16 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Ugh, the longer the release window drags out, the more I shift from "I can skip this" to "I'll order one if I can", to "I NEEDS IT NOW!"

Ahaha I know the feeling. I think its cause I'm stuck indoors more now that I find myself shopping for things online to keep myself occupied. I just bought myself a creality3d CR-10 V2 with a BL-Touch sensor to replace my three year old Anet A8. I was eyeing the Prusa MK3S last week but the leadtime went from 5-7 days to 4-5 weeks. I'll wait till next month for that one. XD

57 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I'm not buying any more 3D printing stuff. I already have a anycube photon that I CAN'T USE due to how impossible it is to get isopropyl. Only got to make 1 print on it so far.

I did buy a whole new computer though, so there's that.

Ahh yea IPA is high in demand atm. I wanted a resin 3d SLA (or one of the others) printer but also wanted to wait for a larger volume version. There are new ones out there, but still being beta'd. I can't imagine owning a resin 3d printer and not being able to use it during this time because of supply shortage.

I was helping out with printing ventilator splitters for the hospitals in NYC just in case the apex topped out and there was an emergency shortage, so I put my potato Anet A8 to work. 

12 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I'm not buying any more 3D printing stuff. I already have a anycube photon that I CAN'T USE due to how impossible it is to get isopropyl. Only got to make 1 print on it so far.

I did buy a whole new computer though, so there's that.

You can use other detergents/anti-greaser/cleaners if you don't have any ISO...uncle jessy has a video with his limited tests. I used mean green for my first 10 or so prints, but the smell definitely lingers much longer than ISO.

1 hour ago, FattyMoBookyButt said:

You can use other detergents/anti-greaser/cleaners if you don't have any ISO...uncle jessy has a video with his limited tests. I used mean green for my first 10 or so prints, but the smell definitely lingers much longer than ISO.

Smell is a big issue, I'm in a condo. I had to set up essentially a fume hood blowing out my window for the printer itself, and it wasn't sufficient. 

1 hour ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Smell is a big issue, I'm in a condo. I had to set up essentially a fume hood blowing out my window for the printer itself, and it wasn't sufficient. 

Ahh that sucks. I ended up making a booth for my FDM printer primarily for when I print with ABS. There's a 12cm static pressure fan, hepa and carbon filter on it and it does decently well I'd say removes about 90-95% of the smell. I also planned on using it when I get an resin printer too, but I can't provide how efficient it is with that yet lol.

enclosure: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3485510

hepa filter: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1831932

carbon filter: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:663864

My rig:

Spoiler

Edited by PsYcHoDyNaMiX

8 minutes ago, HG Blows said:

Eva bundle is up on bluefin, $325 before tax/shipping.  Looks like you can add and checkout, even though the page isnt live.  

Thanks for the heads-up...order placed and confirmation email received. 

-b.

Just now, VF-Zer0S said:

I’m going to regret not getting one but I had the original and this one isn’t doing it for me either 

https://www.bluefinbrands.com/eva-01-test-type-eva2020-bundle.html

here’s the page for you folks who need one. They need payment upfront though!!

That's exactly why I did pull the trigger, fear of regret of not getting a 'thing'. I've had that far too often collecting. 

Conversely, if I regret the purchase I'll just sell it, I imagine this will hold it's value well enough. 

-b.

Well, that was either a good time or a bad time to randomly check this thread.

Either way, $360 (shipped) is a bit more than what a proxy order would have run. Unfortunately.

[edit] And now the web-page is showing 404, but fortunately after I got the order in.

Edited by Sanity is Optional

2 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Well, that was either a good time or a bad time to randomly check this thread.

Either way, $360 (shipped) is a bit more than what a proxy order would have run. Unfortunately.

$331 shipped for me.

image.png.08bac0b8bd31aacb22f874e13542e916.png

-b.

I'm in California, $30 of tax

Subtotal  $325.00
Shipping & Handling  $6.00
Grand Total (Excl.Tax) $331.00
CA STATE TAX (6%) $19.50
CA COUNTY TAX (0.25%) $0.81
CA CITY TAX (0.25%) $0.81
CA SPECIAL TAX (1%) $3.25
CA SPECIAL TAX (1.75%) $5.69
Tax
$30.06
Grand Total (Incl.Tax) $361.06

Edited by Sanity is Optional

2 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I'm in California, $30 of tax

Subtotal  $325.00
Shipping & Handling  $6.00
Grand Total (Excl.Tax) $331.00
CA STATE TAX (6%) $19.50
CA COUNTY TAX (0.25%) $0.81
CA CITY TAX (0.25%) $0.81
CA SPECIAL TAX (1%) $3.25
CA SPECIAL TAX (1.75%) $5.69
Tax
$30.06
Grand Total (Incl.Tax) $361.06

Dammmmmmmmmmmmmmnnnnnnnnn, I will never complain about a flat State Sales Tax ever again. I would be incredibly annoyed with County, City and TWO "Special Taxes".

Sorry :(

-b.

Yeah , this seems to be the first time that they marked up a item .   The previous ones were just currency conversions plus a small bit .   But this times they jack it up much more and then that California sales tax just killed for me .  :angry:

Damn that is a $picy meatball! Thanks for the link. Been scouting BFB's twitter and fb page the last day cause FJ couldn't pull through on my order T_T. Now I can stop F5'n their twitter and fb pages lol.

*Yea... I got hit with $30 state tax too >.>. Just a bit anxious that they may ship it just as they did with my MS Nu. Brown shipper box with just cardboard corners and fedex shipping labels added to the outside. I even told them I wouldn't mind paying extra for a padded out box and shipping price.

Edited by PsYcHoDyNaMiX

6 hours ago, Kanedas Bike said:

That's exactly why I did pull the trigger, fear of regret of not getting a 'thing'. I've had that far too often collecting. 

Conversely, if I regret the purchase I'll just sell it, I imagine this will hold it's value well enough. 

-b.

Besides the (re-)paint, the only difference is the inclusion of the lance, correct?

FOMO can hit hard with Metal Builds and Evangelion separately...and it's almost impossible to resist if you combine the two. But unless all the future releases start using this paint scheme as the standard, I definitely don't need variants when there's so many incredible alternatives on the release schedule. Thanks for posting VF-Zer0S.

On a related note, BBTS has some Red Astray (Strike version) available for pre-order:
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/110734

Thanks for the heads up on EVA2020. I rolled with it as well.

I’m going to keep an eye on this as well to just make sure there isn’t a price difference. It will likely show up on p-Bandai US: https://p-bandai.com/us/item/N2516615001001 

Looks like all of the other non-Japanese regions go live on Tues the 14th at 4:00 PM. I wouldn’t be surprised to see the same for the States.

Edited by DYRL VF-1S

That's weird. I know the state tax thing was implemented quite some time ago but when I ordered the Snow White from them at that time, I didn't get charged with the state tax. I'm pretty sure online sales tax was very much implemented already. Bluefin is a disappointment this time.

However, you can wait for P-Bandai Japan to order from and get it with your favorite proxy as it seems there will be another JP PO round. This is based on the rough google translation from the notice on the Eva-01 page.

Edited by crackpot

8 minutes ago, crackpot said:

That's weird. I know the state tax thing was implemented quite some time ago but when I ordered the Snow White from them at that time, I didn't get charged with the state tax. I'm pretty sure online sales tax was very much implemented already. Bluefin is a disappointment this time.

However, you can wait for P-Bandai Japan to order from and get it with your favorite proxy as it seems there will be another JP PO round. This is based on the rough google translation from the notice on the Eva-01 page.

The only issue right now is Int’l shipping. It’s not worth it unless you can get DHL, UPS, or FedEx. JapanPost is so delayed with EMS and SAL isn’t an option. I feel more confident with Bluefin’s customer service in shaky times like these. Even though their warehouse is down, so it’s unlikely any of us will get it in June even when released. 

Edit: Though it looks like Bluefin is showing an Aug release.

Edited by DYRL VF-1S

Just now, DYRL VF-1S said:

The only issue right now is Int’l shipping. It’s not worth it unless you can get DHL, UPS, or FedEx. JapanPost is so delayed with EMS and SAL isn’t an option. I feel more confident with Bluefin’s customer service in shaky times like these.

Proxies have an alloted duration for storage. Obviously the 2nd JP PO round will have a later release date, July and onwards. So with that plus storage time from the proxy, hopefully shipping options have alleviated a bit and the cheaper options will be available again or working at some capacity. 

55 minutes ago, crackpot said:

Where'd you see a 2nd batch announcement?  I checked their page and there's no indication of a 2nd run on the item page (even with the translation).

https://p-bandai.jp/item/item-1000144534/

1 minute ago, PsYcHoDyNaMiX said:

Where'd you see a 2nd batch announcement?  I checked their page and there's no indication of a 2nd run on the item page (even with the translation).

https://p-bandai.jp/item/item-1000144534/

This? Not to used to looking at the machine translations on the P-Bandai site, I get my news from you all lol.

April 10, 2020: The order of "METAL BUILD Evangelion First Unit [EVA2020]", which started receiving orders today at 16:00 on April 10th, is
scheduled to be re-ordered due to favorable reception. Please wait for the following information for details.

-b.

1 minute ago, Kanedas Bike said:

This? Not to used to looking at the machine translations on the P-Bandai site, I get my news from you all lol.

April 10, 2020: The order of "METAL BUILD Evangelion First Unit [EVA2020]", which started receiving orders today at 16:00 on April 10th, is
scheduled to be re-ordered due to favorable reception. Please wait for the following information for details.

-b.

Ooo thanks. 

On 4/11/2020 at 1:08 AM, VF-Zer0S said:

I’m going to regret not getting one but I had the original and this one isn’t doing it for me either 

https://www.bluefinbrands.com/eva-01-test-type-eva2020-bundle.html

here’s the page for you folks who need one. They need payment upfront though!!

Quick heads up: This is no longer live.  I anticipate the proper listing will go live tomorrow at 4:00 PM PDT since that this the day and time for the rest of the non-Japanese regions on P-Bandai.  But guess we'll see.  The other regions already have a listing posted on P-Bandai with "Pre-order Starts Soon" language.

Edited by DYRL VF-1S

1 minute ago, PsYcHoDyNaMiX said:

I'm still wondering if the pbandai US site will even put up a listing (seeing as they don't list/never listed any metal builds prior iirc), but hey there's always a first right?

Great point!  I'm following that and Bluefin so I guess we'll see!

8 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Quick heads up: This is no longer live.  I anticipate the proper listing will go live tomorrow at 4:00 PM PDT since that this the day and time for the rest of the non-Japanese regions on P-Bandai.  But guess we'll see.  The other regions already have a listing posted on P-Bandai with "Pre-order Starts Soon" language.

Bluefin needs somebody better to replace whoever is currently managing their website. 

If you know where to look, you'll find cheaper PO prices compared to what Bluefin listed it for. 

Pbandai US might not list it. They're not carrying metal builds at this time. Besides, Bluefin is owned by Bandai and is their distributor. If it did end up in P-Bandai US, it'll be the same price. 

22 minutes ago, crackpot said:

Bluefin needs somebody better to replace whoever is currently managing their website. 

If you know where to look, you'll find cheaper PO prices compared to what Bluefin listed it for. 

Pbandai US might not list it. They're not carrying metal builds at this time. Besides, Bluefin is owned by Bandai and is their distributor. If it did end up in P-Bandai US, it'll be the same price. 

You're assuming that the price was correct on a listing that likely was never intended to be "live."  (It's either no longer live because they ran out of stock before ever announcing or because they were just mocking up the listing and accidentally made it live.)

Also, for me, the price was less expensive with shipping than if I leveraged one of the lower POs that you're referring to.  Even if we could do SAL by the time this is released (which is doubtful,) it still ends up being with $5 of Bluefin.  The only one I've seen for cheap enough is MyKombini which sold out right away over night on release.

If you live in a place like CA with high tax, then YMMV.

Edit: And, YES, dude does Bluefin need a better UI for the website.  It sucks!  Haha.

Edited by DYRL VF-1S