19 hours ago, 68whiskey said:

I look at these earlier this year. The options are cool but the rumor has it that it will only be sold in Japan. So per the usual us Americans will have to pay an  "import tax" per say to get our hands on it. Hopefully they dont release the parts seperately over time. 

The real question is are these going to be limited edition/limited production type thing? If so I may bite down and get one now rather than later if/when it reaches 500-600 

I believe the stock is large and will be more stock coming. Now the third party sellers are dropping their prices. Not very bad price considering they have to go there and buy ticket and wait around 2hours to purchase this item. It is limit 2 per person

1 hour ago, carlsylar said:

3697AFAA-46DE-43CE-B57B-1BB49B40B529.jpeg

That’s awesome! I’m jealous now. :cray:

Is it ok to ask for a pic beside MB Exia or Freedom if you have it? Or with the GFFMC RX-78 The Origin? Front and side if possible. Thanks in advance! :good:

21 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Is it ok to ask for a pic beside MB Exia or Freedom if you have it? Or with the GFFMC RX-78 The Origin? Front and side if possible. Thanks in advance! :good:

So was I, then I impulse bought one at a pretty high markup (not eBay high, but high). :lol:

Thanks @carlsylarfor posting those pics, I wasn't even aware of this release before your posts about it!

-b.

3 hours ago, Kanedas Bike said:

So was I, then I impulse bought one at a pretty high markup (not eBay high, but high). :lol:

Thanks @carlsylarfor posting those pics, I wasn't even aware of this release before your posts about it!

-b.

Same here B. I keep on watching on it. But then I can't justify myself for now on spending $300 for it even though I know it's store exclusive. For me, the set feels incomplete without the rest of RX-78's weapons and accessories. 

But then we will see. It's why I ask @carlsylar if he can post some photos with MB Exia or Strike/Freedom. If it looks good, I might bite. If not, I'll just wait until we get a chance on going back in Japan and grab one there.

My Sword Striker arrived and I have to assume Bandai is deliberately designing these to be incompatible in anticipation of offering a Perfect Strike set. Even with the bastardized adapter I made to get the Aile and Launcher on at the same time there's no way to add in the sword module without owning at least two copies of it due to the way it attaches.

Hopefully it comes up soon and isn't too limited a release.

16 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Same here B. I keep on watching on it. But then I can't justify myself for now on spending $300 for it even though I know it's store exclusive. For me, the set feels incomplete without the rest of RX-78's weapons and accessories. 

But then we will see. It's why I ask @carlsylar if he can post some photos with MB Exia or Strike/Freedom. If it looks good, I might bite. If not, I'll just wait until we get a chance on going back in Japan and grab one there.

Size comparison against the metal composite. 

7d48e92d.thumb.jpg.0395747475f0104ad47b1724e151d4ad.jpg

4 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Thanks B! You're awesome! Looking forward to it. :friends:

Here ya go sir! Some quick potato quality comparison shots lol

IMG_6384.thumb.JPG.6b5c4dbadb8dafcefc7b9941055b6052.JPG

IMG_6382.thumb.JPG.063175ba88ac5055f99f8af84816691b.JPG

IMG_6383.thumb.JPG.e2e116fcb67a6e9b758fa27e7e6b9436.JPG

I haven't had much time to mess around with the figure, but it feels very much the part of a Metal Build. If you have the 40th Anniversary Gundam Fix Figuration Metal Composite RX-78-02 (or earlier release of the same figure) then this follows in the same vein. It has a really nice heft to it and the joints are solid with a bit of ratchet to them (especially the legs). 

I now need to find a 2nd one for Box Mode. :lol:

-b.

^Forgot to add, while the color between the two is very comparable the finish on the RX-78 has a matte feel to it. It's nice, certainly not glossy and not super-duper matte either.

I'm pretty impressed with it 20 minutes out of the box.

-b.

Thanks B! Really appreciate it. :friends:

By the way, can you mistake this for a Metal Build release instead of plain Chogokin figure? You know with all the things you noticed and mentioned?

I'm really liking what I'm seeing here. ;) But then it really would've been nice if it has all its weapons and accessories.

IMG_6384.JPG

On 12/27/2020 at 1:17 PM, no3Ljm said:

Sorry for the delay. Here it is! Hope this still helps.

C12508D4-B929-4CBD-849D-7ABF25017DFD.jpeg

7 hours ago, carlsylar said:

Sorry for the delay. Here it is! Hope this still helps.

C12508D4-B929-4CBD-849D-7ABF25017DFD.jpeg

This is good. Thank you so much. I really appreciate it. I’m just still contemplating on this one, you know. Since the only reason that’s stopping me is the price. And I’m just looking for more reasons if I should really get one. I just want to see how it looks with the rest of the Metal Builds if they were, say, displayed altogether. And like @Kanedas Bike comment earlier, if I understand it correctly, has the veins somehow of Metal Build. Right now, I can’t imagine if the GFFMC RX Origins, which I only have, will look good along with the two.

Again, thanks for sharing this. :hi:

15 minutes ago, weiser21 said:

How much did it set you back with shipping?

No shipping quotes yet. I just nab one last night. My guess with local and intl shipping afterwards, it might end up somewhere between Y34000 to Y36000. Hoping it will be less if EMS were available but the options that Buyee has are just DHL and Surface Mail.

Edited by no3Ljm

On 1/1/2021 at 1:03 AM, no3Ljm said:

No shipping quotes yet. I just nab one last night. My guess with local and intl shipping afterwards, it might end up somewhere between Y34000 to Y36000. Hoping it will be less if EMS were available but the options that Buyee has are just DHL and Surface Mail.

Thanks dude. Was it around Y30K shipped to your proxy?

2 hours ago, weiser21 said:

Thanks dude. Was it around Y30K shipped to your proxy?

I just checked and it looks like it just got delivered yesterday on the proxy warehouse. Almost Y30K shipped locally. DHL will cost me another Y3700. Not bad. Looks like it's below my projection. And I have 30 days before to have it shipped. :good: 

4 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

I just checked and it looks like it just got delivered yesterday on the proxy warehouse. Almost Y30K shipped locally. DHL will cost me another Y3700. Not bad. Looks like it's below my projection. And I have 30 days before to have it shipped. :good: 

Y3700 to ship a Voltes to the US? From what proxy?

13 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Thanks for the clarification dude!

On 1/5/2021 at 6:24 PM, Grey728 said:

Been eyeing this for the last 2 weeks; finally broke down and bought it from Amazon Japan. I don't even collect Gundam so it'll be my one and only (I say that now...).  Works out to Y31091 before shipping and tax.

Super quiet on the boards tonight (at least regarding tonight's preorders) - did anyone order the Metal Robot Spirits -SIDE MS- Force Impulse Gundam "Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny"?

https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail?gcode=FIGURE-122584

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10749939

https://www.hlj.com/metal-robot-damashii-side-ms-force-impulse-gundam-bans61274 (open at HLJ as I type this)

-b.

5 hours ago, Kanedas Bike said:

Super quiet on the boards tonight (at least regarding tonight's preorders) - did anyone order the Metal Robot Spirits -SIDE MS- Force Impulse Gundam "Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny"?

https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail?gcode=FIGURE-122584

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10749939

https://www.hlj.com/metal-robot-damashii-side-ms-force-impulse-gundam-bans61274 (open at HLJ as I type this)

-b.

I passed on the Impulse Gundam. It looks really good but I am going to stick with the final three suits that I have. I would pick-up Legend Gundam and Justice Gundam though to round out my current collection.