3 hours ago, slaginpit said:

while its nice. Its WAAAAAY overpriced. North of a thousand dollars for a figure that has the posability of a MG gundam from the 80s. Mean while you get the insane detail and posability with MoSHOWs Takeda Shingen for less than 200 dollars american. Sometimes Bandai prays on the stupidity of its collectors. 

Wow that's harsh. :cray:

Let's not forget the old maxim: An item is worth whatever you're willing to pay for it.

I actually snagged a MS Nu preorder from HLJ but decided that I didn't really like Gundam enough to drop 1k on it. I might have changed my mind if the fin funnels were included and weren't a separate accessory I had to drop another 200 or 300 bucks for.

Now a MB GP03 mobile armor... a man can dream.

Also looking forward to getting my copy of that Zeta Gundam. I love the classic UC suits; not as into the newer moulin rouge ashtray suits for whatever they're making these days. :lol:

7 hours ago, Grey728 said:

Ouch. Ok. While I don’t disagree with your assessment the character and mech holds value for me at a scale I’ve always wanted with a materials and finish I could never get of it were a model kit. MoShow does make an impressive figure but it holds no value for me. Even if it is under $200. 

dont take it personality we all fall for it. So i include myself. But your idea of re-sale value, you really should rethink that. I tried selling Metal builds off No ONE will pay the SRP or the "collectors costs" You should think about how that works. When you factor scarcity, niche, population, supply, cost of living and disposable cash. I bet you i can sell my Sazabi, Strike, Buster, Kampfer etc for a lot more than i purchased for than you for your nu for more than you purchased it. Cheers

Edited by slaginpit

2 hours ago, slaginpit said:

dont take it personality we all fall for it. So i include myself. But your idea of re-sale value, you really should rethink that. I tried selling Metal builds off No ONE will pay the SRP or the "collectors costs" You should think about how that works. When you factor scarcity, niche, population, supply, cost of living and disposable cash. I bet you i can sell my Sazabi, Strike, Buster, Kampfer etc for a lot more than i purchased for than you for your nu for more than you purchased it. Cheers

I'm not in the business of scalping as I collect for personal enjoyment. If I were, then maybe I'd keep everything MISB and purchase more than one. However, I'll bite and include all the factors you suggest. If I were to resell, I think I could get double the price I paid for each fin funnel set ($500 each vs total) and maybe upwards of $1500 or more for an opened/used Nu Gundam Metal Structure. This might be out of the price range you would be willing to pay but price isn't a factor for others. A quick glance on eBay would suggest I'm low balling my theoretical asking price as well. If only I had purchased two. One to display and one to sell MISB. The MISB set would have easily covered the cost of both and I would essentially be left with a 'free' Gundam.

image.thumb.png.7f52a2fa0a67a11902efc856685da6e0.png

image.thumb.png.c6ed008cbdb2ab0999815c8772820c6d.png

I can kindof see your perspective when I think about the 1/144 scale Gundam made out of Titanium that Bandai sold recently. While this isn't something I would purchase personally, someone out there would. Good for them if they have the financial means to do so.

image.thumb.png.3d85ae4db430e029371434d4a5810297.png

Still looking forward to that Sazabi Metal Structure.. Even if the price is $1500 MSRP.

ok so i went to ebay.ca and filtered for sold ONLY 1 shows sold for almost 4 grand. Telling me it some maniac that has way to much money to spend. The population of collecters here that are willing to spend is near nil. Second we have a huge Chinese population of young misfits with holes burning in their pants. Not something i call organic. The other sold items are the londo bell engineer set fin funnel set. 

So im going to take 3 funnel solds with one that sold for an obscene price. Probably a guy who would bu  an ethot twitch bath water for 2000 dollars. 

4 sold in a population of 40 million people. 

On top of that i want to add ebay is a scammers market now. I know cause did it myself when i saw an item not selling a guy puts a bid on it and its like crap NO. WIFEY!!!!! COME QUICK BID ON MY ITEM! or a friend bids on the item to make it look like it sold for 4k . IM telling you a see a lot of buyers remorse for this  1000 dollar brick 

I sold more transformers toys for equal or just a bit more than what i purchased them for because the population is higher

I can tell you NO ONE in my city nor in cowboy country would laugh the piss out of themselves if they see what city idiots are paying for. 

regardless you like it and thats all that matters. Or maybe canadians are an incredibly cheap bunch of losers. Meh who cares -right

Edited by slaginpit

16 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

I don't have mine yet so I have no idea how limited the leg movements are. Can you tell us what part of the leg if it's ok? I have a feeling that it might be the knee due to the mechanism?

I just uploaded some new pics. The Left and right movements of legs are the best I can do. Also as you mentioned knee part. I’ll try the waiver form later.

12 hours ago, Grey728 said:

MoShow does make an impressive figure but it holds no value for me. Even if it is under $200. 

This,

Takeda Shingen may be a good figure, but it's not a Nu Gundam.

@slaginpitTo each there own I suppose. I'm happy with my purchase and I'd do it again in a heartbeat if given the same choice today. If that makes me a city idiot in your eyes then so be it. :)Collecting toys has never made financial sense, nor is choosing a Mercedes over a Honda Civic. A grocery bag has virtually the same function as a Lois Vuitton Purse, A Casio watch tells the same time as a Rolex, etc etc. You're absolutely right from your perspective, world, and financial viewpoint, for your personal situation and taste. 

For me, I enjoyed the rivalry between Char and Amuro from their first encounter with each other in a Zaku II/RX-78 in the original Gundam Series to the end/finale with the Sazabi/Nu in Char's Counter Attack. We have representations of these mechs in 1/144 and 1/100 but not too much in the 1/60 or higher scale that I prefer.

@carlsylarNice Zeta! I hope they come out with a Metal build or GFMMC of this in 1/100 scale. Preferably without transformation gimmick.

On 6/23/2021 at 11:04 PM, slaginpit said:

while its nice. Its WAAAAAY overpriced. North of a thousand dollars for a figure that has the posability of a MG gundam from the 80s. Mean while you get the insane detail and posability with MoSHOWs Takeda Shingen for less than 200 dollars american. Sometimes Bandai prays on the stupidity of its collectors. 

While I agree to a certain extent (I have all of MoShow releases and absolutely adore their work), if you reframe the MS Nu in the context of large statues with limited to no posability the original MSRP ain't that bad. I puke when I see how much people are paying for static polystone statues/figures. 

I do think it's dumb the fin funnels were separate though. 

33 minutes ago, leeboo1211 said:

While I agree to a certain extent (I have all of MoShow releases and absolutely adore their work), if you reframe the MS Nu in the context of large statues with limited to no posability the original MSRP ain't that bad. I puke when I see how much people are paying for static polystone statues/figures. 

I do think it's dumb the fin funnels were separate though. 

its the bandai trap. Would you like a belt with those pants sir lol 

I am putting faith that Moshow or some other will put to work some Modified form of a NU gundam 

11 hours ago, slaginpit said:

its the bandai trap. Would you like a belt with those pants sir lol 

I am putting faith that Moshow or some other will put to work some Modified form of a NU gundam 

I'm just pointing out the relative prices. I was looking at the Motoko Kusanagi statue that was going for 1200 and has no moving pieces, and realizing that that kind of price is not uncommon for statue and figure collectors (which I'm not). 

It's unlikely that MoShow will do anything Gundam related since they've moved on to licensed homegrown Chinese IP like their Progenitor Effect. 

I saw rumors Daban is working on a copy of the MS Nu in kit form... But I don't build Daban kits due to their lackluster fitment. 

1 hour ago, leeboo1211 said:

I'm just pointing out the relative prices. I was looking at the Motoko Kusanagi statue that was going for 1200 and has no moving pieces, and realizing that that kind of price is not uncommon for statue and figure collectors (which I'm not). 

It's unlikely that MoShow will do anything Gundam related since they've moved on to licensed homegrown Chinese IP like their Progenitor Effect. 

I saw rumors Daban is working on a copy of the MS Nu in kit form... But I don't build Daban kits due to their lackluster fitment. 

UGH not more kits 

JUST Give me an AFFORDABLE NU!!!!!! Metal build is such a disappointment. I swear someone at Bandai design is shoving seed-00 up their asses. 

That love affair has to end. I have the Nu Bust and the Metal Robot Spirits one. But i mean look at the flurry of MRS seed thats being pumped out. 

3 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

It's on the US P-Bandai site right now.

https://p-bandai.com/us/item/N2580351001001

P bandai takes forever to ship and they charge tax.

I ordered 2 Metal Build Full Cloths on the day they released ( One of my fav gundams)

The Nin Nin order shipped when they first released.

THe P bandai ordered shipped 4 months later. 

The price difference was $34 or something of the like. P bandai delivers but be warned there is a delay 

On 6/23/2021 at 12:05 PM, Grey728 said:

Yeah.. I need that Sazabi to. Please excuse the mess. I'm waiting on more display cases to arrive.

IMG_1502.JPG

Where did you get this display and do you think it will fit the factory diorama for the Nu ? I ask because I am also one of the people that Pre ordered 1 x Metal Structure 2x Fin FUnnels and 2x Londo Bell sets ( F*** the haters ) . I have no place to display it due to its size and how I dont want it covered in dust. 

22 minutes ago, 68whiskey said:

Where did you get this display and do you think it will fit the factory diorama for the Nu ? I ask because I am also one of the people that Pre ordered 1 x Metal Structure 2x Fin FUnnels and 2x Londo Bell sets ( F*** the haters ) . I have no place to display it due to its size and how I dont want it covered in dust. 

It's a DF30 from Moducase which is essentially 24"x24"x12". I don't think it's deep enough to support the 2x Fin Funnel stand behind it and it Might be a tight fit for 2x Londo Bell Sets. You can get one customized for you with dimensions that you want as they're very flexible. The biggest issue with Moducase is the wait time. Due to the pandemic it took over 1 year from purchase to delivery. I have ordered more cases and delivery was only slightly better at 10 months. There are other options you can go with that I'm sure will deliver sooner if this is all you plan on displaying in a case. 

37 minutes ago, 68whiskey said:

P bandai takes forever to ship and they charge tax.

I ordered 2 Metal Build Full Cloths on the day they released ( One of my fav gundams)

The Nin Nin order shipped when they first released.

THe P bandai ordered shipped 4 months later. 

The price difference was $34 or something of the like. P bandai delivers but be warned there is a delay 

The $34+/- price difference you mentioned, is this the P-Bandai JP price difference from the P-Bandai US converted to USD? Or the price difference from getting it from proxy than getting it from P-Bandai US? And would that difference already included all the shipping and tax? Just asking.

At this point, I really don't mind waiting as long that my order is secured. ;) 

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

The $34+/- price difference you mentioned, is this the P-Bandai JP price difference from the P-Bandai US converted to USD? Or the price difference from getting it from proxy than getting it from P-Bandai US? And would that difference already included all the shipping and tax? Just asking.

At this point, I really don't mind waiting as long that my order is secured. ;) 

Nin Nin was $34 more expensive but they shipped much much faster. I have just about every metal build in the collection ( Aside from Exia Avalance and Trans Am Riser) and most of my collection has always come from Nin Nin Game. The only time I had an issue was with my VF-31 ARAD Super Parts , they needed $12 more since they estimated shipping wrong.  The $34 difference was total after everything. 

Nin Nin > No tax but higher shipping , usually EMS 

P Bandai > Tax but cheaper shipping. 

I wouldnt use P bandai again unless they were the only ones left, they werent bad, I am just impatient 

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Why do I get the feeling that after the MB Strike Rouge Ootori set gets released, they will offer the Ootori Pack separately?

1000158862_7.jpg.7c78d2c07b22c2b70f1b0bc9b6b114ea.jpg

The same way they played the Metal Build Strike and the Metal Build Strike Infinite? Then they sold all those F***ing accessories after that. 

I bought 2 strikes at lauch w/ jet packs , then 2 infinite strikes (no jet pack) then I said F it and got 3 of the bootleg strike gundams from Show Z store which were pretty decent for being $100 each.  Probably going to order 2 Strike Rouges here before the price goes up to $500 after release 

On a side note , the Metal Build Alternative Strike series still has yet to release Loenghorne Launcher ( i think thats how its spelled) and the Grand Slam Sword both of which were teased at a show but not yet released. So for those wanting a Grand Slam for the Rouge and Strike , its on the way but date is TBA 

29 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Why do I get the feeling that after the MB Strike Rouge Ootori set gets released, they will offer the Ootori Pack separately?

1000158862_7.jpg.7c78d2c07b22c2b70f1b0bc9b6b114ea.jpg

I'm in the same boat, I like the backpack but don't care for a pink strike. Prolly gonna skip this one. Hopefully they'll do a separate release but if they don't, meh. 

2 hours ago, leeboo1211 said:

I'm in the same boat, I like the backpack but don't care for a pink strike. Prolly gonna skip this one. Hopefully they'll do a separate release but if they don't, meh. 

If you want the backpack but not the strike I would be willing to buy the figure off you at a later time. I just realized I ordered a second gen aile strike pack and all my MB strikes are used up currently 

The thing with P-bandai USA is that its shipped from USA..  Item have to get to USA by BOAT from Asia before they get to ship it out.  So not getting the item as fast as Japan is expected.   There was some huge delays recently due to everyone was force to use BOAT shipping.

I mainly use p-Bandai USA because its so much easier to preorder stuff.  

2 hours ago, F360 said:

The thing with P-bandai USA is that its shipped from USA..  Item have to get to USA by BOAT from Asia before they get to ship it out.  So not getting the item as fast as Japan is expected.   There was some huge delays recently due to everyone was force to use BOAT shipping.

I mainly use p-Bandai USA because its so much easier to preorder stuff.  

I would LOVE to have this option here in Mexico, I wouldnt care if it took 3-4 months more as long as it were easier to preorder it

1 hour ago, slaginpit said:

another one??? See Bandai......

I didnt think the striker pack would fit the knockoff but it did! 

image.png.20e10c6c6e257b66a61b87080db61e55.png

Hey, How do you post BIG pictures like this? Every time I add an image it's small. 

In other news.. Jesus Christ look at how much crap you can put on an a Strike Gundam. What is this? Perfect Strike Plus?

image.png.cd289c6bc1e2c937be9cf1a50fb68400.png

6 minutes ago, Grey728 said:

Hey, How do you post BIG pictures like this? Every time I add an image it's small. 

In other news.. Jesus Christ look at how much crap you can put on an a Strike Gundam. What is this? Perfect Strike Plus?

image.png.cd289c6bc1e2c937be9cf1a50fb68400.png

Bandai calls it maximum perfect form