Hey whats up guys!

Im a big macross cel collector.. and other 70s 80s animation cels. Check out my posts on the macross cel thread... i even posted some of my other collections outside of macross. need to sell this soon!!!

Btw, im on the straight shooters list! Sold other cels in the past with great experiences from buyers.

Dont want to sell this very rare, one of a kind cel....but im raising funds for my daughter's college! Sheesh.. they grow up fast! 
HISTORY: 
Anyway, i got this item 10 years ago on yahoo japan auction from a macross/robotech cel collector in japan. Paid quite a bit for it.. 
Authenticity: 
I made sure it matches with the exact frame from the intro sequence of robotech/macross tv show. 
I came across another similar cel few years ago and the handwriting of the frame numbers match to this one..
The colors of the paint match the show. And the cel is not cracking or has any damages. It is stuck to a sketch of minmei and kyle walking. It's a very small sketch. And there are also classic signs of age.. the xerox lines of the cel have browned a bit from oxidation over the last 36 years! 

Guaranteed authentic and extremely rare! Get the chance to own this and help a father out sending his kid to college next year! 
No returns accepted unless its fake.. which i guarantee it is the real deal! Im also well acquainted with another forum member: mokman (well known macross cel collector on this forum, he'll vouch for me)

Price: 1900.00
BEST OFFERS WELCOME! 
Thanks for looking!

20180206_225421.jpg

20180206_225350.jpg

20180206_225317.jpg

20180206_225405.jpg

Edited by rusted180
price change

• 3 years later...
1 hour ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Necromancy!

D160AC12-677D-47AE-B53F-C4F658DC6D2A.thumb.jpeg.917af163f5e49e40f66daef709467762.jpeg

This, lol. :D
On topic, is there a way to verify the authenticity of a cell like this? For example, do cells like this have some serial number that can be looked up somewhere to verify it came from a particular source and/or be matched to a specific frame?

4 hours ago, MWUser said:

This, lol. :D
On topic, is there a way to verify the authenticity of a cell like this? For example, do cells like this have some serial number that can be looked up somewhere to verify it came from a particular source and/or be matched to a specific frame?

Only real way to tell is to match it to the scene.   From what I recall when I collected anime cels, the black lines fade to a brown, which is a good way to tell the age.  I do see some paint chips, in the upper left, which indicates some damage when it was pulled away from the paper it was stuck to.