Hisone to Maso-tan (Dragon Pilot: Hisone and Masotan)

Thought I might start a post on this,  Because of its Macross relevance. 

First and foremost, "Mechanic design: Shoji Kawamori" and after watching the trailer I think I see why. Dragons hiding in jets! Second then they transform out and wear the jet parts as armor.  I'm thinking this show might be worth a watch. 

The described as "a heartwarming story...filled with love, laughter and tears", the plot of Hisone and Masotan is as follows:

Straightforward and innocent Hisone Amakasu is a rookie self-defense official. She was struggling with the fact that she sometimes hurts people unintentionally by her innocent words and decided to join in Air Self-Defence, hoping to maintain a certain distance from people. This decision led her to a fateful encounter which profoundly changes her life. It was the dragon hidden in the base and it chose Hisone as his pilot. When it soared into the sky with Hisone, her fate as a dragon pilot was decided. It is said that dragons have a key to the future of the world…

Hisone and Masotan will broadcast in Japan in 2018. An official Twitter feed (@hisomaso_anime) has also been published for Hisone and Masotan.

This looks about a thousand times better than Jūshinki Pandora does.  The clean, simplistic character designs are extremely appealing, and the cel-shaded CGI is infinitely preferable to how Kawamori designs are usually rendered nowadays.

Thanks for the heads-up, HAL!