Eaglemoss Star Trek Starship, BSG & other starships Collection

Sandman

15 minutes ago, David Hingtgen said:

Anyone else think the Discovery 1701 looks too pale/grey/matte?  "Season 1 finale" I thought it looked rather NX-01 ish, in having like a darker, metallic hull.  But the model is pretty much just "dull pale grey", almost primer-colored.  Pretty boring, and disappointing (since I REALLY like the design, and thought we might be getting like a gunmetal-ish 1701 or something). 

I agree, it looks way too plain.

Edited by Mommar

Comparison pic via TrekYards:

Cap005dISC.jpg

That's how I see the Discovery Enterprise, and "color-wise" it works incredibly well to be "between" ENT and TOS.  But the Eaglemoss model just doesn't look like that, even trying to account for "awesome dark nebula cloud lighting" etc.  

3 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Semi-related question: How's their Battlestar Galactica stuff?

IMO, the best stuff Eaglemoss makes. The Vipers are pretty much in scale with the Moebius 1/32 scale kits. Galactica herself is gorgeous. The TOS Baseship is nicely detailed without large sidewalks of the old Minigram kit....but IMO too weathered. The Baseship was always a nice light gray with minimal weathering. While it looks “Cool” I do think they shouldn’t have weathered it. So far it is the only line I own all of the models to. 

Chris

7 hours ago, David Hingtgen said:

Comparison pic via TrekYards:

Cap005dISC.jpg

That's how I see the Discovery Enterprise, and "color-wise" it works incredibly well to be "between" ENT and TOS.  But the Eaglemoss model just doesn't look like that, even trying to account for "awesome dark nebula cloud lighting" etc.  

I love the Discovery Enterprise too. While I think the Eaglemoss model is beautiful with nicely done paneling I do agree that maybe a more metallic paint would have been better. Maybe what the used for their Kobayashi Maru.

E20B685D-3C1E-4676-B9CA-3C41F4D908B5.thumb.jpeg.dd1cc77eb3fe5e65f418fb7d8bd23d8c.jpeg

David, since you asked about Reliant:

5A14C429-D614-4646-A0C4-0F9BD5D76C82.thumb.jpeg.a795f4e30f1442274c7588fc0492a4e2.jpeg

757565E8-5472-4626-9538-6FD9D817A1D4.thumb.jpeg.1119fe1b4f597915d11c72ed5818c015.jpeg

Oh, and Reliants name IS there, it’s just hard to see in the pictures for some reason. 

Edited by Dobber

4 hours ago, Dobber said:

IMO, the best stuff Eaglemoss makes. The Vipers are pretty much in scale with the Moebius 1/32 scale kits. Galactica herself is gorgeous. The TOS Baseship is nicely detailed without large sidewalks of the old Minigram kit....but IMO too weathered. The Baseship was always a nice light gray with minimal weathering. While it looks “Cool” I do think they shouldn’t have weathered it. So far it is the only line I own all of the models to. 

Chris

Cool, good to hear.

Signed up for the BSG subscription when they had the special in December. $20 for the Galactica, plus another every 2 months. Still waiting on the Galactica since it apparently went out of stock...

So, another question: how do the subscriptions work? I know it's every 2 months they charge you and send you a new ship. What ships do they send? Do they just go in order of issue after the first one they send, or do they send you the latest one released, or what?

8 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

So, another question: how do the subscriptions work? I know it's every 2 months they charge you and send you a new ship. What ships do they send? Do they just go in order of issue after the first one they send, or do they send you the latest one released, or what?

They start at the beginning as far as I know. I’m 1 issue behind and just got the Baseship. I ordered the Mk7 from the shop separately as I love them and don’t want to wait for it, especially if it runs out of stock by the time it should be sent to me. If you want to skip an issue you just call them and tell them to skip a particular issue...or maybe you have to show that you already purchased said issue from the shop to be able to skip it in your subscription. I did that with the Galactica.

Chris

Edited by Dobber

Hmmm, maybe that’s what they’ll do then. I see that they are advertising the Baseship as the sign-up ship now. I wonder if it starts where you signed up at and earlier ships are up to you or if they use the advertised ship first, then go back to the start. I understand that is unreasonable for large lines like Trek, but BSG is only 6 in at the moment. I’d suggest giving them a call to find out.

Chris

On 1/23/2019 at 11:34 PM, David Hingtgen said:

Anyone have the XL Reliant?  Seems to be the best XL I think, and am tempted.  

(What I REALLY want is an XL Nebula, with non-crooked pylons)

Well an XL Thunderchild is up for pre-order now and they’ve already done an XL reliant and XL Excelsior is coming soon.  Maybe they’ll get to an XL Nebula sooner rather than later.

1 hour ago, Mommar said:

Well an XL Thunderchild is up for pre-order now and they’ve already done an XL reliant and XL Excelsior is coming soon.  Maybe they’ll get to an XL Nebula sooner rather than later.

That would be great! I personally want them to do an Enterprise Refit with the team that did the Reliant. The E-A is a terrible model and inexcusable considering all the reference material available for it. The design deserves better and Eaglemoss can clearly do better as seen on a great many of their models. For some reason they keep screwing up the Refit/E-A design. :unknw:

Chris

Edited by Dobber

1 hour ago, Dobber said:

That would be great! I personally want them to do an Enterprise Refit with the team that did the Reliant. The E-A is a terrible model and inexcusable considering all the reference material available for it. The design deserves better and Eaglemoss can clearly do better as seen on a great many of their models. For some reason they keep screwing up the Refit/E-A design. :unknw:

Chris

The original A release was done just fine.  The refit was terrible, and the XL A was atrocious.  Which really dissappointed me given it’s my favorite Enterprise design.

That’s kind of my point...the Refit was the first of the 2 in the normal starship line up. It was issue #2. The E-A was released much later (#72) and was an all new model that improved off of the original Refit release. The XL line reversed it by releasing the E-A “first”. Like you the Refit/E-A design is my favorite Enterprise too. I hope they’ll make an XL Refit that is an all new sculpt. The Defiant, TOS E, E-D, E-E, Disco E, Kobayashi Maru, E-B all are fantastic large Models. I hear Voyager is pretty nice too. Really the only flat out horrible model in the XL line is the E-A. The XL E-C is a great sculpt....the only accurate E-C out there as every other model or mini is a mix of the E-C and Yamaguchi....the only thing letting the XL E-C done is the poor secondary hull paint job.

Chris

2 hours ago, Dobber said:

That’s kind of my point...the Refit was the first of the 2 in the normal starship line up. It was issue #2. The E-A was released much later (#72) and was an all new model that improved off of the original Refit release. The XL line reversed it by releasing the E-A “first”. Like you the Refit/E-A design is my favorite Enterprise too. I hope they’ll make an XL Refit that is an all new sculpt. The Defiant, TOS E, E-D, E-E, Disco E, Kobayashi Maru, E-B all are fantastic large Models. I hear Voyager is pretty nice too. Really the only flat out horrible model in the XL line is the E-A. The XL E-C is a great sculpt....the only accurate E-C out there as every other model or mini is a mix of the E-C and Yamaguchi....the only thing letting the XL E-C done is the poor secondary hull paint job.

Chris

I’m not familiar with the differences between the C and Yamaguchi.

For those of you who are interested the BSG subscription is starting with the TOS Baseship at 50% off. Looks like it then starts from the beginning with the MK2 Viper and Cylon Raider. Offer ends soon.

EB0A1568-6C59-4936-87FA-67E8E87B6230.thumb.jpeg.ebfc152b9a3b5b37c301adb0e17d3de5.jpeg

19 minutes ago, Dobber said:

Also, just got shipping notices for the Bonaventure and the Mk7 Viper. 

Chris

I was about to post this, my Bonaventure is in processing.  Hopefully it doesn't show up broken, three times, like USS Curry was for me.

• 1 month later...

I got the standard issue E-F already due to a mistake by Eaglemoss. They sent me one instead of the Bonaventure, even though the E-F was due for release. They said it was a mistake at the warehouse. 

Merchantman is available to preorder at the US store as well.

Chris

I kind of like the oddity that is the Online Livery snd will get it too.  Did they happen to tell you if you eant the Bonaventure you need to order it again?  That’s what I had to do.

Edited by Mommar

5 minutes ago, Mommar said:

I kind of like the oddity that is the Online Livery snd will get it too.  Did they happen to tell you if you eant the Bonaventure you need to order it again?  That’s what I had to do.

I had to order the Bonaventure again. They called me and asked if I wanted to keep the Enterprise-F and I did so they said go ahead and then order the Bonaventure again since they are the same price. Did you get the E-F by mistake too?

Chris

edit: the Bonaventure is AWESOME and so worth it. ^_^

Edited by Dobber

Yeah, they sent me the F instead ofnthe Bonaventure too.

The Bonaventure is an amazing addition to the line.  It looks great from every angle.  Though Indon’t feel like it’s a bridge between the NX and TOS era.  It looks more like the NX to Refit. 

9 hours ago, Mommar said:

Yeah, they sent me the F instead ofnthe Bonaventure too.

The Bonaventure is an amazing addition to the line.  It looks great from every angle.  Though Indon’t feel like it’s a bridge between the NX and TOS era.  It looks more like the NX to Refit. 

I’d LOVE a Bonaventure in the XL line as the tiny size is it’s only drawback for me. As for the design, I think it would’ve been a better NX than what we got. I just watched  Enterprise in it’s entirety for the first time a week ago and I found it to bee a really good show that really just suffered from when it came out...just after Voyager, DS9, and Next Gen and people where just tired of that kind of Trek. Now, after nearly 20 years of cynical gloomy sic-fi Enterprise was a breath of fresh air to me....I’d recommend people give it a try again . I came to appreciate the NX design a little more but still think something like the Bonaventure would’ve been better.

Chris

Edited by Dobber

Only the final season of Enterprise was good, minus the two part opener and that awful, awful finale. Easily the worst finale of any Trek series and one of the worst finales for TV shows in general.

I don't know who's worse: Captain Janeway doing terrible things because she knows better but doesn't care, or Captain Archer doing terrible things because he's too stupid to know better.

Eaglemoss needs to go back and fix the refit Enterprise for the XL line. That one was easily the worst of the XL series.

32 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Only the final season of Enterprise was good, minus the two part opener and that awful, awful finale. Easily the worst finale of any Trek series and one of the worst finales for TV shows in general.

I don't know who's worse: Captain Janeway doing terrible things because she knows better but doesn't care, or Captain Archer doing terrible things because he's too stupid to know better.

Eaglemoss needs to go back and fix the refit Enterprise for the XL line. That one was easily the worst of the XL series.

I disagree about Enterprise, I was pleasantly surprised by it....though I agree about the finale.

How Eaglemoss completely bungled the XL Enterprise A is beyond me. It fails on every level. Hopefully they will release a Refit with a new sculpt. If they can knock it out of the park with the Reliant and the Discovery ships, there is no reason why they can’t for the Refit. After all they made 2 different sculpts for the Refit and A in the standard line.  Let’s hopeB))

Chris