1 hour ago, Black Valkyrie said:

Yeah as Dynaman said, not really a remake. Maybe create a new thread and post it up in there? Freddie deserves his own thread, and this movie has been in development hell for over a decade, I remember when Sacha Baron Cohen was going to be Freddie.

I wonder how it will be.  At one point Sacha Baron Cohen was looking to make a pretty hard R bio-pic and Brian May was adamantly against it because he wanted to protect Freddie.  It makes me think back to an interview with Freddie where he was asked how he wanted to be remembered and he replied, "I don't care, just don't make me boring."  Hopefully this won't be boring.

Well this for one is gonna be the movie to sit through the end credits!

And maybe dance on the cinema stage too! haha :D

BTW, my first queen song that i ever heard was radio gaga and was singing gaga and goo goo whenever i could ^_^

Edited by seti88

20 hours ago, seti88 said:

BTW, my first queen song that i ever heard was radio gaga and was singing gaga and goo goo whenever i could ^_^

I think my first Queen song I heard had to be Flash Gordon when I first saw the movie back in 1980 when I was about seven years old.

Edited by TangledThorns

8 hours ago, TangledThorns said:

I think my first Queen song I heard had to be Flash Gordon when I first saw the movie back in 1980 when I was about seven years old.

Hmm that might be my first queen song too, but no.

Cos i didn't know it was queen who sang it when i was a kid!

4 hours ago, seti88 said:

Hmm that might be my first queen song too, but no.

Cos i didn't know it was queen who sang it when i was a kid!

I didn't know it was Queen either :) Most likely my first Queen song as my parents didn't care for rock opera music back then. Boy, we really had far less choices of access to media when we were kids, lol.

2 hours ago, tekering said:

I love how many obscure Muppet characters they managed to work into that... although I could've done with a little less of the inarticulate Animal.

Thanks for sharing!  :D

Not liking Animal is heresy my man.  Plus his bit got rid of the whole "killing a man" part of the song, which is more than the Muppets is known for even though they are not quite as squeaky clean as we normally think.

I've been following this movie for years, even before Sacha was attached, I am a MASSIVE Queen fan, I've already got tickets for their residency with Adam Lambert here in Vegas.

My main fear for this film is exactly what Sacha pointed out, and they were his reasons for dropping off the project after 6 years. Apparently Brian May himself let Sacha know something "magic" happened half way through the movie, Freddie dies... Half way through the movie. Sacha, as I would imagine many others, thought that sounded utterly ridiculous. Brian wanted the entire second half of the film to follow Queen after Freddie's death, but let's be real here, people want to go see this to see one of the single greatest performers in history immortalized on the big screen by a competent actor.

Also, Sacha learned the band wanted very, very little of Freddie's male lover's or "close" friends depicted in the film. That is another bummer, that is not Freddie. Kind of lame if they dial back on that part of his life.

On 5/16/2018 at 10:41 PM, 505thAirborne said:

So Snafu & Sledge from HBO's The Pacific will portray Freddie Mercury & John Deacon.... awesome!! B))

I am looking forward to this movie!! 

I usually see him as Elliot Alderson, rocking a hoodie and a one-tone monologue. ;)

Always a trip to see Rami Malek in other roles, but pretty sure he'll knock it out and disappear into the role.

21 hours ago, Mog said:

I usually see him as Elliot Alderson, rocking a hoodie and a one-tone monologue. ;)

Always a trip to see Rami Malek in other roles, but pretty sure he'll knock it out and disappear into the role.

So very true, although I had just finished watching an episode of The Pacific and then saw this trailer. :D

When Rami says "this is when the operatic section comes in" his facial expression had me sold on seeing this film. 

I read those stories from Sacha as well.  He wanted to focus on Freddie with the movie ending with his death.  They wanted it to be about the band and how the band goes on without him.  I'm guessing in this is going to conclude with Live Aid.   As the story goes everyone thought Queen lost their steam prior to it and stole the entire show.  It makes a happy conclusion to the movie.  They'll freeze frame it on Freddie and text on screen will tell us the rest.  A movie about Queen the Band is awesome rocking fun.  A movie about Freddie Mercury is good storytelling.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I love Gwilym Lee as Brian May, but I'm rapidly losing confidence in Rami Malek as Freddie...

tiny.jpeg.72fa263becc44a40300685c64f2fbe2d.jpeg

...I mean, was Bryan Singer deliberately framing him to look like a scrawny teenager?

queen-1977-photo.png

This is what Freddie Mercury looked like in '77, when "We Will Rock You" was composed and recorded.  The short hair and mustache was '80s Freddie.

I mean, if the movie couldn't even get that right...  :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...