FEXT Hobby - OWL ONE Armour

Saburo

I have kept my A and B sets, and added a C set to my initial order.

I have discuss a little with Fext and it seemed that they were not close to their goal for production for the first round at 1st December. That's why I am pessimistic these armors will make their way to production n March, without some kind of aggressive marketing and advertising.

It isn’t a surprise the 1/60’s weren’t as popular. 1/60’s are no longer ubiquitous or affordable like the Hi-Metals are now.  Anybody who wants this armor will likely want doubles of anything they have so one can be displayed like it eas seen on screen and then another can be supplemented with the custom armor.  Where exactly am I supposed to track down another affordable CF for one of these armors?

• 4 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

What are the chances of the 1/60 size to be as ‘made-to-order’ rather than being ‘mass produced’ just in case they didn’t met the goal beforehand?

I'd wager very low, since these are injection molded parts. It's not economical to make molds below a certain production volume, likewise each batch needs to be a certain quantity.

Has anyone had any issues contacting Fext?  I got a set of 1/100 armor that was missing a piece, but they have refused to reply to my emails.  I'm missing the shoulder cover.  Has anyone else had issues like this, and if so, how was it resolved?

OWL missing piece.jpg

10 minutes ago, Pontus said:

Has anyone had any issues contacting Fext?  I got a set of 1/100 armor that was missing a piece, but they have refused to reply to my emails.  I'm missing the shoulder cover.  Has anyone else had issues like this, and if so, how was it resolved?

OWL missing piece.jpg

I emailed them twice to switch my 1/60 armor preorder and they haven’t responded. It’s been a while now, since they extended the order deadline. 

42 minutes ago, Pontus said:

OWL missing piece.jpg

Had the exact same issue on one of mine. Emailed them, got a response back, and they shipped me the cover to install. I'd say give them a few days, and if they haven't responded poke them again.

19 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Had the exact same issue on one of mine. Emailed them, got a response back, and they shipped me the cover to install. I'd say give them a few days, and if they haven't responded poke them again.

Ah, thank you, phew.  Good to know how they handled it.  I emailed on Jan. 5th and again on the 8th, so I guess I'll wait. 

I should have had some patience ordering as well.  They only had the 101 for sale at the time and all others were out of stock.  I figured they probably only had a limited run, and I really wanted the 102F with the gattling guns and shoulder cannons (especially since none of the HMRs I bought had them), so I gave in to the scalper on ebay charging double.  Now I see that they have them available again.  :bigshok: facepalm (how is there no facepalm emoji?)

They contacted me last night, and they're shipping my missing piece today!  :D  And I got my 102F in the mail last night.  Kakizaki is now properly and characteristically armed. to. the. teeth!  And the teeth are missiles!  This armor is so much fun because it doesn't hinder articulation much.

IMG_20190110_223114.jpg.02ad58b653e24a18f8a3876ad72aa4bd.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, seti88 said:

*awaiting with heavy breathing* :rolleyes:

@seti88 I might be able to post a pic or 2 tonight. kinda busy lately.

18 hours ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Very cool. Can’t wait to see more!

@spacemanoeuvres soon. :)

18 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Cool, so it will probably make it to production? They still haven’t responded to my request to change to one of the newer color schemes so I hope they don’t send me the wrong one. 

@Slave IV I am not sure, it seems as though they have not met production numbers they were aiming for yet.  They sent over the prototypes for me to take photos of them, I hope that the photos help increase orders to meet the numbers.  I really want the OWL One 1/60 armor. Much more detail then the 1/100 scale.

17 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

@Saburo Looks nice. :good:

Thanks @no3Ljm

1 minute ago, Saburo said:

@seti88 I might be able to post a pic or 2 tonight. kinda busy lately.

@spacemanoeuvres soon. :)

@Slave IV I am not sure, it seems as though they have not met production numbers they were aiming for yet.  They sent over the prototypes for me to take photos of them, I hope that the photos help increase orders to meet the numbers.  I really want the OWL One 1/60 armor. Much more detail then the 1/100 scale.

Thanks @no3Ljm

Thanks! Good to know and I look forward to seeing your always beautiful pics!