Wave 1/72 scale VF -4 lightning III

mustang1

Glad you noticed,  unfortunately the engine the cell doesn’t fit too well.   There’s a natural gap for some reason and I’m not that great with putty.  so it created an uneven surface but it had an unexpected result that I thought looked really cool so I just left a semi gap and then painted a gun metal stripe running up the engine.  Actually kind of prefer it that way .   Of course that meant I had to do the same thing to the other side for uniformity.  But I like the end result looks like the Canon has a groove. 

Edited by mustang1

5 hours ago, mustang1 said:

I usually do, but this is a snap together kits and the lines get a bit difficult. 

I'e built one and working on 2 more, that section goes together fine with a small line of tamiya limonene extra thin and some clamping while it sets. ONLY PUT THE GLUE ON THAT FRONT SECTION OF THE NACELLE THOUGH AND NOT INTO THE SNAP FIT HOLLOW RODS... I've discovered the plastic deforms in the snap fit rod from the cement and can show a dimple on the nacelle surface. 

That join then needs I tiny bit of putty on the tip under the gun only. As it's a flat bit it's super easy to do and sand smooth.

To get the decals in the correct place just follow the page from the Master File - which I will scan and post into the other vf4 thread already going here - as Wave doesn't show much at all for placement. Some decals are also optional like the two versions of the beam gun warning arrows

Edited by NZEOD

7 hours ago, NZEOD said:

I'e built one and working on 2 more, that section goes together fine with a small line of tamiya limonene extra thin and some clamping while it sets. ONLY PUT THE GLUE ON THAT FRONT SECTION OF THE NACELLE THOUGH AND NOT INTO THE SNAP FIT HOLLOW RODS... I've discovered the plastic deforms in the snap fit rod from the cement and can show a dimple on the nacelle surface. 

That join then needs I tiny bit of putty on the tip under the gun only. As it's a flat bit it's super easy to do and sand smooth.

To get the decals in the correct place just follow the page from the Master File - which I will scan and post into the other vf4 thread already going here - as Wave doesn't show much at all for placement. Some decals are also optional like the two versions of the beam gun warning arrows

Awesome! Thanks for the tip! May build another and try your method. Any pics? 

9 hours ago, mustang1 said:

Awesome! Thanks for the tip! May build another and try your method. Any pics? 

photos are up in the original VF-4 thread