9 hours ago, hutch said:

So far as I have read we have no idea when this will be on any streaming service. The most authoritative thing I’ve read said that it would be on Netflix in 18 months after release?

Sony has been releasing their latest movies for streaming about two months after their theatrical debut. So I would expect it'll be online sometime in February.

3 hours ago, hutch said:

Nope. Only Spider-Man movies from 2022 onward. 

That is a good point, It didn't even occur to me that 

Spoiler

They might have erased everyone's memory to yank him completely out of the MCU. Since they left him in the MCU reality (as opposed to dropping him into the Venom universe) I'm hoping that's not the case. Tom Holland is still one of the best Avengers in RDJ's absence, and I'd hate to see him come back into the fold, even if he does have to get to know everyone again. Plus with the impending arrival of the X-Men, there's so many new opportunities.

Here's a question though. 

Spoiler

Was there a resolution to the Stark tech thing? While the global defense net is gone, is there any mention of Pepper or Happy taking the system itself back?

Fun but lacks logic.  Hate not talking about spoilers so I'll talk in terms of what we can guess from the trailers.  Villains are pulled before they died/defeated from other movie universes into the MCU.  Events that happen in this movie would have an effect when they return to their universes/movies.  Each of those movies would end differently and that would lead to different sequels.   

One big time paradox.

6 hours ago, Roy Focker said:

Fun but lacks logic.  Hate not talking about spoilers so I'll talk in terms of what we can guess from the trailers.  Villains are pulled before they died/defeated from other movie universes into the MCU.  Events that happen in this movie would have an effect when they return to their universes/movies.  Each of those movies would end differently and that would lead to different sequels.   

One big time paradox.

As i understand it being explained to me, this spiderman movie would be a nexus event.

When the villians are returned to their universes, the so called movies would end differently. But the movies will be another variant ie multiverse thread.
This would be different from time travel.

That would be up to the extent i can explain what will happen. 😅

It's an interesting way to potentially reset the Spiderman franchise again.  Tabula Rasa.

So, if they wanted to, they could divorce Sony from Marvel again in a way.  After all, friendly neighborhood spiderman doesn't have to interact with all of the big ones in the MCU.  After all, Holland might be getting expensive.  Time to find the next Garfield.

10 hours ago, kalvasflam said:

It's an interesting way to potentially reset the Spiderman franchise again.  Tabula Rasa.

So, if they wanted to, they could divorce Sony from Marvel again in a way.  After all, friendly neighborhood spiderman doesn't have to interact with all of the big ones in the MCU.  After all, Holland might be getting expensive.  Time to find the next Garfield.

Already confirmed that Holland and Co are back with the MCU for at least another Trilogy. Makes sense. It’s like printing money. 

16 hours ago, kalvasflam said:

After all, Holland might be getting expensive.  Time to find the next Garfield.

Probably time to introduce Miles Morales. Gotta join Hailee's Kate Bishop, Florence's Yelena Belova, and soon to be Kathryn Newton's Cassie Lang.

37 minutes ago, azrael said:

Probably time to introduce Miles Morales. Gotta join Hailee's Kate Bishop, Florence's Yelena Belova, and soon to be Kathryn Newton's Cassie Lang.

you'd have to admire Disney for trying to turn over their cast.  In reality, since their story boards are already written courtesy of Marvel, they can get away with a whole lot.  As long as the comic books keep churning out new ideas, interesting villains, they could keep the gravy train going forever.  I think the trick for them is to build up a generational audience.  Cycle out the older >45 year old actors and actresses as main characters over the course of a decade or two, keeping up a long overriding arc on their movies, and then slowly phase those out.

You figure, you have got a new Capt America, some type of new Black Panther, a new Widow, a new Hawkeye, etc, and pretty soon, new X-men.  You can toss in the multiverse, and suddenly, you've got Avengers vs Magneto, Spiderman taking on Hydra, X-men against the Sinister Six.  Then run through the variation on the storylines to fit in the time frames, I mean you could do a stand alone Omega Red vs Wolverine, and the list goes endlessly on and on.  The money machine keeps on churning, especially if little Bob does as well as his predecessor, Sideshow Bob, and starts grooming a successor Bob, they'll manage somehow.  Even though their parks business and store business are still on a long path to recover.

32 minutes ago, kalvasflam said:

you'd have to admire Disney for trying to turn over their cast.  In reality, since their story boards are already written courtesy of Marvel, they can get away with a whole lot.  As long as the comic books keep churning out new ideas, interesting villains, they could keep the gravy train going forever.  I think the trick for them is to build up a generational audience.  Cycle out the older >45 year old actors and actresses as main characters over the course of a decade or two, keeping up a long overriding arc on their movies, and then slowly phase those out.

You figure, you have got a new Capt America, some type of new Black Panther, a new Widow, a new Hawkeye, etc, and pretty soon, new X-men. 

Oh yeah, Iman Vellani’s Kamala Khan, Tatiana Maslany’s Jennifer Walters… The old cast pretty much is getting phased out.

2 hours ago, azrael said:

Oh yeah, Iman Vellani’s Kamala Khan, Tatiana Maslany’s Jennifer Walters… The old cast pretty much is getting phased out.

Largely smartly though IMO. I’m enjoying the performances of a lot of the “new” versions like Yelena and Kate. 

I did forget that to keep things moving along… they do need to bring back the older actors periodically, like they already did with Hopkins and Russo in Thor, Redford in Winter Soldier, Jolie in Eternals, the entire spider cast in the last movie, enough to pull in the old audience to squeeze the turnip for a little more dinero while transitioning to a younger crowd with money.  And give it more gravitas.  

I mean you can see it, a few years from now when Cumberbach passes on the torch, they can cameo like RDJ did in how many movies.  Toss in Ruffalo, what’s her name in Captain Marvel and so forth.  Then cycle in new actors and so forth.  Just like Johnny Cash mentioned in the prison song.

6 hours ago, kalvasflam said:

I did forget that to keep things moving along… they do need to bring back the older actors periodically, like they already did with Hopkins and Russo in Thor, Redford in Winter Soldier, Jolie in Eternals, the entire spider cast in the last movie, enough to pull in the old audience to squeeze the turnip for a little more dinero while transitioning to a younger crowd with money.  And give it more gravitas.  

I mean you can see it, a few years from now when Cumberbach passes on the torch, they can cameo like RDJ did in how many movies.  Toss in Ruffalo, what’s her name in Captain Marvel and so forth.  Then cycle in new actors and so forth.  Just like Johnny Cash mentioned in the prison song.

Dude, calm down already. We get it, now go relax & watch an indie movie or somethin'.

I'm not sure if I'm alone on this or not but Andrew Garfield is my favorite off all the live action Spider-Mans even though I agree that both Amazing Spider-Man films were just OK and not as good as Tobey's 1 and 2 and Holland's trilogy. Andrew Garfield himself was by far the best thing in the Amazing movies and I blame the filmmakers for failing on everything else. That said, Garfield stole the show for me in a movie full of show stealers.

In the first half of the movie, I kept going "Peter, STOP! Peter, that's stupid, don't do that" and then there was a point where it all clicked for me and I enjoyed the hell out if it.

I think this is a close 2nd to Into the Spider-verse for me in terms of Spider-Man movies. Loved it.

On 12/17/2021 at 8:36 PM, Roy Focker said:

One big time paradox.

Spoiler

I was thinking about this too at first. Like early on, I just didn't get why Peter was out to save these guys who's fate had already been set in their own universes. I kept thinking...just send them back to their fates and be done already, Pete. But this wasn't a time travel movie per se. If Pete goes on and saves them (cures them here and it being more important to his own ideals in this universe) and then sends them back and changes their fates, there are still infinite universes out there where these guys die. Same as there being infinite universes where they live or never became green goblin or the lizard or Doc Ock or stubbed their toe at this instance...whatever. Then knowing this, it just becomes well in THIS universe, these guys actually get saved and are sent back successfully changed for the better and it thematically fits in with the ideals of what Spider-Man stands for.

So yeah, the other Spider-Man stories still happened.

Edited by xrentonx