9 hours ago, General Rasp said:

I have a copy and personally recommend it. Is it $280 good? Probably not, I am a huge Gundam fan and have the majority of the metal builds but even that price would stop me. If you can find it for $200 - 240 definitely get it. Anything above that would be at your discretion. I have read the manga and like the suit design. If you like the pirate motif this will be the best version you can get. 

The suit is on the smaller size, like the F91, but is poses beautifully. There isn't anything impending movement other than the weapons when holstered. They changed the shoulder joint so it slides out and you can get the arms further across the chest. Like the F91 there is an extra joint in the forearm to help hold the weapons. The waist and legs work similar to previous metal builds. All of my joints have been tight and nothing is lose. 

The hole on the back is for the core fighter to plug into. It is only there because it is part of the design. Unless you are displaying the core fighter by itself the hole is a mute point. Either the core fighter will be plugged in (the X thrusters are attached to the fighter) or you will have the cloak on it. FYI you can have the cloak on while the core fighter is plugged in. It just makes the cloak look like it is flowing in the wind. 

The high point is the number of gimmicks and tampo printing. The gold tampos are really sharp and nicely done. It probably has the paint applications for the regular releases because of the shiny gold and matte colors they used. And it comes with a ton of option parts. Everything from the manga for this version of the suit is included. Plus the month opening gimmick works really well and does not get stuck. 

The only slightly negative thing I can say is the cloak took me 30 - 45 min to get setup. Bandai wants you to attached the plastic pieces a very specific way. They attached very securely but if you have to remove them you risk damaging the fabric. 

Hope that helps. There is a link to the manga if you are interested. 

https://mangarock.com/manga/mrs-serie-292407

Thank you so much for the details @General Rasp much appreciated, payment of MB Eva is around the corner from AmiAmi for me and I think for this time I will sacrifice my PO of this Crossbone MB I think the cost is a bit much of what they  are actually offering(still have some time to think about it), like I mention that huge hole in the back is a big No No for me, I know it can be covered with cross or the cape but for me is like Bandai decided to deliver this MB with that huge hole in the back cause of cost reduction hence reducing the  material put into this build, not sure if other MB has this detail. The Aile strike cost me about the same and effing love it from every angle the quality and details are superb, but for the Crossbone is really really a hard option at that price tag.  

Just read on the Hong Kong toy forums that mainland Chinese have gone to Japan and Hong Kong in hoards to sweep off all the Metal Build EVA stocks on launch day. This is absolutely insane! The Japanese are also complaining about it on twitter. I hope this craze doesn't spread to DX Macross and make it even more difficult and expensive for us to secure POs or upon launch.

6 minutes ago, CharlesXavier said:

Just read on the Hong Kong toy forums that mainland Chinese have gone to Japan and Hong Kong in hoards to sweep off all the Metal Build EVA stocks on launch day. This is absolutely insane! The Japanese are also complaining about it on twitter. I hope this craze doesn't spread to DX Macross and make it even more difficult and expensive for us to secure POs or upon launch.

You mean to resell? If that is the case, this is quickly becoming like sneakers...

46 minutes ago, enphily said:

Now i want this MB Eva too :(

You'd want to keep an eye on Amazon, BBTS, EntertainmentEarth, and other US distributors who get their stock via Bluefin. $240 isn't bad given mine via HLJ was ~$198 and shipping for it, Mafex Robocop, and Figuarts ep 3 Obi-Wan Kenobi came out to $38.

15 hours ago, CharlesXavier said:

Some see, Some say, Some heard, then gets pass around, things can get a bit exaggerated some times , especially sweep off "all the MB EVA".  But if you are in mainland China and NEEDS the Metal Build EVA, and decides to fly to Japan to get it, then more power to them.  Seems fair to me since they are investing time and money.  There's only so much one person can bring back too.   Now for Hong kong ,that's much closer so I do see that happening more, but that's been happening for anything popular for a long time there.  If the demand is high enough people will pay good money to get it, or effort /time/along with money. :p    The people buying it locally from Japan and Hong Kong could also be be Proxy store contractor's/employee.  Its not much difference than anyone else using a PROXY to get their toys. :p

Besides, there's many people from other countries preordering this MB EVA from japan, these people (myself included) are taking away at least 1 MB EVA from a potential japanese buyer.  Not that we I will stop anytime soon since I enjoy buying toys( somewhat healthy addiction?, well at least better safer than drug or alcohol) :ph34r:

Bandai Japan release = everyone from other countries preorders and buy it 

Bandai USA release = Canada and USA mainly since international shipping out in very $$$ - the price would be the same buying from higher price japanese of hongkong stores.

Bandai HK/China/Singapore/Taiwan release = half and half of above.

The only real solution is for Bandai to release more in separate batches, and/or maybe put some popular standard releases on P-Bandai TOO so the locals can have an extra option of buying it.B)) 

Some other extras are using bigger boxes ,lottery, event exclusives, etc.  (things that I dislike:ph34r:)

On 2/24/2019 at 2:01 PM, CharlesXavier said:

Well don't buy extra to resell. ;)

On 2/24/2019 at 3:05 PM, F360 said:

Some see, Some say, Some heard, then gets pass around, things can get a bit exaggerated some times , especially sweep off "all the MB EVA".  But if you are in mainland China and NEEDS the Metal Build EVA, and decides to fly to Japan to get it, then more power to them.  Seems fair to me since they are investing time and money.  There's only so much one person can bring back too.   Now for Hong kong ,that's much closer so I do see that happening more, but that's been happening for anything popular for a long time there.  If the demand is high enough people will pay good money to get it, or effort /time/along with money. :p    The people buying it locally from Japan and Hong Kong could also be be Proxy store contractor's/employee.  Its not much difference than anyone else using a PROXY to get their toys. :p

Besides, there's many people from other countries preordering this MB EVA from japan, these people (myself included) are taking away at least 1 MB EVA from a potential japanese buyer.  Not that we I will stop anytime soon since I enjoy buying toys( somewhat healthy addiction?, well at least better safer than drug or alcohol) :ph34r:

Bandai Japan release = everyone from other countries preorders and buy it 

Bandai USA release = Canada and USA mainly since international shipping out in very $$$ - the price would be the same buying from higher price japanese of hongkong stores.

Bandai HK/China/Singapore/Taiwan release = half and half of above.

The only real solution is for Bandai to release more in separate batches, and/or maybe put some popular standard releases on P-Bandai TOO so the locals can have an extra option of buying it.B)) 

Some other extras are using bigger boxes ,lottery, event exclusives, etc.  (things that I dislike:ph34r:)

I am in japan right now and I can tell you that all the stocks at kiddyland in shibuya was snatched by mainland chinese uncles and aunties within half hour on launch day. There were probably 20 boxes at the store. These people aint collectors they are flippers. Its a free maeket but I can understand how local fans could be upset. 

20 minutes ago, JLYC said:

I am in japan right now and I can tell you that all the stocks at kiddyland in shibuya was snatched by mainland chinese uncles and aunties within half hour on launch day. There were probably 20 boxes at the store. These people aint collectors they are flippers. Its a free maeket but I can understand how local fans could be upset. 

Sad thing is, they can't do anything about it . As long as you have money and you're there first, the store is obligated to sell to them.

One way is to implement a lottery system in store, but no japanese retailer are going to implement that at a toy store. 

1 hour ago, JLYC said:

Those uncle and aunties could very well be contractors for proxy stores in maindland china,  But they can also be contractors for local proxy stores too? perhap run by non-japanese people?  Its like the same uncles and aunties lining up at apple stores to get the lastest iphone.  (they don't flip it, they just get paid to line up and drop off that a proxy dealer later) ,  so most locals just preorder it online on preorder date.

I can understand why fans are upset too, but then if you think about it more, if you are a hardcore fan, you could've preorder it on pre order date, or if you missed it, you would start looking on where to secure one before release date,  and if all else fails, you would line up early before the uncles and aunties to get it.  It might sound harsh but I say the same to my friends too.  Free Market is anything but free, you have to spend the time and effort if you want to get the best deal.

Another way to help local fans, are for stores to start a CARD system like buying alcohol, only they check for your japanese passport.  So only japanese can buy them. :huh:  it will work but would not look good.

8 minutes ago, F360 said:

Those uncle and aunties could very well be contractors for proxy stores in maindland china,  But they can also be contractors for local proxy stores too? perhap run by non-japanese people?  Its like the same uncles and aunties lining up at apple stores to get the lastest iphone.  (they don't flip it, they just get paid to line up and drop off that a proxy dealer later) ,  so most locals just preorder it online on preorder date.

I can understand why fans are upset too, but then if you think about it more, if you are a hardcore fan, you could've preorder it on pre order date, or if you missed it, you would start looking on where to secure one before release date,  and if all else fails, you would line up early before the uncles and aunties to get it.  It might sound harsh but I say the same to my friends too.  Free Market is anything but free, you have to spend the time and effort if you want to get the best deal.

Another way to help local fans, are for stores to start a CARD system like buying alcohol, only they check for your japanese passport.  So only japanese can buy them. :huh:  it will work but would not look good.

I was in Japan in Dec last year and a very popular e-cig maker called Iqos was coming out with a new model and you needed a japanese passport to buy one. I'm an American and they wouldn't even let me purchase at one of their flagship stores. If they can do a first round of stock sale like that, it wouldn't be out of the question. 

Edited by oshinex

Let face it, any hobby thats popular enough to be profitable will birth these low-life resellers that ruins it for the true fans. May it be concert tix, sneakers, ... 

I heard in China, people use to buy tons of train tickets around Chinese New Years and sell high to people desperate to go home to see their families for the holidays. No shame. 

Edited by oshinex

Actually it's pretty much true that in any product, it all boils down to simple demand and supply. insufficient supply to meet demand = inflation.

And the shops or online retailers have no obligations to limit or restrict sales per customer. At the day's end they just want to clear their inventory fast and get their revenue.

Certain retailers will limit 1 piece per customer because they are confident that they will sell out the item. You don't see them set any limits for lesser popular items such as figuarts Zero or Robot spirits. they will allow from 3 up to 12 or even 24 pieces per customer.

Of course it gets frustrating for us if we cannot even secure a piece when we see other collectors get their 2nd, 3rd, 4th or more pieces. But it's up to your luck, efforts and resourcefulness to be able to these highly sought after toys whether or not it serves to fulfill collectors or scalpers who are purely getting them for profits. I don't like paying more than PO price for the items but sometimes it just can't be helped when there isn't enough to go around, such as the Metal Build Strike Freedom Soul Blue version. You win some you lose some, though there are those who always have lady luck shining on them. Good for them.

As for us buying extras, a lot of us are guilty of that. Some of us buy extras to display the toys in their various forms and some of us do that so that we have a brand new unopened piece to satisfy that collector's quirk in us. But sometimes down the road we might sell some of our extras for various reasons such as space constrains, financial needs or lost of love for the toy. Some of us will sell it to fellow collectors at cost or PO price, some of us will sell it at the market price, which can be higher or lower than the original PO price. Some toys appreciate in value while some just plunge totally.

While there are true honorable collectors who sell their spares at cost (whom I totally salute and respect wholeheartedly), I will be blunt to say others are self-righteous collectors who claim to have this "principle" of selling/buying at PO price or slightly above as a code of honor, but this "code" only applies to the toys whose values have inflated 50%, double or even more than their original PO price. If the value of the toy has dropped to below PO price, do you still see these collectors honor their "code"? Most likely not. People will scorn those who profits but never sympathize with those who make losses. This is a very screwed and selfish mindset. Personally I have made profits and losses from the extras I have, whether I sold them soon after release or months after that. And I am not bothered by what others say because the price is dependent on the market forces and ultimately it's a willing buyer willing seller situation.

So as we collectors continue to discuss, harp, complain or bitch about this demand and supply driven trend, the ultimate entity that can impose some initiative to ease this tension, would be Bandai itself. Perhaps Bandai intentionally wants to control the quantity to keep the demand high so that their Metal Build line continues to be the premium highly sought after line. Or maybe there are manufacturing restrictions that doesn't allow them to make more than what the factories can deliver.

At the day's end, it's a hobby. You are supposed to enjoy it. If you aren't, perhaps it's better to move on to other less heart wrenching or stressful stuffs. Do not point your anger and grievances to scalpers or retailers. If there's one direction to point at, it is Bandai.

Got mine in.Shoulder joints are not as tight as I want, but they're not loose. It's taller than I expected, but that's mainly because I've learned to tone down my expectations whenever I get a big box from Bandai (e.g. SOC Full Action series).

After posing it a bit, it seems the ankles are a bit loose on mine too. Be careful if you have the same issue as a face plant might snap the horn off the head.

Edited by ArchieNov