Jump to content

Eaglemoss Star Trek Starship, BSG & other starships Collection


Sandman
 Share

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Sildani said:

Changed later as part of the transition from practical models to CGI models. This model represents the Bonchune as seen in the Voyager episode “Message in a Bottle,” and by that time the CG was being used. 
 

 

The stand “squeezes” the nacelle pylons into that shape. Out of the stand they’re pretty much dead straight. This is one stand that’s going to be replaced. 

I posted about the flawed stand in the new toys thread as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cool thanks for the info Sildani, I kind of suspected that was the case but all the images in the included magazine didn’t show the lower hull for the cg ship. Just the physical model. 
 

Chris

Link to comment
Share on other sites

$49.99 maybe but $499.99 they are out of their minds! Yet It will probably sell so what do I know.:search:

Chris

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Thom said:

$499.99...

NOV19-We-Are-Laughing-Eyman.gif

I think they need to do this a little bit!

giphy.webp

:rofl: all that and some more scornful laughter on top!

 

the Hell are the thinking?

Edited by slide
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Definitely a crazy price, but I believe that's at least partly due to the size.  If I heard correctly, it's 44 inches long.  Don't know why the dimensions got left off the images, they're clearly meant to be labeled.

That's a massive chunky centerpiece of a toy.  The Polar Lights 1/350 kit?  That one's only 32 inches.  This is roughly 1/250 scale. 

I honestly would give it a pass anyhow, because I don't care for the proportions, but despite the playset features, this really can't be called anything but an adult-focused display piece.

Edited by Chronocidal
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Dobber said:

Looks like Kirk left a couple of his toupee’s in front by the view screen! Lol

 

Aren't those tribbles?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, sketchley said:

Aren't those tribbles?

I’m sure they are, but they look just like the Hair pieces…especially when looking at Chekov in that picture.

Chris

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Anyone have the Orville XL? I really liked that show and am contemplating grabbing my first Eaglemoss, I really liked that ship. I checked reviews and it seems a bit of a mixed bag, there's some pretty bad paint detail and markings on some, others seem mostly fine. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Just from the reviews I've watched, I want to say the Nebula and Ambassador are probably on the good side of that bunch, but I can't remember anything about the Miranda at the moment.

Sovereign I would throw to the bottom of the barrel there, because that one just disappointed me on every level, since it's one of my favorites that I considered grabbing.  Misaligned windows galore, the aztec pattern looks like some quarter-assed waffle iron stamp that looks nothing like the actual ship, and the clear plastic warp grilles look incredibly cheap, both since you can see straight through them, and since they left them completely unpainted, despite including several solid parts of the nacelle in the mold. 

Edited by Chronocidal
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Eaglemoss needs to do the Classic Colonial shuttle to go with the Landram.

Hoping for a IL series to go with the Centurions as well.

Just received the Eaglemoss USCMC APC. At 20cm its much larger than my tiny Cinemachines version.

IMG-20210818-WA0000.jpg.ec2276288c5fbaf17d53d54d740ce0b1.jpg

Edited by Podtastic
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Podtastic said:

Just received the Eaglemoss USCMC APC. At 20cm its much larger than my tiny Cinemachines version.

IMG-20210818-WA0000.jpg.ec2276288c5fbaf17d53d54d740ce0b1.jpg

Is that a subtle jungle camo paint scheme I see, or just really bad compression artifacts? :unsure:

Either way, it's a lousy camera. 😅

1 hour ago, Chronocidal said:

I want to say the Nebula and Ambassador are probably on the good side of that bunch, but I can't remember anything about the Miranda at the moment.

I'd recommend the XL Reliant:

1966535353_XLRelianttopside.jpg.a73d6dd1e9e564cc84240b5695f5fb79.jpg

315746494_XLReliantunderside.jpg.36b91dbdab3562227b86362a4e8bb94a.jpg

766983979_XLReliantbackside.jpg.bfd547659f8c5c5b7f87e04863246a95.jpg

1 hour ago, Chronocidal said:

the clear plastic warp grilles look incredibly cheap, both since you can see straight through them, and since they left them completely unpainted, despite including several solid parts of the nacelle in the mold

That also describes the navigational deflector on the Ambassador-class Enterprise (as previously discussed in this thread).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, tekering said:

Is that a subtle jungle camo paint 

It's appears to be an extremely subtle camo something on the actual model.🧐

46 minutes ago, tekering said:

Either way, it's a lousy camera. 😅

It's just my old cellphone camera.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, tekering said:

That also describes the navigational deflector on the Ambassador-class Enterprise (as previously discussed in this thread).

True, I hadn't entirely forgotten about that one.  The clear plastic just looks bad in general on almost every release I've seen, but at least the Ambassador deflector was all supposed to be blue.

The Miranda does look nice though.  If only they would release an Enterprise refit to go along with it. :p 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Chronocidal said:

The Miranda does look nice though.  If only they would release an Enterprise refit to go along with it. :p 

I display mine next to the old pre-painted Bandai kit...

803207597_EnterpriseBandaikitscale.jpg.36f485e55b64054cb92ce225e1cd59c7.jpg

I think they scale quite well together. ^_^

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Dobber said:

Fully armed and armored Blood and Chrome Galactica is next up! The Big G in her prime  😎

6A289221-0A47-45CA-98F9-E430E8D46474.jpeg.d21f53ac7528d0a19d694188336ab53d.jpeg

https://shop.eaglemoss.com/us/hero-collector/battlestar-galactica-ships-collection/galactica-blood-chrome
 

 

Nice! Might have to grab this one plus another MKIII Viper. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Anyone on the fence about the Star Trek Online ships, I'll say this, they are great! I am loving most of the ship designs.  Ordered and got these two in today, Klingon Mogh Bartle cruiser and Romulan ReLahl warbird. They are amazing. Eaglemoss nailed these. I can't find a single flaw. (Even with my magnifying glasses on!) Highly recommended! 

20210911_171930.jpg

20210911_171937.jpg

20210911_172008.jpg

20210911_172041.jpg

20210911_172147.jpg

20210911_172200.jpg

20210911_172210.jpg

20210911_172300.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nice! There are a few I’m interested in getting too, but I find several of the Fed designs only look good from certain angles. It seems like several of them have kind of large blunt or blocky looking deflector areas that just ruin the overall design for me. The Klingon and Romulus designs look pretty great though.

Chris

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Dobber said:

Nice! There are a few I’m interested in getting too, but I find several of the Fed designs only look good from certain angles. It seems like several of them have kind of large blunt or blocky looking deflector areas that just ruin the overall design for me. The Klingon and Romulus designs look pretty great though.

Chris

Yeah, when I got my Aelahl and Bortasqu' I made the same observation.  None of their Fed designs are any good but they've pretty much nailed every single Romulan and Klingon design they've done.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

If anyone is interested and has some spare cash burning a hole in your pocket, there is a really good sale on a LOT of ships on the Eaglemoss website. Oddball enemy TNG ships for like $15 bucks each and almost ALL STD ships along with some others. On Saturday, I  got a pretty sizable order of things I wanted but didn't want to pay full price for.  Got 25% off the entire order on top of the sales prices of the ships AND free shipping! I'll post pics when they all show up. FYI they said there might be a shipping delay because of volume of orders coming in. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/20/2021 at 2:31 AM, Chronocidal said:

Just from the reviews I've watched, I want to say the Nebula and Ambassador are probably on the good side of that bunch, but I can't remember anything about the Miranda at the moment.

Sovereign I would throw to the bottom of the barrel there, because that one just disappointed me on every level, since it's one of my favorites that I considered grabbing.  Misaligned windows galore, the aztec pattern looks like some quarter-assed waffle iron stamp that looks nothing like the actual ship, and the clear plastic warp grilles look incredibly cheap, both since you can see straight through them, and since they left them completely unpainted, despite including several solid parts of the nacelle in the mold. 

Sounds like the Eaglemoss collection can be pretty hit or miss....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, derex3592 said:

If anyone is interested and has some spare cash burning a hole in your pocket, there is a really good sale on a LOT of ships on the Eaglemoss website. Oddball enemy TNG ships for like $15 bucks each and almost ALL STD ships along with some others. On Saturday, I  got a pretty sizable order of things I wanted but didn't want to pay full price for.  Got 25% off the entire order on top of the sales prices of the ships AND free shipping! I'll post pics when they all show up. FYI they said there might be a shipping delay because of volume of orders coming in. 

Speaking of the shop website..

Anyone notice this one?
https://shop.eaglemoss.com/us/hero-collector/bc-304-daedalus-model

Sadly the only couple I think I'd be after aren't on sale (or in stock at the moment, so I'll hold off for now.  I might eventually pick up the Mk VII Viper and modern Raider, but the quality lottery on their Trek releases doesn't feel worth playing to me.

Edited by Chronocidal
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...