Eaglemoss Star Trek Starship, BSG & other starships Collection

Sandman

11 hours ago, Podtastic said:

I havent watched Nancy Drew since the 70s😶

I'm actually liking this Nancy Drew. I think it's a nice mix of mystery, drama and the supernatural. And of the two seasons I've watched, I've only disliked two episodes. The second being when they shoe-horned in an introduction to Tom Swift. Waiting for S3 to be on streaming (to binge the whole thing) or dvd.

30 minutes ago, Big s said:

I had to catch up on the previous page. I thought I was in the wrong thread when I saw the comments about Nancy Drew. 

😄 Back to your regularly scheduled thread!

As to B5, I would much prefer a continuation rather than yet another reboot. You've done it once, now leave it alone and move on. That being said, if you liked what Straczynski did with the original series, more than likely there is a good chance, you'll like the remake as well. But that's no guarantee. Just better odds.

On 1/26/2022 at 11:48 PM, Thom said:

shoe-horned in an introduction to Tom Swift.

Tom Swift? Our school library used to have those. It was Tom Swift jr of course but I used to love them.

Tom Swift and his Repelatron Skyway etc...ah the memories.🙂 

Anyway if they ever do B5 ships then I definitely want pre-reboot Vorlons.

Edited by Podtastic

Dragging things back on topic a bit, I actually didn't realize this and only discovered it by going through my Enterprise-D subscription emails..

One of the extras from last fall was a pair of shuttle models.  Not labeled as XL, but they're fairly large scale, I think I want to guess somewhere around 1/48 via comparison with a random pilot figure I have on my desk.

The pack included both the Type 6 shuttle, and the Type 15 shuttlepod.  The pod I've always thought was a rather silly little box, but the Type 6 I always appreciated as a somewhat believable update to the shuttle design in ST:V.  Not a bad model, I think Eaglemoss is at their best making these sorts of solid designs.

ShuttleModel.jpg.fab9cb48a73281ee4ee2a7f761e8d831.jpg

Though I must admit, I'm curious at what source they used for the text for the shuttle's name?  I wouldn't have expected the font to be the TOS title font, especially when the print on the booklet shows the same as the rest of the TNG registry font. :p 

Edited by Chronocidal

On 1/26/2022 at 6:10 PM, Thom said:

😄 Back to your regularly scheduled thread!

As to B5, I would much prefer a continuation rather than yet another reboot. You've done it once, now leave it alone and move on. That being said, if you liked what Straczynski did with the original series, more than likely there is a good chance, you'll like the remake as well. But that's no guarantee. Just better odds.

Personally, I'd like to see more from B5 about the fleets and such. I know the main point was the station, but going forward, I'm sure there were more to the Earth forces than just what we saw thus far.

2 hours ago, pengbuzz said:

Personally, I'd like to see more from B5 about the fleets and such. I know the main point was the station, but going forward, I'm sure there were more to the Earth forces than just what we saw thus far.

I would have loved a series with Ivanova and the Warlock.

3 hours ago, pengbuzz said:

Well, Claudia Christian is still available as an actress, so they could do something with that!

I’d be so down for that! She can be the CO of Thunderer 😎

307A2DBE-C73B-4BB7-8CB5-A332D057069E.jpeg.260984d78d6d0db2c85ddbc5b67f8818.jpeg

Edited by Dobber

1 hour ago, Dobber said:

I’d be so down for that! She can be the CO of Thunderer 😎

307A2DBE-C73B-4BB7-8CB5-A332D057069E.jpeg.260984d78d6d0db2c85ddbc5b67f8818.jpeg

1 hour ago, Thom said:

By now Thunderer could be Admiral Ivanova's flagship!

As would I; I'd love to see her in command of that, taking a task force out to some troublesome star system...

On 1/30/2022 at 5:28 PM, Chronocidal said:

Though I must admit, I'm curious at what source they used for the text for the shuttle's name?

I don't recognize it either... nor can I find any reference to a shuttle Goooaro. <_<

13 hours ago, wwwmwww said:

Does this answer the question?

https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/USS_Goddard

Not the best font choice if you ask me.

Carl

More like the completely wrong font choice.  

type6-shuttle.jpg

It's supposed to be the standard TNG registry font, which... would match the rest of the text everywhere else on the shuttle.  Why they would use the TOS title font instead for that one label is unfortunately just one of those typical Eaglemoss "WTF were you smoking?" moments.

Fortunately, in the grand scheme of things, that's a really minor flaw in an otherwise very good model.

Also, on a positive note, after finding a review of the previously released shuttle, I can confirm this one should really be called an XL version.

This is the original issue here, which came out long ago:

This one looks about twice as large, with a whole lot more detail, both engraved and painted.

While looking for a review of this one, I also discovered that there is a second bonus set coming with the Enterprise D build-up that includes the other "Type 6" shuttle, which is actually a TNG repaint of the shuttle used in ST:V, as well as the 1701-D captain's Yacht.. which is just a flying saucer. :lol: 

Edited by Chronocidal

14 hours ago, sqidd said:

I haven't seen the expanse yet. Is this ship particularly formidable?

6 hours ago, Podtastic said:

I haven't seen the expanse yet. Is this ship particularly formidable?

2 hours ago, Dobber said:

No it’s a racing ship. Meant to break speed records. Like a racing yacht. A civilian vessel and favorite “play thing” of a rich girl.

Chris

Like Dobber said, not a combat ship. A racing yacht.

It factors in the show and is around quite a bit in the show though. And part of one of the best "space battles" of the series. I also think it looks cool.:good:

3 hours ago, Thom said:

I don't think we can even call it a yacht, considering it is just an engine slapped onto a pilot's cabin. Real sleek ship though. Glad they didn't change the name of it on the show. 

Yeah, I think "Cigarette Boat" (Cigarette being a brand name though) would probably be more accurate.

Cue Miami Vice soundtrack.....

Edited by sqidd

1 hour ago, Dynaman said:

Of course in space there is no need at all for it to be streamlined.  Even at the speed ships in The Expanse can accelerate.

Yeah, but it's a racer, so it's built for show as much as for speed. Consider it being wrapped in a big advertiser's billboard.

11 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

It’s siloed on the surface of a planet at the start, so air resistance does matter some.

I thought they got the Razorback from a mothership? I know there was a ship siloed on Earth that Amos and Co used to escape in, but I don't think that was the Razorback. If we're thinking of the same instance.