4 minutes ago, carlsylar said:

I think it is a bit over priced especially the funnels are sold separately for 27500 yen

Something (anything) is worth as much as someone will pay for it. They sold out in minutes. Therefore, they're not over priced. Actually, the argument could be made that they're under priced.;)

4 minutes ago, carlsylar said:

I think it is a bit over priced especially the funnels are sold separately for 27500 yen

I think the price of the Metal Structure is fine for its scale and the level of details (assuming that this is true with the actual released item). Just think of how much it will cost you both in material and labor if you will detail up/customize a Perfect grade scale model at that level, not to mention, the figure have diecast parts in it.

40 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Something (anything) is worth as much as someone will pay for it. They sold out in minutes. Therefore, they're not over priced. Actually, the argument could be made that they're under priced.;)

someone just payed $120,000 for a banana duct taped to a wall. just because someone will pay for it doesn't mean it's worth it.

39 minutes ago, anime52k8 said:

someone just payed $120,000 for a banana duct taped to a wall. just because someone will pay for it doesn't mean it's worth it.

If only 1 person is willing to pay of it then it’s a exception,  but if there’s  many people willing to pay for multiple bananas duct taped to a wall around the world then it’s something else. 
who knows maybe those bananas has the cure for cancer, baldness, or even other body enlargement or enhancements:rofl:

Just now, F360 said:

If only 1 person is willing to pay of it then it’s a exception,  but if there’s  many people willing to pay for multiple bananas duct taped to a wall around the world then it’s something else. 
who knows maybe those bananas has the cure for cancer, baldness, or even other body enlargement or enhancements:rofl:

But not knowing the production count of this piece is there any way to tell that it's in a high demand? Retailers like BBTS even accounted for a certain number of them because they literally buy from them just like us and resell at a higher price. It obviously doesn't have the production run of a standard release but even knowing it's lower we don't know if 100 were made or 10,000. Lower production runs also result in higher price by nature because there's a more slim margin to make up for production costs.

In the end, no matter what it's a niche product at a niche scale with a hella' niche price. Are there things about it that likely give it a very high profit margin? More than likely hell yes but that can be said for damned near anything you pay for.

It's all subjective. One man's expensive is another's moderate and everyone has different priorities, general expenses, yadda yadda. As long as everyone buys what they want for the sake of their own enjoyment (vs. those "competitive collectors" and bullshit like that) and enjoys what they have then everyone's doing well. 

i want this piece we we are heading into a global recession. Something tells me that if this is successful that Bandai will release in 1/100 metal build scale. Then we might get some of the 4th party guys attempt something similar at a lower price point. If I had a job i would set aside some money for this. 

3 hours ago, carlsylar said:

There's been loads of videos and still images of the Metal Structure RX-93 Nu-Gundam, highlighting the gimmicks, features, opening hatches, LED lights etc, but almost nothing about the articulation, or perhaps lack thereof.

I'd love to know what range of motion this thing is capable of? I think so far all we have seen is that the elbows can bend 90 degrees.

I'm not expecting it to be super articulated, I do understand that the size, weight and gimmicks may be limiting factors to the amount of articulation that can be added.

However, at the insane price they are asking, I'd expected at least strong ratcheted joints on the shoulders, elbows, hips and knees, with at least a 90 degree range of movement on the knees and elbows and hopefully close to that for hip front and rear range of motion.

Hopefully this thing is not just a statue with only limited  movement in the arms.

56 minutes ago, Kuma Style said:

But not knowing the production count of this piece is there any way to tell that it's in a high demand? Retailers like BBTS even accounted for a certain number of them because they literally buy from them just like us and resell at a higher price. It obviously doesn't have the production run of a standard release but even knowing it's lower we don't know if 100 were made or 10,000. Lower production runs also result in higher price by nature because there's a more slim margin to make up for production costs.

In the end, no matter what it's a niche product at a niche scale with a hella' niche price. Are there things about it that likely give it a very high profit margin? More than likely hell yes but that can be said for damned near anything you pay for.

It's all subjective. One man's expensive is another's moderate and everyone has different priorities, general expenses, yadda yadda. As long as everyone buys what they want for the sake of their own enjoyment (vs. those "competitive collectors" and bullshit like that) and enjoys what they have then everyone's doing well. 

Amen to that.

1 hour ago, Graham said:

There's been loads of videos and still images of the Metal Structure RX-93 Nu-Gundam, highlighting the gimmicks, features, opening hatches, LED lights etc, but almost nothing about the articulation, or perhaps lack thereof.

I'd love to know what range of motion this thing is capable of? I think so far all we have seen is that the elbows can bend 90 degrees.

I'm not expecting it to be super articulated, I do understand that the size, weight and gimmicks may be limiting factors to the amount of articulation that can be added.

However, at the insane price they are asking, I'd expected at least strong ratcheted joints on the shoulders, elbows, hips and knees, with at least a 90 degree range of movement on the knees and elbows and hopefully close to that for hip front and rear range of motion.

Hopefully this thing is not just a statue with only limited  movement in the arms.

hopefully we get some detail review during the 12/14-12/16 period regarding what the Metal Structure can do - 

image.png.de2b1a56e5bc8c3e0f55171886eb25a6.png

On 12/8/2019 at 11:23 AM, mog_kupo said:

I had two different Heines and both look great, I never saw any discrepancies in color between any of them

20190523_131443.jpg

Thanks for taking the time to provide me with your insight! That said, why did you have two Heines as you mentioned? lol

On 12/8/2019 at 1:16 AM, epiksol said:

I don't own the Destiny and I'm not really looking for anything in particular. The biggest thing that stands out to me with the Heine is actually the repaint (colors). My fav color is that red/orange combination, like a fire red. 

I've read mixed reviews about the overall vibrancy of the colors and how they differ from what you see on a screen as opposed to real life; references to things more brown than orange/red.

So I guess my concern is exactly that I suppose-- how is the overall paint on this one?

I missed this...  colors are weird and not knowing exactly what pictures you've seen it's hard to say if they're accurate or not (that's a really vague question with a lot of personal variables to really try to answer.) In general, t definitely isn't a hot, vibrant red or orange but they aren't necessarily "dull" either... just like the blue on the regular destiny is. It's definitely not brown or even a shade of but it'd be more towards that end being darker than the vibrant, more neon-ish orange I think you're looking for.

"How is the overall paint?" - Another very vague question... are you talking like terms of application and finish or is this particular to the color tone/saturation again? 

4 minutes ago, BluefinBrands said:

The hype is very real. We just got a better share of them for the US than most metal builds. They are almost sold out though.

@BluefinBrandsIt would have been better though if you guys announced that it will be made available prior to the preorders in Japan going live. You didn't need a specific date of when but as long as we were aware it will happen, that would have been good enough.

Going forward, I believe a lot of us would appreciate it if that were to happen.

Edited by crackpot

12 minutes ago, crackpot said:

@BluefinBrandsIt would have been better though if you guys announced that it will be made available prior to the preorders in Japan going live. You didn't need a specific date of when but as long as we were aware it will happen, that would have been good enough.

Going forward, I believe a lot of us would appreciate it if that were to happen.

We were told we could sell it about 5 minutes before we put it live. We were hoping we were going to be able to sell it, but didn't want to promise anything we weren't able to deliver on. 

2 minutes ago, BluefinBrands said:

We were told we could sell it about 5 minutes before we put it live. We were hoping we were going to be able to sell it, but didn't want to promise anything we weren't able to deliver on. 

@BluefinBrands I see. Unless it can be communicated early on prior to any exclusive going live in Japan, I think a lot of us collectors will find ways to order from Japan so we don't miss out just in case. I can probably point out the Red Frame Kai Alternative version which was up for PO in Japan about a month ago but hasn't come up here in the US. I don't believe there are any plans of making that available here in the US, correct?

49 minutes ago, BluefinBrands said:

The hype is very real. We just got a better share of them for the US than most metal builds. They are almost sold out though.

If I wasn't relatively sure that there's another version in the pipeline, I'd probably get a second from you guys.

Unfortunately I'd already placed a pay-upfront/no-cancellation proxy order.

I'm rooting for you guys to become the US face of P-Bandai, I'd love to not have to use a proxy for so much of that stuff.

2 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

I preordered it months ago when HLJ put them up for sale.

The MB Evas are probably my favorite toys from a show I absolutely loathe. Well, maybe a toss up with Macross Delta. :lol:

Ahhhh, it sounded like you just PO'd one. I was going to find out where so I could too.;)

I didn't particularly like NGE either. I felt like there was something I was missing. Ends up I was missing A LOT. I had to watch a video on the point of the show to realize it was a philosophical discussion on the meaning of what it is to be human/an individual. I'm all about philosophical discussion. Just not as part of my robots fighting monsters show.:p If I knew that was what I was supposed to be seeing maybe I could have hooked into it a bit more. I'm not re-watching it to find out.

13 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Ahhhh, it sounded like you just PO'd one. I was going to find out where so I could too.;)

I didn't particularly like NGE either. I felt like there was something I was missing. Ends up I was missing A LOT. I had to watch a video on the point of the show to realize it was a philosophical discussion on the meaning of what it is to be human/an individual. I'm all about philosophical discussion. Just not as part of my robots fighting monsters show.:p If I knew that was what I was supposed to be seeing maybe I could have hooked into it a bit more. I'm not re-watching it to find out.

And Star Trek V was supposed to be about religious fanaticism.

Having interesting ideas doesn't make something good.

I prefer "Duel! parallel trouble adventures" as far as old giant robot shows go (and yes, it's an Eva ripoff done as a comedy), but the MB evas, and the new movies are certainly purdy.

Can't wait till my 02 comes in from USA Gundam Store in a month or two.