Ordered 2 Archangels with a reorder of the X-Men Apocalypse wave at Dorkside to get free shipping.  I don’t want to pay shipping and tax from Entertainment Earth or Gamestop.

I’m definitely getting Blink, Magik (I never got the SDCC set), Professor X, Gambit, and Skullbuster.  Hopefully they release more of The Reavers.  My Toy Biz Professor X will stay with my Classic X-Men.

I might still buy the Target Exclusive Wolverine and Sentinel set.

Gambit is of course a must-buy. But I am a bit miffed that their using the bicep part from Multiple Man again, it looks to big to me. They should have used the upper jacket-arm from Spider Noir.

Professor X with hover chair also a must-get, nifty trick with the hovering effect doubling as a sort of stand.

Archangel is a cool set. Funny never really had interest in picking this character up before, but now he has sort of wandered in the "want" bracket. Also from some of the display case pictures it looks like Archangel doesn't have the Bucky-Cap feet this time around?

Regarding Blink, is it me or has Hasbro made a new cut-out around the elbow-joint to allow for greater articulation?

I really hope the BAF is not Beast as some have been speculating, because I don't buy whole waves. I wavered a lot with Apocalypse and then decided against it, because I don't want to end up figures I don't care for.

And two questions from my side, what is the story behind that black suited Spider-Man, is it a modern Symbiote Suit? And which character is that "green lantern" thingy in the teaser image supposed to hint at?

2 hours ago, lechuck said:

Gambit is of course a must-buy. But I am a bit miffed that their using the bicep part from Multiple Man again, it looks to big to me. They should have used the upper jacket-arm from Spider Noir.

Regarding Blink, is it me or has Hasbro made a new cut-out around the elbow-joint to allow for greater articulation?

The bicep part is from the Netflix Punisher figure.  I think that's the better choice, personally.  Though I'd rather have a Mezco version of Gambit at this point.

In an interview Dwight Stall said he took the prototype for the Jaina Solo figure from the Black Series group and showed it to their sculptors to point out that even though she's single jointed at the elbows her range of motion is superior to any of the Marvel figures.

The MCU figures continue to Hasbro's best efforts with the Marvel legends line.  Best sculpts, paint ( they actually use washes), and molded details.  I preordered archangel even though I have the last two versions, which look better than this newer version, but this is what we get from Hasbro these days.   Chrome wings, but the rest of the paint looks so so.  I should take some alcalad  to one of my arch angels, future project maybe. I'm only  really interested in the X-Men figures and they are somewhat underwhelming.  Gambit would benefit from a Soft goods trench coat, stubble and a wash to the hair.   They need to retire the Nick Fury trench coat.   Professor X should be a $35 dollar figure tops.     The 90's storm should come with a black costume.  

I really wish Hasbro would step their game up.   Getting sick and tired of all the lack of attention to detail, Poor paint,  over use of the same bucks and lack of articulation on the female figures.   

13 hours ago, lechuck said:

Archangel is a cool set. Funny never really had interest in picking this character up before, but now he has sort of wandered in the "want" bracket. Also from some of the display case pictures it looks like Archangel doesn't have the Bucky-Cap feet this time around?

I’ll open one of the Archangels and keep the other one MISB.  This Archangel is the same as the other 2 but with different paint, closed fists, chrome wings, and more accessories.  I’ll probably give this Archangel the Death head and swap wings so that my Hit Monkey wave Archangel will have chrome wings.

B6CBF7CB-5997-4FC1-8C70-A47D14D79E06.jpeg.dbe6c6e1244bc16be5883306436e63f7.jpeg

0CAC05A6-CFB4-45BD-A2F4-B5D6019F2ECF.thumb.jpeg.478aad9b8bcf8b71bd185ed68bc80636.jpeg

Here are some official Hasbro pics of all of the ones I’m interested in.  More pics at Toyark.

E0F1843C-2477-435D-8C83-602B31549FAF.thumb.jpeg.5b522143e17a4f82a0be732c572e6982.jpeg

CE056B0B-9FBE-4490-891D-2E65D7CB9C08.thumb.jpeg.2cab7fae7cb88f58bcd8b7b42ffd98c4.jpeg

5638ACF1-B581-42C2-8BE2-ED1462715E7E.thumb.jpeg.2d59a34a9c100849e43b21801e3d8548.jpeg

BC1C9685-5076-4A66-81A5-044570815592.thumb.jpeg.d9e61e41bd79debd3d2d9a682f1ce8f0.jpeg

C0E7134B-997B-4BF5-9341-6D2A49E90D0C.jpeg.3cec23a2d6d80344763beda153fe33ff.jpeg

3DFF7DC8-35EA-4536-962D-0871CC156718.jpeg.8af191f90592c2819af7d67862b039de.jpeg

That sentinel set should come with a charred wolvie skeleton as an accessory!  Picking up Blink, Xavier, Majik, Archangel and Gambit.  Will likely pass on the sentinel as I ran out of space eons ago.  

Interesting.  So it's not as easy as just popping it off, huh?  And that whole chest piece is removable too.

I just tracked down that video you captioned.  I think my idea will look pretty good.

Edited by Mommar

Picked up Wolverine and Gladiator at my local target tonight.   They also had the 10 year MCU figures( iron man, falcon and Winter soldier 2 pack, and Ross/ Killmonger 2 pack.

So Walgreens exclusives are... odd.  They had their strange smorgasbord of various characters like Black Ant and Namor.  Then they went FF for a time, with the odd Medusa thrown in.  Now Magik and Mystique.  Dwight said Walgreens has a theme they like to go with.  Other than random mutants I don't get the connection between Magik and Mystique. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...