Eaglemoss Star Trek Starship, BSG & other starships Collection

Sandman

2 hours ago, Dobber said:

That one is going to be quite big, 12.8 inches. Pulled the trigger on it as I passed on the standard one. Hoping for a Donnager too.

Chris

Where did you order it from? I don't see it on BBTS. Thanks

9 hours ago, sqidd said:

Where did you order it from? I don't see it on BBTS. Thanks

7 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Yup, ordered direct from Eaglemoss. It already takes long enough for them to get things in stock without having to wait even longer for BBTS to get things. I’m still waiting on the Armored Galactica and the XL Sulaco. Dates for them have been pushed back a little already. It’s pretty common with Eaglemoss unfortunately. 

Chris

11 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

3 hours ago, Dobber said:

Yup, ordered direct from Eaglemoss. It already takes long enough for them to get things in stock without having to wait even longer for BBTS to get things. I’m still waiting on the Armored Galactica and the XL Sulaco. Dates for them have been pushed back a little already. It’s pretty common with Eaglemoss unfortunately. 

Chris

Thank you gents.:hi:

I ended up canceling the small one I had on PO through BBTS.

7 hours ago, Axelay said:

I got the first release, but this new one... very tempting. I wish it was XL scale, though.

Yeah, it’s clearly larger than the original Titan but not XL scale like the Cerritos. Weird. 

Here are some comparison shots at similar angles:

5F389794-C7AA-4381-9AE6-88AB25A3FE90.jpeg.e1a62958d66ef0ce3ecf41ee525f1b55.jpeg

15E72991-E816-433F-80C9-0D07B4FA346C.jpeg.9c90c323e1228932fb5042074307b03f.jpeg

7642B59D-15C5-48FA-86C5-E778FDEC9B72.jpeg.f367c413cea01d7a2944075a3642f8a7.jpeg

CF332F30-529B-4E9C-BEB3-269AF57E909F.jpeg.c4ab5b6b45ee9ec97a9040f9d5f9b5bf.jpeg

biggest difference I see besides scale and coloring is the different Bussard collector shroud. I can see some other details and refinements but that is the biggest difference. I want to get this but I also don’t want them to just turn around and immediately release an XL like they are doing with the Roccinante.

Chris

Eaglemoss announcement sent in email to collectors in Dec. 

Correction: I misspoke, it is the final ship. Whether the figures continue I don’t know. 

Edited by Dobber

15 minutes ago, Dobber said:

Eaglemoss announcement sent in email to collectors in Dec. 

Correction: I misspoke, it is the final ship. Whether the figures continue I don’t know. 

Well it is kind of random if they make a daggit but none of the colonials.

It's a little sad that their not doing the Cylon Tanker, but at least they did the classic Colonial shuttle.

Be nice if they did some Buck Rogers ships. I could use an Eaglemoss Warhawk.

4 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

Wouldn't mind Buck Rogers, but I'd be far more interested in some good quality Babylon 5 ships.  They've got a pretty massive variety to choose from too.

If only I could like this comment more than once!

Chris

6 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

Wouldn't mind Buck Rogers, but I'd be far more interested in some good quality Babylon 5 ships.  They've got a pretty massive variety to choose from too.

B5 ships would get me to part with my money for sure.  The only that would make me part with it faster would be ships from Spiral War: Liberators.

I just finished a Warlock class Destroyer and a Hyperion Class Heavy Cruiser models and now working on one of my favorites the Omega Class Destroyer. I still want MOOOORE! Lol

Chris

9 hours ago, Mommar said:

Christ, they’re going to ruin another property?

😬 Thats always what always worries me when hear/see the word "reboot."

Othet than the TV series "Reboot" which was great.😄

8 hours ago, Keith said:

it's being developed for The CW.

What is CW? Do I want to know?😬

5 minutes ago, Podtastic said:

😬 Thats always what always worries me when hear/see the word "reboot."

Othet than the TV series "Reboot" which was great.😄

You know, Riverdale, Nancy Drew, Arrowverse shows, etc.

37 minutes ago, Podtastic said:

It's a TV network born on the heels of its 2 defunct predecessors, UPN and WB, back in 2006.  By their own admission, with very few exceptions -- which almost invariably degenerate into it, it is pathologically focused on identity politics and spreading "The Message" in everything they produce.  :rolleyes:Oddly enough:rolleyes:, their strategy has NEVER turned a profit, and now ViacomCBS is either considering, or actively attempting (depends on the source), to sell that albatross.  In short, it's a wasteland.

1 hour ago, mechaninac said:

It's a TV network born on the heels of its 2 defunct predecessors, UPN and WB, back in 2006.  By their own admission, with very few exceptions -- which almost invariably degenerate into it, it is pathologically focused on identity politics and spreading "The Message" in everything they produce.  :rolleyes:Oddly enough:rolleyes:, their strategy has NEVER turned a profit, and now ViacomCBS is either considering, or actively attempting (depends on the source), to sell that albatross.  In short, it's a wasteland.

And also more “teen” drama type shows. Which is Ok in small doses but to bank most of a series on the model gets very tiresome. IMO

JMS has already come out saying he is updating the story to reflect more modern politics etc. which is sad because after rewatching the original it still very much reflects the modern day climate of internal conflicts, authoritarianism, mouthpiece media manipulation etc. Wherever you may fall on the political spectrum it applies and works for most as we see the “other”side in the “bad” guys and our own in the “good” guys. Unfortunately, too often in todays story telling there is never any nuance and is always told as “my political side good your side is bad. “ and nothing can be left open to interpretation. 

Edited by Dobber

2 hours ago, mechaninac said:

It's a TV network born on the heels of its 2 defunct predecessors, UPN and WB, back in 2006.  By their own admission, with very few exceptions -- which almost invariably degenerate into it, it is pathologically focused on identity politics and spreading "The Message" in everything they produce.

Aargh!

2 hours ago, mechaninac said:

and now ViacomCBS is either considering, or actively attempting (depends on the source), to sell that albatross.  In short, it's a wasteland.

The sooner the better. I'm not in the mood for reflexively headbutting the TV screen ever again. 🤕