Eaglemoss Star Trek Starship, BSG & other starships Collection

Sandman

33 minutes ago, David Hingtgen said:

Also---are the markings on the front half of the pylons engraved?  They're either WAY too deep or painted with contrasting accent lines or something. 

From this image I would say that appears to be some detailing added to the surface.

Carl

Team_EntD_1756x1000.jpg

Adam Savage’s Tested now has posted a video about the Chronicle Collectibles replica of the U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701-D.

https://youtu.be/N6a5b-oWfWM

Reading through the comments has prompted a couple questions.  Comments like this "lifeboat design clearly based on Generations refit" has me wondering just what was changed on the exterior as part of this refit.  I can find some information on bridge changes but I couldn't fine anything related to the lifeboats.  Any good links that detail changes made between the series and Generations?

And another question that I've wondered about for a while... what is this arrangement on the back of the Saucer Section?  I found this image that details many of the surface features but this doesn't appear to be labeled.  They don't have the same color as the surrounding windows so I tend to think they are something else.  It seems like a rather unique and prominent feature but I haven't found anything detailing what it is exactly.  Just curious if anyone knows?  

Considering its placement, I'm tempted to think it might be some sort of Optical landing system used by incoming shuttle traffic but that is just a guess.

Carl

What.PNG

SaucerSurfaceDetails.jpg

Edited by wwwmwww

So, I actually recall some random note on that array, and it being referred to as a greenhouse/arboretum area.  I don't know where that was, or whether it was just blowing smoke.  I'm not sure if those are supposed to be windows, or an actual glowing sensor/projector of some sort.

Given the location, it would make sense for it to be a tractor beam array, since the lower array on the bottom of the ship wouldn't be any good for pulling things into the shuttle bays.

Far as the 1/350 Reliant goes, has Polar Lights mentioned a larger scale kit of that ship yet?  I have their 1/1000 kits, and they're not bad, but the fit/assembly on the Reliant isn't very good.

2 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

So, I actually recall some random note on that array, and it being referred to as a greenhouse/arboretum area.  I don't know where that was, or whether it was just blowing smoke.  I'm not sure if those are supposed to be windows, or an actual glowing sensor/projector of some sort.

Given the location, it would make sense for it to be a tractor beam array, since the lower array on the bottom of the ship wouldn't be any good for pulling things into the shuttle bays.

Far as the 1/350 Reliant goes, has Polar Lights mentioned a larger scale kit of that ship yet?  I have their 1/1000 kits, and they're not bad, but the fit/assembly on the Reliant isn't very good.

Nope Round 2/polar lights hasn’t made a 1/350 Reliant. Hope the E-E is number 3

Chris

43 minutes ago, Dobber said:

Literally the post just above yours

Yes, he posted while I was typing my post.  It wasn't my intent to be redundant.  As I also asked a few questions I didn't feel compelled to go back and delete that first part.

Sorry...

15 hours ago, Dobber said:

Nope Round 2/polar lights hasn’t made a 1/350 Reliant. Hope the E-E is number 3

Chris

Now, that I can agree with.. though 1/350 would be a bit big, I'd love to get a proper update to the old AMT kit.

The only thing really keeping me from getting all of the existing 1/350 kits is the lack of display space for ships that huge.  The old AMT kits I have are big enough already, even if they're nowhere near as good.

Though.. maybe this is one of those cases where I should grab the kits before they disappear.. :huh: 

The video makes it sound like they like the 2ft range so the older era ships and smaller Next Gen ships can be 1/350 while the Larger Ships would be 1/1000. That’s what I am waiting for....a 1/1000 E-E. B))

Chris

Always liked 1/2000 to really get the perspective for how big some of the other ships became.   3D print the rest, though the starter kits from Polar Lights are nice. 

Even then some are too big. Jem Hadar Battleship and Borg, of course.

USS Altair - the Voyager/Enterprise-J concept boomerang - is up for pre-order as well. 

Looking forward to the Excelsior XL! I really like its design.

On 7/24/2019 at 3:57 PM, Dobber said:

Chronicle’s E-D was at SDCC. A 1/350 Reliant is next. Debuting at NYCC. Glad the line is continuing.

If the Reliant is next, then a TMP Enterprise might be just around the corner. That would break me and I'd pay $1701 for that!

7 hours ago, JB0 said:

I can't believe no one's called this release the XL-scior yet. I'm disappointed in all of you. 

Lol! I can’t believe I didn’t see it! :shok:

18 hours ago, Dobber said:

XL Excelsior and BSG Raptor are up for preorder on the US Eaglemoss site.

Chris

My acquisitions for the week (month really). Only part I dont like on TOS raider is the stickers in the engine exhaust.

20190726_133941.thumb.jpg.ef8b0563ba518a104614c528b7632bec.jpg

Chris have you noticed that the Eaglemoss Pegasus and Deluxe Titanium Galactica are roughly to scale? I need a small stand for this Galactica.

15641630565374195778714928002060.thumb.jpg.ab37d66311b7dbed2458c85570f47c29.jpg

Edited by easnoddy

Yo! That’s awesome! I may have to track that down. 

Also the Disney diecast Imperial Star Destroyer looks to be in scale with the EM Pegasus too.

Thanks for the heads up. :)

Chris

• 3 weeks later...

One of these days I'll get around to cleaning up my Art Asylum/Diamond Select copies.  They're not bad, but the neck on the normal Ent-D got badly misprinted with oddball colors and no windows.  The "All Good Things" variant is much better in that regard, but the construction on the third nacelle pylon is disgustingly sloppy, and needs some putty and repainting.

Need to make myself some not-terrible display stands while I'm at it. :p 

How big is the XL BoP?  I've got the AA/DS one, and that's a beauty, probably their best release, but it's huge, and I'd love something that scales better with the TMP Refit.

Edited by Chronocidal

On ‎8‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 8:41 AM, tekering said:

Respect, Sandman.  :hi:

I'll just have to make do with my Aoshima.

609749930_Aoshimasaucer.thumb.jpg.868ec8f34e9af5ffa831ba277ffa4d6c.jpg

1318155144_AoshimaEnterprise.thumb.jpg.34f7610779fb9bd8789c3b4fcf5b2ac5.jpg

2099631241_Aoshimafrombehind.thumb.jpg.9719c9aba79bb20dc5858b4328207d39.jpg

Whenever I see the Ent-D with the lifeboats so prominently painted it just reinforces that the Galaxy Class was never meant for combat, survivability, or long range exploration.  It's like a modern cruise liner, the sides stacked high with obvious lifeboats.  Then there's the overabundance of windows, an issue with most Trek ships to be honest, a pretty ship but seriously vulnerable to attack.

36 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

True....but honestly, if you could pick any ship to be on for like 5 years, gotta be Ent-D! Soooo huge and luxurious! It would be my pick, hands down! 

For a peacetime mission, sure but I would hate to take one into battle.  As was shown many times, they are glass cannons.

10 minutes ago, Mommar said:

Was that shown many times?

I remember more than a few instances where the lifeboats were used, usually involving the Borg.

It does bring to mind the observation I heard or read once about the series not really being intellectually honest about the mission of the Federation.

In essence they are portrayed as space wandering diplomat/scientists, but yet the ships themselves have ever stronger shields and weaponry, which every few episodes they have to bust out.

Edited by Mazinger

5 minutes ago, Mazinger said:

I remember more than a few instances where the lifeboats were used, usually involving the Borg.

It does bring to mind the observation I heard or read once about the series not really being intellectually honest about the mission of the Federation.

In essence they are portrayed as space wandering diplomat/scientists, but yet the ships themselves have ever stronger shields and weaponry, which every few episodes they have to bust out.

He said they were glass cannons.  I don’t believe that to be the case at all.  Not a single Galaxy Class vessel was lost during the Dominion war except for the USS Odyssey which survived multiple Jem’Hadar vessels without shields and was only destroyed when the Jem’Hadar rammed the drive section as they attempted escape back to the Alpha quadrant.  They were the only ships that were effective against Borg Cubes until specialized ships like the Defiant and the Sovereign/Streamrunner/etc were developed.  They could punch holes in Cardassian Galor vessels like they were paper.