Matsushiro Jetfire question

Skull Leader

So... either my search-fu has failed me, or else I'm imagining things...

Wasn't there a definitive list of all the different micro-variations of Matsushiro Jetfires and their progression from the originals in 84 to when Bandai took them over? Am I smoking crack? Maybe it was on the old Valkyrie-Exchange website? I've got a loose one enroute to me, and I'd like to be able to date it in the progression if I can.

http://www.oocities.org/futuristgroup/vauto.html#jetfire

This is the most comprehensive site that I've found, with 7 different Jetfire variations listed. But be warned, it's an old site and won't win any aesthetic awards. The only potential inaccuracy I see is that it lists all of the Matsushiro Jetfires as having "ridged/notched" head lasers. But I've seen a couple of people claim to have bought Matsushiro Jetfires that were still taped shut by the factory and have "smooth/fat" head lasers. With fans Frankensteining their Jetfires together for various reasons, I don't know if we'll ever be a definitive answer.

I've seen  Matsushiros unboxed that had the fat head lasers, so there are legit ones out there. Pretty sure they just used up the remaining matsushiro stock and went to the other ones.

Thanks again, guys!

unless it was franken-valked (which is always a possibility), this is indeed a legit matsushiro. It's missing the ridged head lasers and the higher-up autobot symbol on the nose, but it's got the backpack, wing, canopy, and manufacturer's plate of a matsu....  interestingly enough, unless it was peeled off and cleaned up VERY well (the part has yellowed uniformly on top), this jetfire was also pre-rub symbol....

fun fact, evidently one of my jetfires is a "transition" variant... huh, I didn't know that was a thing (I just thought someone frankenvalked it)

Edited by Skull Leader