Eaglemoss Star Trek Starship, BSG & other starships Collection

Sandman

12 hours ago, Thom said:

Try the Ascension class nacelles for sale from Federation Models. Based on the Refit but with a slightly different configuration on top and the front grill area. They have two different sizes for sale, both the 1/537 and for the 1/1000.  The 1/537 Refit is stated at being about 22 inches long overall, so they may be a little oversized.(?)

rmc-39_parts.jpg

That is a sweet backdate to the design! Or would that be fore-date..?

Those are the ones I had my eye on. Someone on SSM had a set and gave me the dimensions and I think they are going to be FAR too big.

dimensions given are:

L: 11.61” / 295mm
W: 1.06” / 27mm
H: 1.14” / 29mm - not including the area on the bottom of each nacelle where it mates to the pylons.

I think I may have to cave in and order the STD Section 31 Drone. I don't watch STD, but that is just a wicked looking ship. Also want to pull the trigger on the XL Ent J, but am going to wait for the reviews in hand before I do because well...Eaglemoss..LOL. 

On 12/28/2019 at 8:09 PM, Lolicon said:

A little off topic, but this may be of interest to you guys. 

Hard to find Aoshima Enterprise-D available for 25k right now. This is the TV image color version. 

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1127015980&ref=list&keyword=Star Trek

Damn i can't believe i missed this. I want one so bad. Damn it.

1 hour ago, derex3592 said:

I think I may have to cave in and order the STD Section 31 Drone. I don't watch STD, but that is just a wicked looking ship. Also want to pull the trigger on the XL Ent J, but am going to wait for the reviews in hand before I do because well...Eaglemoss..LOL. 

I’ll tell everybody what I think of it.

Nope. Number one, I don't trust Eaglemoss that much, going to wait for some in hand reviews before I buy.  2nd, just plunked down cash for the wife a new lease car, so spending is curtailed for now especially with this stupid virus situation. 

Edited by derex3592

Dang, it looks awesome. Eagle moss put their “A” team on this model it seems!

Edited by Sildani

Well I was all prepared to give my impressions of the Enterprise J for everyone but instead the carrier has apparently labelled the package as undeliverable and, according to Informed Delivery, didn't bother delivering any of my normal mail either.  That's my USPS!

So I managed to catch USPS before they attempted to send the model back and got it today.  First impression, not worth it.  Outside of a better looking boussard collector on the front of the nacelles, more sturdy pylons, and the fact the saucer/bridge section is three pieces it's literally just a blown up version of the regular size J.  Unless you just want it larger I would not recommend.

Also my engine section isn't even glued together correct.  Eaglemoss!

28A5F255-1A95-404D-AF6B-124CC79314B0.thumb.jpeg.7e3d91a01a40b8f9e32a0f8fa669c235.jpeg

13F96DE2-5E66-444B-9819-4D8145D9D015.thumb.jpeg.43db88ce517c7ec755761df230a8b52f.jpeg

9C1142FE-B345-4D7C-973C-AF3CED63AA5E.thumb.jpeg.fcaee63ed5112da1ca03fc6ae1a03d21.jpeg 

02FD0FA6-838F-4A77-B0BB-996A0FB62943.thumb.jpeg.adbc298ed47c26d6ff6ef50fcff53c59.jpeg

Edited by Mommar

Thanks for the review Mommar, as I’m not a fan of the design I’m passing on it. The Enterprise-X though, that’s got my attention, especially if a Negh’Var class is released too. 

Thanks Mommar, appreciate the review. Not a fan of that design either. So while I was considering getting one, hoping it would grow on me, it just too silly looking for me.

My concept Reliant and Disco season 2 D-7 are enroute. Should be here soon too.

Chris

I just realized....the E-J has the same configuration as the Bonaventure. Strange how I LOVE the Bonaventure and not the E-J. I think it is the silly looking pylons. I know the theory behind it, future technology/materials and all, but aesthetics still need to play a part. I think if the design got a few more passes it would have been pretty cool.

Chris

1 hour ago, Dobber said:

I just realized....the E-J has the same configuration as the Bonaventure. Strange how I LOVE the Bonaventure and not the E-J. I think it is the silly looking pylons. I know the theory behind it, future technology/materials and all, but aesthetics still need to play a part. I think if the design got a few more passes it would have been pretty cool.

Chris

The Bonaventure isn't nearly so spindly, and the saucer is circular.

Those are really my issues with the J, the pylons and nacelles look terrible from a structural/engineering perspective, and the saucer just looks stretched with how wide it is. On the whole it looks like someone took a trek ship and stretched it out until it was about to snap.

I dislike the pylons and the enormous “plow” piece at the front of the saucer. I like the idea, but rather surprisingly for a Drexler Shipyards Design it fell short. 

So the Concept Reliant just showed up and it looks REALLY good.  Except for the seam line on the sides where the pylons attach and at the back along the base of the impulse engines it looks great.  Design wise the Nacelles are probably too high and a bit too thick but overall it’s a shame this design wasn’t worked into the official Trek lore.  I think with light massaging it would look incredible.  I was not aware of the double dual torpedo tubes on the bottom.  Eaglemoss needs better promo photographers.  If I could nitpick one thing it's the oddly cheaply painted Shuttle Bays and Impulse engines on the back.  The rest of it looks spectacular though.  I do recommend this one.

75B69790-FEEC-49D9-84B8-F41950DC0FF8.thumb.jpeg.c9384c060e5690f4479efed6f4da72f1.jpeg66CE74F2-782F-4549-B09E-BC3D828AE5E3.thumb.jpeg.7e84f4ffc75c712d2b230d52ff51e4ed.jpeg68021EF5-C846-48B8-B133-9FD93DC94A85.thumb.jpeg.b14104e460431393f2deae8092830769.jpeg49A48189-9C23-477F-BAB9-0017616179F0.thumb.jpeg.586516182751b1be232e063e2d485c28.jpeg15F31AEF-3715-40CB-9C2E-BD1B583B9EAF.thumb.jpeg.0d5e3303188bb1002f2db192dd5957e0.jpeg83D5F55E-C317-4AF7-8618-025F41802C7F.thumb.jpeg.ca5f114983873eb67f3be323f1a35a2f.jpegEE0E2884-5912-4D7A-8B75-E8C118222DA6.thumb.jpeg.8180fc0dc3cf2ebae9d8dc641e6cfcf8.jpeg

Edited by Mommar

2 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

The Bonaventure isn't nearly so spindly, and the saucer is circular.

Those are really my issues with the J, the pylons and nacelles look terrible from a structural/engineering perspective, and the saucer just looks stretched with how wide it is. On the whole it looks like someone took a trek ship and stretched it out until it was about to snap.

That’s why I said “configuration”

I agree with you on everything that is wrong with the EJ just that it’s component configuration is the same os the Bonaventure... a central engineering type hull with the deflector up front and the sauce through the middle of it. Upraised nacelles at the aft end of centralized engineering hull.

The execution of the E-J’s component parts are just....bad.

Chris

On 3/10/2020 at 6:28 PM, Dobber said:

Just received the MK III Viper. A very nice replica and very front heavy from lots of metal up front in the nose.

Chris

Man, I'd love to see some photos and hear your thoughts on this one. I don't have any of their other Vipers, but this one is really calling to me.

Foley....for being such a big Trekkie....clearly doesn’t know the ships details well. Things he say are spot on and amazing are nowhere near being accurate. He lost all credibility with me when he reviewed the XL Refit and was saying pretty much the same things for it and it is universally derided as the worst of the line and so completely wrong in so many ways.

Chris

Edited by Dobber

11 hours ago, Dobber said:

Things he say are spot on and amazing are nowhere near being accurate.

I don't even need to watch the video to make that determination: the thumbnail alone says it all.  Looks like pewter.  :unsure:

Edit: Okay, having watched it, that's just a result of crappy lighting...

...but I see other reasons why credibility is an issue.  :huh:

oops.thumb.jpeg.e86a00d1ea5208e44597a617ababa780.jpeg

It's YouTube reviews like this that inspire me to do my own, if only because I know I couldn't possibly do worse.  <_<

Edited by tekering

• 1 month later...

Last night I noticed something odd out of the corner of my eye, found the Reliant upside down, with a snapped off nacelle laying on the floor.  Somehow it dislodged itself from its stand and jumped to the floor.  None of the other ships appear to be moved except the Bozeman (another Miranda), which was also loose.  Watch out for those Miranda Class stands, they apparently will fail.