a fraction of the cost. The new thing now in Transformers world is milking the Nemesis and Shattered Glass variants 

So with that said if someone out there from Bandai is reading this , they can suck my D*** with their overplayed re releases. Like finish a damn series would you ? Finish Wing , finish Seed or finish 00 Raiser instead of going up and down with the same models in a slightly different color. 

2 hours ago, crackpot said:

I don't disagree about this but it feels Bandai is more focused on the Japanese market when it comes to Metal Build. Feedback coming from them will most likely be heard more than from buyers in the USA. Does Bandai own Sunset or the whole Gundam franchise? 

As a whole I believe they are focused on JP markets via the Tamashii Nations line. The Tamashii exhibits and events over there are quite popular.

Bandai as of 2019 owns Sunset/Sotsu or owns like 70% of the companies.  Yoshiko Tomino is also still an employee under Sunrise. So I would say they have a pretty heavy hand of control over the Gundam Franchise 

4 hours ago, 68whiskey said:

Thats a very good point , forgot about all the reboots of the Metal Build Destiny. The Soul Red was a good redemption but 2 other reboots and an ugly *** Heine custom :vomit

😭 Orange is my fave colour.

I have a love / hate relationship with Destiny Gundam. I love the design, but I dislike Shinn Asuka as a character. TM Revolution / Heine is a minor redemption for the unit. 😆

I think I ummed and aahh about getting MB Destiny Gundam Heine custom so many times when it was available 2nd hard for close to SRP, but never pulled the trigger.

I'm still holding out for a GFFMC/MB GP01 Zepharantes (will be wishing forever), but Bandai doesn't have enough love for 0083. I'd probably be satisfied with a Metal Robot GP01. I recently caved and purchased RD GP01, and currently in the process of purchasing RD GP01FB.... 😅

Other wishlist MB:

• Gundam [G]
  • EZ8

Actually speaking of RD, it's so frustrating they released the Powered GM as a TWE... It's my fave GM from 0083. In fact probably my fave GM from all UC Gundam. Yeah it's the orange that does it for me 😂🟠🟠🟠🟠🟠🟠

GFFMC Powered GM would be amazing, but that will never happen. Might have to settle for a MG Powered GM gunpla kit - EDIT: OHHH.... MG Powered GM gunpla kit was also TWE. - Can't win. 😢

Edited by eggy99

12 hours ago, 68whiskey said:

with their overplayed re releases. Like finish a damn series would you ? Finish Wing , finish Seed or finish 00 Raiser instead of going up and down with the same models in a slightly different color. 

Sooo then. Not only Macross fans experience this problem it seems.

23 hours ago, 68whiskey said:

Thats a very good point , forgot about all the reboots of the Metal Build Destiny. The Soul Red was a good redemption but 2 other reboots and an ugly *** Heine custom :vomit

Oh well, I'm ok with them taking their time, otherwise my wallet can't take it lol. Between DX Chogokin Macross stuff and Metal Builds, the occasional GFFMC... There's enough for my wallet to cry. 

MB line is due a new mold though... Hopefully the Hi-Nu is next. Also Metal Structure Sazabi lurking... 

18 hours ago, eggy99 said:

😭 Orange is my fave colour.

I have a love / hate relationship with Destiny Gundam. I love the design, but I dislike Shinn Asuka as a character. TM Revolution / Heine is a minor redemption for the unit. 😆

I think I ummed and aahh about getting MB Destiny Gundam Heine custom so many times when it was available 2nd hard for close to SRP, but never pulled the trigger.

I'm still holding out for a GFFMC/MB GP01 Zepharantes (will be wishing forever), but Bandai doesn't have enough love for 0083. I'd probably be satisfied with a Metal Robot GP01. I recently caved and purchased RD GP01, and currently in the process of purchasing RD GP01FB.... 😅

Other wishlist MB:

• Gundam [G]
  • EZ8

Actually speaking of RD, it's so frustrating they released the Powered GM as a TWE... It's my fave GM from 0083. In fact probably my fave GM from all UC Gundam. Yeah it's the orange that does it for me 😂🟠🟠🟠🟠🟠🟠

GFFMC Powered GM would be amazing, but that will never happen. Might have to settle for a MG Powered GM gunpla kit - EDIT: OHHH.... MG Powered GM gunpla kit was also TWE. - Can't win. 😢

Personally I'm hoping they make the GFFMC Full Armor Gundam. Not the Thunderbolt one, but the OG olive green one. It's by far my favorite RX-78 variant, with red warrior a close second. I did get the fix figuration release but they are smaller, the material doesn't age well and very limited articulation. 

Along the lines of your Powered GM obsession, I hope somebody does the Nouvel GM III from Sentinel. I will, and pretty much have, buy anything Sentinel related from the Ka Signature line. 

On 9/3/2021 at 12:54 AM, 68whiskey said:

So with that said if someone out there from Bandai is reading this , they can suck my D*** with their overplayed re releases. Like finish a damn series would you ? Finish Wing , finish Seed or finish 00 Raiser instead of going up and down with the same models in a slightly different color. 

The fault lies with the customer base, not Bandai.

Seems like a catch 22 to me. Nobody buys it, why continue the line? Buy the repaints, oh they like those let's keep making them. 

Case in point was the Dragon Ball figuarts. Bandai was about to cancel that line since I believe it wasn't doing well in Japan. Bluefin had to convince them otherwise since it's doing well in the US region. Now, we're getting sort of exclusive Dragon Ball figuarts that don't even show up in Japan. 

1 hour ago, crackpot said:

Seems like a catch 22 to me. Nobody buys it, why continue the line? Buy the repaints, oh they like those let's keep making them. 

Case in point was the Dragon Ball figuarts. Bandai was about to cancel that line since I believe it wasn't doing well in Japan. Bluefin had to convince them otherwise since it's doing well in the US region. Now, we're getting sort of exclusive Dragon Ball figuarts that don't even show up in Japan. 

And I was just wondering why there are silly DBZ figures but no Macross.

55 minutes ago, Podtastic said:

And I was just wondering why there are silly DBZ figures but no Macross.

I was gonna say there aren't any Gundam pilot figuarts but apparently there are 2. Lol!

Maybe if it's a mecha show, Bandai's focus is more on the mechs. Maybe Big West can license the pilots for figures with Max Factory/Goodsmile. Who knows? 

Edited by crackpot

9 hours ago, 68whiskey said:

Both parties are at fault.

Bandai for releasing the same builds and the customer for buying them. 

You can't fault a company for making/selling what customers will buy. That's what a company is supposed to do. If the customer base was buying toys made of poop as fast as they could make them........they would figure out how to make more.

On 9/2/2021 at 11:26 PM, crackpot said:

Lol! US gets scraps for metal build. They could have gone for the Destiny Soul Red with the Soul Blue wings of light. Better yet, they could have offered the current OO Trans Am Raiser. Instead we got this lame Strike Gundam. @BluefinBrands what's the deal?

On 9/2/2021 at 11:44 PM, General Rasp said:

The Strike does seem like a lame choice compared to the new OO Trans Am Raiser. 

The Tamashii exclusives are probably released later on P-Bandai. At least for my side they usually coincide with the offline/online show schedule. So the USPB may get to see it.

10 minutes ago, slaginpit said:

me too ugh I just bought this and its older and still cheaper than the zaku

image.png.abeb9505f656ee946b5d604cb58221ef.png

image.png.48f18d1a6089a437a26ba2bcf09d6a72.png

Currently I have one from HLJ that was on pre-order and a second from BBTS for $270 (currently waiting on their shipment). If BBTS has extra I will probably get my third from them since they aren't going for less than $270. 

Nice buy, I was tempted to get it but don't have any connection to the mobile armor and running out of space. 

Edited by General Rasp

27 minutes ago, General Rasp said:

Currently I have one from HLJ that was on pre-order and a second from BBTS for $270 (currently waiting on their shipment). If BBTS has extra I will probably get my third from them since they aren't going for less than $270. 

Nice buy, I was tempted to get it but don't have any connection to the mobile armor and running out of space. 

Neither do i but im such a fan of awkward looking Gundam Mobile suits. 

Recently finally ! got these two bad boys

image.png.b47287a1225d30daac19a1487c7b7030.png

image.png.630e05d9d602a3bc28b371be2648656a.png

Edited by slaginpit

17 hours ago, General Rasp said:

Yeah, the prices on the Black Tri-Stars haven't done down like the green Zakus. I regret not getting another Black Tri Star from HLJ when they got their shipment in. 

It seems like GFFMC got their s*** together with these  tri stars. Im glad I drunk ordered 3 of these because they do not have the weak joints or quality control issues that their predecessors did. They put a lot more detail into these and the maneuverability backpack and leg parts look really good with the paint scheme. Im too scared to put numbers on mine though.

17 hours ago, General Rasp said:

I have both of those too and love them! I was hoping Bandai would do a Dendrobium to go with the GP-03 but oh well. I would also get the Apsaras from 08th MS team. The first version, the final version is a bit too outside my mobile suit tastes.  

https://www.amazon.com/Bandai-Hobby-Dendrobium-Universal-Century/dp/B00030EU9Y

You mean kind of like this or a metal build version? 

Bandai needs to pull their heads out of their JDM a**es and drop the Metal Build GN Arms Type E they teased a while ago. They have done the R&D so they might as well sell it

https://www.gundamkitscollection.com/2019/07/metal-build-concept-model-01-gn-arms.html

metal-build-gn-arms-type-E+%25281%2529.j