Well I dont find any topic about this DC movie...

I like much "Captain Marvel" of DC.

Zachary Levin dressed like Captain Marvel in March of 2018

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-5480075/First-look-Zachary-Levi-costume-Shazam.html

Promocinal pic in this week from the Twitter

33191540_1773236809382465_41004233893682

And his meme XD
33107404_1779134258812426_72885212932829

(i don't know have this chocolat drink in the other countries...

51TBE8ncctL.jpg)

Not sure how to feel about this, seems so light hearted and fun, and this is in the same universe as Murder Bat? I know JL tried to dial it back on the darkness, but that dark gloominess just hangs over everything DC film related in my eyes. It just seems so awkward realizing this guy lives in the same universe as You Live if Martha, and that super edgy, cut yourself on him Leto Joker from SS.

• 1 month later...

Why aren't they drinking beer?

I don't know anything about this Super Hero.  From the picture it looks like a teenager got him to buy him beer from the convenience store.  Yet they're drinking cola?  

11 minutes ago, Roy Focker said:

I don't know anything about this Super Hero.  From the picture it looks like a teenager got him to buy him beer from the convenience store.  Yet they're drinking cola?  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captain_Marvel_(DC_Comics)

11 minutes ago, Roy Focker said:

Lol. Long story short, he's actually a young boy named Billy Batson, he yells out "Shazam!" when he wants to turn into his big super hero alter ego. Underneath the looks and muscle, Shazam is a little boy, who likes cola and sugar.

To be fair, I only remember him as Captain Marvel, not Shazam. Even then, I never read his stand alone stuff, I only knew about him when he popped up in bigger storylines. I don't even remember when his mainstream name switched to Shazam. I get why they changed it, but it comes off as super weird to me that he yells out the name of the wizard that gave him his powers to change, then he keeps the wizard's name and calls himself Shazam? Captain Marvel made more sense, as far as making sense can go with this character, Shazam is just a cheesy acronym from what I remember.

It was all due to lawsuits and property rights to the name. If I got it correct the creators of Superman sued back in the old days because they felt that Captain Marvel was a Superman ripoff. The name was up for grabs and marvel picked up the rights to the name, but not the actual character. Then DC picked up the rights to the actual character and the name waffled back and forth for a while until more recent times. Now marvel has captain marvel and dc has Shazam.

The show young justice had captain marvel being called captain marvel, and that wasn’t too far back. I liked his story there since he was part of the justice league, but then got down graded when they found out he wasn’t old enough to be a member. In that show he was like an average kid that loved to have fun, but sometimes had the body of an adult Superman.

• 5 months later...

So... Tom Hanks' Big (1988) + super powers = Shazam...? I'm not ragging on it - it actually looks like a lot more fun than any of the other DC movies which have thus far come out. I may go see this.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...