9 minutes ago, peter said:

I've never actually watched Ultraman.....maybe I should?

Same here, I have a CrunchyRoll account and it seems every older iteration of Ultraman is on there, but there's just so many series and I would have zero idea where to start. If this is something new, and I can get on board from the beginning, I may have to check it out.

I'd say start with the original, I watched the US version as a kid (hiding behind the chair), but it has not aged well.  The monsters have zippers and wear slippers a number of times.  I saw a bit of a series from the nineties I'm guessing (from the bad CGI) and it was not much better.  Sometimes growing up is a bummer.

Off topic - but this reminds me it is time to search Youtube for Johnny Socko and his Flying Robot, Ultraman, Space Giants, and Dynaman (USA up all night version) vids again.

15 hours ago, Tking22 said:

Same here, I have a CrunchyRoll account and it seems every older iteration of Ultraman is on there, but there's just so many series and I would have zero idea where to start. If this is something new, and I can get on board from the beginning, I may have to check it out.

This is the sequel to the older/original Ultraman/s so it should be easier to follow. Ignore the newer power ranger-ish ultraman/s. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Odd, I thought Ultraman's license was tied up in some extremely weird shenanigans.

TO THE INTERNET!

Okay, the appeals on the last round of lawsuits were ended in April 2018, ruling that for US copyright purposes original production company Tsubaraya owns the entire franchise unambiguously.

Like everyone else's courts, the US courts determined the contract transferring some and/or all rights to Chaiyo Productions is, to use a bit of legalese, a complete fake and totally bogus. So as of a couple months ago, there's no license confusion in America.

And this production is licensed by Tsubaraya, the ACTUAL owners of the franchise.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
23 hours ago, TehPW said:

*cries a little* My brother loved this sh*t when he was alive... :/ It's not my particular cup of tea but it does look... different?

Based on the manga as a sequel to the OG ultraman tv series. That is actually a mechanical suit worn by Hayate's son.

There's a color difference in the first suit compared to the manga's. More red at the thigh and upper chest area to match OG ultraman colors

The manga is not bad if anyone wants to check it out. It's available in english.

1ultramanSDCC.jpg

Edited by eXis10z

39 minutes ago, Mazinger said:

But will the batteries run out after 3 minutes?

Don't worry about the batteries. They still manage to win every battle with a drained battery. Who knows? Maybe this time they're using Lithium Batteries.  ^_^ 

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/30/2018 at 12:57 AM, no3Ljm said:

Don't worry about the batteries. They still manage to win every battle with a drained battery. Who knows? Maybe this time they're using Lithium Batteries.  ^_^ 

I think that battery drain thing is a ruse.  It actually takes 2 minutes 45 seconds for the main power system to charge up...

• 3 months later...
8 minutes ago, Dynaman said:

OK, I'm in.  I'm surprised the trailer has no english dubbing or subtitling though.  Maybe just my machine?

There was no english subtitles nor an option of english audio in the video. I think the earlier trailer was posted by Netflix international while the latest one is posted by Netflix Japan. Maybe in a day or two we will see an english sub on the main Netflix YouTube account.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I watched the first episode last night and was favorably impressed.  It really does follow the first series only.  The english VA are good and the animation style works well - the modern computer style but fluid and better cell shading then most of them have.

Spoiler

Only real complaint was the original Ultraman not remembering he was Ultraman for all of ten minutes.  What was the point?  Perhaps future episodes will fill that in.

I watched the first two episodes last night. Really liking what I’m seeing. 

I couldn't figure out the' hidden content' option here, but i got the feeling some details made sense..

Edited by Bolt