Jump to content

Eaglemoss Star Trek Starship, BSG & other starships Collection


Sandman
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Atheonyirh said:

They're doing a few more, announced within the last week or so, and apparently will be doing even more later. And yes, that's the Eclipse-class from STO.

Which STO ships have they announced?  I haven't seen that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oh, I somehow missed the IrishTrekkie video on this.  Looks like they're doing the Reliant Concept (i.e. upside down), the Pike version of the 1701.

An XL K'Tinga. The Dreadnought version of the D as well. They're actually going to do an XL version of the Ent J...

I've never played STO but the Gagarin is clearly just a retooled Discovery ship.  Nothing too exciting IMO.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Mommar said:

Here's both of the STO models.  I think they both look fairly awful, really.  Well.. the Chimera is so-so, but not a great design IMO.  It barely feels like it's Federation.

74912319_2399691613681246_19559780828378

Looks like someone stuck Sovereign-class warp nacelles onto the Shepherd-class CG model for the USS Gagarin from Star Trek: Discovery... and that mostly looked like someone had turned the Centaur-type CG model from DS9 upside-down.

 

2 hours ago, Mommar said:

73364069_2399691637014577_30719159676562

Starfleet designs got WEIRD after the Expanded Universe stuff started having Starfleet adopt quantum slipstream drives.

Both of these are pretty freaking ugly, though. :( 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Seto Kaiba said:

Starfleet designs got WEIRD after the Expanded Universe stuff started having Starfleet adopt quantum slipstream drives.

Both of these are pretty freaking ugly, though. :( 

Yeah, it's a wide hit/miss ratio in that game. Honestly since the Eclipse there hasn't been a ship that turned my head based on looks. 

Most are by function and that is due to the moderate amount of carriers they released a few years back.

The Chimera is an old design, it was gifted to Lifers back when the game went F2P.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Mommar said:

Here's both of the STO models.  I think they both look fairly awful, really.  Well.. the Chimera is so-so, but not a great design IMO.  It barely feels like it's Federation.

74912319_2399691613681246_19559780828378

73364069_2399691637014577_30719159676562

Meh, those are okay. Not every ship can be a first-rate beauty like the refit Constitution.

We prefer things we're familiar with, after all. I wasn't wild about the Enterprise-E when I first saw it in 1996, but it's grown into a favorite of mine.

What's with the orange bussard collectors? Going retro TOS there?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Hey I was gonna say that!

Great minds think alike.

 

1 minute ago, DewPoint said:

I kinda brain dumped that.  That was the main method of attack in that movie!

I regret remembering any part of that movie, really. But we all have our cross to bear.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

I enjoyed Nemesis! Not because it was a good movie; it was goddamn awful. But it was so awful it was strangely enjoyable, much like Star Trek V.

I just rewatched Street Fighter for similar reasons. At the time, I was taking this all too seriously.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, JB0 said:

I just rewatched Street Fighter for similar reasons. At the time, I was taking this all too seriously.

Yeah, gotta learn to appreciate movies that are so bad, they're good. :)

The only Trek movies I find unwatchable are The Motion(less) Picture (because it's soooo boring) and Into Darkness (for being incredibly bad and stupid in an unenjoyable way).

To keep things on track, I meant to do a comparison between the Eaglemoss Excelsior and Enterprise-B. There's a bunch of differences between the two, and I'm not talking about the differences that were made on the studio model, but rather Eaglemoss's bizarre choices. For example, the saucer on the Excelsior is noticeably thicker than the Enterprise-B, when they should identical (at least at this scale).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Lolicon said:

To keep things on track, I meant to do a comparison between the Eaglemoss Excelsior and Enterprise-B. There's a bunch of differences between the two, and I'm not talking about the differences that were made on the studio model, but rather Eaglemoss's bizarre choices. For example, the saucer on the Excelsior is noticeably thicker than the Enterprise-B, when they should identical (at least at this scale).

Oh, do tell, please.  (Just as interesting are the "shouldn't be" differences between the Ertl kits of the two, despite sharing many parts) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

I gotta ask.. seriously, what is up with the weathering they apply to these?  The Akira looked like it got run over by a tractor, and this thing looks like it got scribbled on with chalk.

Do they just.. make up the details on the fly?  When they use the weathering to highlight existing details, it comes out fine, but plain surfaces just look like someone drew all over them so they weren't blank.

Edited by Chronocidal
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/4/2019 at 7:56 AM, Mommar said:

Here's both of the STO models.  I think they both look fairly awful, really.  Well.. the Chimera is so-so, but not a great design IMO.  It barely feels like it's Federation.

74912319_2399691613681246_19559780828378

73364069_2399691637014577_30719159676562

Is this for some sort of weird star trek/mass effect crossover? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Got me a cheap shelf off Amazon with an Ebay refund and transported all my Eaglemoss fleet from a back room at home where I never got to see them hardly to my office at work.  Shelf 2 is on the way for the rest (now on top of a cart) and will mount flush side by side with shelf 1.  I like it so far. Luckily the father and son owners are cool with me having a geeky office .:D  Son's a Trekkie  as are at least 1/2 of my coworkers so I have that going for me!

20200106_154819.jpg

20200106_154826.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, derex3592 said:

Got me a cheap shelf off Amazon with an Ebay refund and transported all my Eaglemoss fleet from a back room at home where I never got to see them hardly to my office at work.  Shelf 2 is on the way for the rest (now on top of a cart) and will mount flush side by side with shelf 1.  I like it so far. Luckily the father and son owners are cool with me having a geeky office .:D  Son's a Trekkie  as are at least 1/2 of my coworkers so I have that going for me!

20200106_154819.jpg

20200106_154826.jpg

What kind of shelf did you buy?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • azrael changed the title to Eaglemoss Star Trek Starship, BSG & other starships Collection

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...